o(^-^)o
Mojstr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173465 ft
Austria

Hi Guys!

I have a M2P.
Untitled.jpg

Can someone please explain the difference when stoping the motors between CSC Manuever and For use in emergencies only? If I understand corectly:
- CSC Manuever - every time you hold the sticks in this position the motors stop?
- Emergency only - in an emergeny if you hold the sicks in this position the motors stop? How does the mavic know when is an emergeny?

Do you have to push the stick in the direction quickly, or does it also shuts down if you do it slowly, or one before the other.

Thanks for your answers!

Regards, Žiga.

2019-1-12
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are the same thing.   Motors stop after holding in this position for a few seconds.
2019-1-12
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

They are the same thing.   Motors stop after holding in this position for a few seconds.  The normal way to stop the motors is to pull the left stick back and hold it after landing.  
2019-1-12
Use props
Mojstr
lvl.2
Austria

EdM Posted at 1-12 13:55
They are the same thing.   Motors stop after holding in this position for a few seconds.

Thanks for the reply, but why would there be two options if it is the same thing?
I didnt find any information about this in the user manual.
2019-1-12
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mojstr Posted at 1-12 13:59
Thanks for the reply, but why would there be two options if it is the same thing?
I didnt find any information about this in the user manual.

The CSC is for emergency use.   There are 2 options so you can turn it off if you are scared you might dumb thumb the sticks in this position and hold it for a few seconds during flight.  That is what it is to be used for, in case an emergency situation should arise that you would need to shut the motors down in flight.   
If you turn it on then you can either pull both sticks back and bring both to the inside or push to the outside, either way works for emergency shutdown.
Normal shutdown is to hold the left stick back for a few seconds after landing.  
2019-1-12
Use props
Mojstr
lvl.2
Austria

EdM Posted at 1-12 14:19
The CSC is for emergency use.   There are 2 options so you can turn it off if you are scared you might dumb thumb the sticks in this position and hold it for a few seconds during flight.  That is what it is to be used for, in case an emergency situation should arise that you would need to shut the motors down in flight.   
If you turn it on then you can either pull both sticks back and bring both to the inside or push to the outside, either way works for emergency shutdown.
Normal shutdown is to hold the left stick back for a few seconds after landing.

So if I understand correctly, if I have set it on "CSC maneuver", if I hold the sticks in displayed position the motors will stop, and if I have in on "for use in emergencies only" the motors wont stop if I do this move with sticks?
Thanks!
2019-1-13
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mojstr Posted at 1-13 07:56
So if I understand correctly, if I have set it on "CSC maneuver", if I hold the sticks in displayed position the motors will stop, and if I have in on "for use in emergencies only" the motors wont stop if I do this move with sticks?
Thanks!

No.  If you set to CSC it will take a couple of seconds to stop the motors.   If you set it to Emergency it will stop motors immediately.   Either way, it's coming down.

Looks like turning this feature off is no longer an option, probably a good thing.

2019-1-13
Use props
Mojstr
lvl.2
Austria

EdM Posted at 1-13 12:26
No.  If you set to CSC it will take a couple of seconds to stop the motors.   If you set it to Emergency it will stop motors immediately.   Either way, it's coming down.

Looks like turning this feature off is no longer an option, probably a good thing.

Okey now I understand.
Thank you for answers!
2019-1-13
Use props
fansa725aa53
New

Australia

The above is not correct. We were looking into this because we have to land the Mavic Pro 1 by catching it by hand on a moving boat. We need the stop motor command, because the drone doesn't know it has landed, since the boat is still moving.

Our findings:  If "Emergency only" is selected, and using the stop motors command, the motors still keep spinning like crazy for half a minute before shutting of. It was very difficult to keep the drone in one hand and prevent it from flying off again, causing a tricky situation. However if I put it in "CSC Maneuvre", the motor stops after 2-3 seconds after using the same command.

We just ran some tests that confirms this. Wish I knew it before.
2020-2-25
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If hand catching have you tried flipping it over 180 degrees after catching.   On some versions of the firmware that would shut the motors down immediately.   
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post. With regards to this query. Stopping the motors of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro in mid-flight will cause the aircraft to crash. The motors should only be stopped mid-flight in an emergency situation such as if there is a collision, a motor has stalled, the aircraft is rolling in the air, or the aircraft is out of control and is ascending/descending very quickly. To stop the motors mid-flight, use the Control Stick Command ( CSC ) as posted below. In addition, I will be posting a DJI Forum link on " EMERGENCY SHUT DOWN " for a DJI drone. I hope these can help you.  Thank you.

2020-2-25
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear Isa,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We understand that you want some clarifications regarding the CSC Maneuver and Emergency Only. Allow us to continue assisting you with this matter.

There are two emergency stop techniques for the motors.

1) Pushing both sticks to the inner or outer bottom corners (CSC):  It means that the motors will stop when performing CSC in any situation.

Conduct CSC, the drone will first turn around, and then stop after 2 seconds. This operation is very dangerous and is not recommended for users.

2) Choose CSC Maneuver (for use in emergencies only) in the app: It means that if the drone is at an abnormal state (for example, when the app detects that the drone is not working normally, or the drone has hit something during the flight, or the motor stops running due to obstacle, etc.), pushing both sticks to the inner or outer bottom corners will let the motor stop. It is recommended that the user choose this technique.

Notice:
1. After the drone takes off, the emergency stop technique can be changed.
2. The motors should only be stopped mid-flight in an emergency situation such as if a collision has occurred, the aircraft is out of control, the motor has stalled, or the aircraft is ascending or descending very quickly.

We hope that we have given you clarity on this. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further inquiries.

Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Regards,
Niko

DJI Technical Support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2020-3-27
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

See DJI Response Above. This concerns Mavic 2 Pro
2020-3-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14016926 ft
Sweden

ISA AYDIN Posted at 2020-3-27 08:57
Dear Isa,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Thanks for explanation.
Do I understand correctly that as per:
1. the motors will stop in 2 sec. But as per
2. The motors will not stop at all, if not an emergency and everything is normal when flying and not in abnormal state?
2021-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules