Firmware Refresh ERRORS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

The current update for the Phantom 4 Advanced is dated 8-6-17.  

It may be time to request (nicely) for a new update as there are many Errors and Malfunctions to deal with.

Refreshing the Firmware by using the DJI Assitant 2 gives an ERRROR of the following below:

Air Encoder Error (0x4)
Error Code (code:203) Takeoff Failed. Check whether the aircraft is connected to the USB.  Restart aircraft if no connection.  
Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart. (see photo)

There are also another 15 Intermittent Errors as well.  I can list them if requested.

Does anyone know what to do with this ERROR?  Is this ERROR a major factor or a Non-Issue?

Thank You.  Keep Flying

Refreshing Firmware Error

Refreshing Firmware Error
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this concern. May we know what happened to your drone prior to encounter these error messages? Are we running the latest firmware? If your drone experienced an incident or collision, we would recommend contacting our support for further evaluation of your drone. You may refer to the link below.

www.dji.com/support
2019-1-8
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-8 16:46
Hi, we're sorry to know about this concern. May we know what happened to your drone prior to encounter these error messages? Are we running the latest firmware? If your drone experienced an incident or collision, we would recommend contacting our support for further evaluation of your drone. You may refer to the link below.

www.dji.com/support

Hello,

Thank You For Your Response.   

DJI Question: (WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR DRONE PRIOR TO THESE ERROR MESSAGES?)

Answer:  Nothing, this is a Newly Refurbished Drone Replaced Only 2 weeks ago.

DJI Question:  (ARE WE RUNNING THE LATEST FIRMWARE?)

Answer:  YES V01.00.0128 (CURRENT).  2017-06-08. OFFICIAL

DJI Question:  (IF YOUR DRONE EXPERIENCED AN INCIDENT OR COLLISION, WE RECOMMEND CONTACTING OUR SUPPORT FOR FURTHER EVALUATION OF YOUR DRONE.)

Answer:  NO INCIDENTS OR ACCIDENTS.  Nothing, this is a Newly Refurbished Drone Replaced Only 2 weeks ago.

THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTED ERRORS ARE BELOW:

*Black Screen.                                         
*Green Screen.                                         
*Aircraft Disconnect                                
*No Image Transmission.                        
*Command Time Out
*Signal Lost Aircraft Returning Home
*Compass Error Exit  P-GPS Mode
*IMU Heading Error.  Please Restart Aircraft
*Weak GPS Signal - Position Accuracy May Be Compromised. Fly With Caution
*Abnormal Compass Function or GPS Signal Detected. Aircraft Switched To ATTI Mode
*In Flight (No GPS)
*Signal – Weak Image Transmission
*Strong Wireless Interference
*Image Transmission Recovered
*Air Encoder Error (0x4)
*Error Code (code:203) Takeoff Failed
*Warning: Motor Overloaded. Aircraft Will Decelerate to Ensure Safety
*Auto Takeoff Mode — Aircraft Goes Up, Then Down, Then Up Again
*Remote Controller Intermittent (Constant High Pitch Sound) While Charging

(Please inform and send all posted ERRORS and MALFUNCTIONS to DJI Engineers in China) for a SOFTWARE PATCH.  Screenshots for every ERROR and/or MALFUNCTION are available upon request.

I'm recently in communication with DJI Support.  They are attempting to address the situation.

MY MAIN REASON FOR POSTING THESE ERRORS IS FOR THE ENGINEERS AT DJI CHINA TO SEE THEM AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO THE NEW FIRMWARE COMING OUT.

2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SkyEye21 Posted at 1-8 17:32
Hello,

Thank You For Your Response.   

Hi, thanks for providing the information. No worries, I'll be forwarding this situation with our team. However, we would like to know where did you purchase the unit? You can send the details via PM. We highly recommend contacting our support for further help and for possible replacement as long as you've met the requirements for replacement. You may refer to the link above if you wish to contact our service and the link below is for our after sales policy. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_u5dwSlIE10x7
New
United States

Just got a Mavis 2 Pro and cannot get the firmware update for the RC. The controller firmware update went fine. Using a Note 8. Battery on all devices fully charged at the time and good signal. Is there a trick or something that I am missing? Help
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_u5dwSlIE10x7
New
United States

Just got a Mavis 2 Pro and cannot get the firmware update for the RC. The controller firmware update went fine. Using a Note 8. Battery on all devices fully charged at the time and good signal. Is there a trick or something that I am missing? Help
2019-1-9
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_u5dwSlIE10x7 Posted at 1-9 19:21
Just got a Mavis 2 Pro and cannot get the firmware update for the RC. The controller firmware update went fine. Using a Note 8. Battery on all devices fully charged at the time and good signal. Is there a trick or something that I am missing? Help

How are you updating?

DJI Assistant 2 on your computer or GO4 APP?
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_u5dwSlIE10x7
New
United States

SkyEye21 Posted at 1-9 23:27
How are you updating?

DJI Assistant 2 on your computer or GO4 APP?
Ive tried both ways. Go 4 app keeps saying no network as soon as i click the update button. On assistant 2 it doesnt recognize when the usb is plugged into the computer. The computer says its there but the assistant app doesnt.
2019-1-10
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_u5dwSlIE10x7 Posted at 1-10 18:17
Ive tried both ways. Go 4 app keeps saying no network as soon as i click the update button. On assistant 2 it doesnt recognize when the usb is plugged into the computer. The computer says its there but the assistant app doesnt.

The First thing you do is RESTART everything.  Even your computer, ESPECIALLY YOUR COMPUTER.

2nd Remove and Reformat the SD Card thats in the drone, I'm speaking from experience.  
An unformatted SD Card can cause problems. Reformat it.

Try using the DJI Assistant 2 before updating from your tablet.

4th make sure that you have good WIFI on your tablet, use the internet on the tablet and make sure.

If you update the drone from using your tablet, then you must update your Remote Controller Afterwards, because it will cause connection problems like disconnects if you don't.
DONT UPDATE FROM THE MAIN SCREEN, WHEN IT ASKS YOU..............YOU HAVE TO UPDATE FROM ANOTHER PAGE.

GO TO GENERAL SETTINGS, then go all the way down and click on ABOUT, this will pull up the update page.  look at screen shot.  The THREE BLUE DOTS ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE SCREENSHOT IS SELECTED. Find this page.

Last option go to this LINK BELOW and talk to a live person.

https://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic-2
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules