Vision+ Battery not charging
1314 16 2015-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Went to charge each of my 4 batteries for V+ and they are not charging. Have tried 2 chargers and the lights do not go on. The drone had been sitting for about 1 1/2 weeks. Everything was fine before - Any thoughts?
2015-6-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

What state of charge are the batteries ?
How many Green LED's light up when you press the button ?
2015-6-4
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-6-5 08:13
What state of charge are the batteries ?
How many Green LED's light up when you press the button ?

they range from 36% - 55
2015-6-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Have you tried turning the battery on and then charging (normally if the battery is over 75% this is the only way to top it up), I know you says yours are at a lower charge, but might be worth a try.
2015-6-4
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-6-5 08:20
Have you tried turning the battery on and then charging (normally if the battery is over 75% this is ...

Tried that and nothing happens
2015-6-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Very odd, I cant see all 4 batteries being dead at once, or 2 chargers.
Have you paid your electric bill ?
2015-6-4
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-6-5 08:37
Very odd, I cant see all 4 batteries being dead at once, or 2 chargers.
Have you paid your electric  ...

HA! It's not making sense - I thought having not used the machine in 1.5 weeks might have something to do with it but can't find anything online
2015-6-4
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

flydronefly Posted at 2015-6-5 08:41
HA! It's not making sense - I thought having not used the machine in 1.5 weeks might have somethin ...

The one and a half weeks is not involved in that.  Does the LED on the charger(s) come on? Do you own a Multimeter or know somebody that can lend you one to check the output voltage of the charger power  brick?
2015-6-5
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

plug it in to another outlet in another room or another house?
2015-6-5
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.2

United States

What does the light on the charger brick show?  Off/Red/Green?  

Does it change?  

It really does sounds like your A/C power outlet isn't supplying power to your chargers.  I'd try another outlet that is known to be working.  Next step is grab a multimeter  and do some fact finding...

Good luck!
2015-6-6
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

With two different chargers the chance that both are bad is astronomical. Sounds like an electrical problem. You may have a bad receptacle or even a bad breaker in the panel. Go way down the line in the house and try there so you can be sure your on,another circuit. If the issue persists you may want to check other appliances and see if they are having issues. I've seen where a ground or neutral in the house has broken loose and you get erratic problems. A bad breaker can give you low voltages. I had a brand new washing machine that would work fine until it got to the spin cycle. Had repair service out and they couldn't find anything wrong with the machines diagnostics... Just would quit at that point. I put a multimeter on it and the voltage was around 85 volts. Check the bus on the panel and it was 115. Replaced the breaker and all went to working after voltage was enough for spin cycle. Go figure, seen stranger things with electrical problems. A little trouble shooting is in order here.
2015-6-6
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Riff Raff Posted at 2015-6-6 17:17
What does the light on the charger brick show?  Off/Red/Green?  

Does it change?  

There is no light - switched outlets and nothing. I am noticing a clicking noise in both chargers. Garbage?
2015-6-6
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-6-5 22:01
The one and a half weeks is not involved in that.  Does the LED on the charger(s) come on? Do you  ...

There is no light - switched outlets and nothing. I am noticing a clicking noise in both chargers. Garbage?
2015-6-6
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

flydronefly Posted at 2015-6-6 22:24
There is no light - switched outlets and nothing. I am noticing a clicking noise in both chargers. ...

Sounds like it
2015-6-6
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.2

United States

flydronefly Posted at 2015-6-6 22:23
There is no light - switched outlets and nothing. I am noticing a clicking noise in both chargers. ...

These are not-DJI chargers, correct?  If I were guessing, I'd guess that the non-DJI chargers are your problem.  But the only way to know for sure is to test with a verified, working charger, or get a multimeter and make take some basic voltage measurements.

These units do not draw very much power, so I tend to think that if your a/c outlet is working for other devices, it should power a charger.

Just for reference, with my DJI charger, when I plug the charger into the a/c the LED on the charger will blink red quickly, then go green.  It remains green when I plug the charger into a battery.  Then I can press the on/off button on the battery pack to light up the battery LEDs.  The whole time, the LED on the charger brick remains green.

Good luck.  You need to get this figured out and get the Phantom flying...
2015-6-9
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

Make sure the cords from the wall outlet to the charger are firmly inserted into the charger. I have a computer power brick that will disconnect from the power cord with minimal movement of the cord.
2015-6-9
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Riff Raff Posted at 2015-6-9 22:45
These are not-DJI chargers, correct?  If I were guessing, I'd guess that the non-DJI chargers are  ...

By "no light" I meant there is no light coming on - I bought another one and it works fine. It was odd that 2 stopped working at the same time - may have left them plugged in and power flickered in middle of nite during thunderstorm? I have no idea - but all set now -thanks
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules