People is wrapping their Mavic with alluminium foil!
3490 10 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwentyThrill
lvl.1

Australia

Yes, as you can see is happening, not sure if DJI knows about that, but a lot of users are forced to do that in order to put their Mavic in ATTI mode.
Pilot the Mavic in ATTI mode not only guarantee more stability of the footage for pro-pilots, but can also increase the safety of new users, by training in an open field they could easly get used to that mode of flight and prefent to crash if the Mavic suddently loose the GPS during a normal session.
I saw TONS of videos where people crashed their Mavic because GPS suddently lost signal and the pilot don`t know how to handle a drone in ATTI mode (i crashed my Mavic Air in the same way as well).
Please DJI, put a big warning on all your Mavic boxes: "LEARN TO HANDLE ATTI MODE (and read the manual)" and please, provide a way to switch manually on ATTI, so there will be tutorials on internet and people will know. Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TwentyThrill. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. According to the After-Sales Service Policies of DJI. After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals and damage caused by improper installation, incorrect use, or operation not in accordance with official instructions or manuals. I will be posting a link for additional information about the After-Sales Service Policies of DJI https://www.dji.com/service/poli ... te&from=footer. In addition I will forward this information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes DJi knows..i dont recommend it, learning to fly in atti mode is a good idea in general i agree however...mavics shouldn't just drops GPS in the open sky..

if the mavic suddenly lost GPS while flying outside above the tree, this isn't normal operation, and likely a glitch or malfunction or a failure.  safest option is to rapidly reduce altitude safely and land or get within vision positioning (or Opti) mode range and wait for a GPS lock or bring it back to you and land and figure out what happened and why.

but some other trick and tips.. (assuming not a storm blowing drone around)

1. toggle cinematic mode/tripod mode this dramatically reduces input and makes flying in atti mode much easier.

2. set a profile for input gains to be reduce and toggle that profile instead if atti mode strikes..

3. fly back as close as comfortable and reduce altitude rapidly until within vision mode..

4. do not engaged RTH ever with failing GPS, normally it disables RTH but be mindful just incase, not supposed to have lost GPS and you did so something isnt right.  just manually fly it  if you have to..

5. if a storm is causing it and flying is hard, find an area clear and do a landing button and help it down by pushing stick down.. it should eventually drop into vision range and land ..then race over and rescue it..much better than it being blown 2 miles away and chances of rescuing it falling rapidly..
2019-1-7
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

Why on earth would you cover an relatively expensive drone like the MA with aluminium foil, just so you can learn to fly in ATTI mode?  IMHO just buy a cheap $20 drone and learn to fly!  In fact A cheap learners drone would be a great thing for DJI to include when buying a more expensive DJI drone.  A new pilot could learn to fly and crash it all they want before taking up their expensive investment, and if you already know how to fly you just got a great present to give away.  For DJI it would only cost them a few dollars at most!
2019-1-7
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.1

Australia

QuadFunAus Posted at 1-7 17:05
Why on earth would you cover an relatively expensive drone like the MA with aluminium foil, just so you can learn to fly in ATTI mode?  IMHO just buy a cheap $20 drone and learn to fly!  In fact A cheap learners drone would be a great thing for DJI to include when buying a more expensive DJI drone.  A new pilot could learn to fly and crash it all they want before taking up their expensive investment, and if you already know how to fly you just got a great present to give away.  For DJI it would only cost them a few dollars at most!

I payed for a Mavic and I wish to learn well on that drone, I think that will be just a waste of time and money buying a cheap drone + cheap controller and learn to fly in ATTI. A 20$ drone will never be even close to a Mavic in ATTI mode.
2019-1-7
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

TwentyThrill Posted at 1-7 17:42
I payed for a Mavic and I wish to learn well on that drone, I think that will be just a waste of time and money buying a cheap drone + cheap controller and learn to fly in ATTI. A 20$ drone will never be even close to a Mavic in ATTI mode.

I beg to disagree TwentyThrill, I purchased one of these Blade Nano QX just to fly around the house (and outside on a calm day) and it really hones the finger skills on the sticks. Great fun and good for learning the basics
2019-1-7
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-7 17:59
I beg to disagree TwentyThrill, I purchased one of these Blade Nano QX just to fly around the house (and outside on a calm day) and it really hones the finger skills on the sticks. Great fun and good for learning the basics

Amen to that.  I cut my teeth on a Visuo XS809S.  It is PERFECT for getting the hang of things.

The last thing I'd want to do with my MA is something that would void the warranty, especially if whatever mod I make is going to make it more susceptible to crashing.
2019-1-7
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

I payed for a Mavic and I wish to learn well on that drone, I think that will be just a waste of time and money buying a cheap drone + cheap controller and learn to fly in ATTI. A 20$ drone will never be even close to a Mavic in ATTI mode.

Definitely not a waste of time to learn on a cheap drone.  They are much harder to fly than any GPS enabled drone and will really help you to learn how to fly.  Learning how to orientate yourself and fly while your drone faces different directions on a non-GPS drone is tricky and takes a lot of practice.  Best to do this on a cheap drone because you WILL crash!  Once you learn this, it is the same on any other drone and time definitely well spent, plus a lot of fun.
2019-1-7
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your right, a cheap $20 drone will be much harder to fly than a Mavic in ATTI mode.
2019-1-7
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

QuadFunAus Posted at 1-7 17:05

There's too much common sense in this post for the average DJI consumer.
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_kaVZlZOaTqIl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 16:09
Hello and good day TwentyThrill. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. According to the After-Sales Service Policies of DJI. After-Sales Policy Does NOT Cover damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembly, or shell opening not in accordance with official instructions or manuals and damage caused by improper installation, incorrect use, or operation not in accordance with official instructions or manuals. I will be posting a link for additional information about the After-Sales Service Policies of DJI https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer. In addition I will forward this information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development. Thank you for your support.

Theme is none gps training on sticks and dial and hard soft actuations of flight.
I try very conscientiously to train flight none gps mode.
Smooth gliding banking turning ascending descending is okay defaulted dji setup sensitivities.
Although claim has been staked virtual piloting is greater difficulty, piloting is easier obtaining smoothness because of the visual feedback to your eyes to your brain to your sticks, kinda self-correcting as compared to eyeballing that speck line of sight.
I'm trying to examine the drawbacks either visual mode, both are risks from the unpredictiveness of electromechanical designs and programmers coding. This model is recent, called beta testing regardless consumers costs. Be vigilant be practical as dji product is expensive, called assets protection, the investment of capturing furthered investment.
Inform dji of unusual conditions that are not predicted documentation wise.
Understand product evolve can not happen alone on dji's behalf. They do their fa
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules