1671 23 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706739 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I'm really close to buying the M2P but after reading through some of the issues on here (i.e occasional flyaways, lens distortion, soft images) I'm really unsure.

I'm fairly new to drones and it'll be my first DJI drone.  Is it worth waiting for new models, improvements (if they come) etc, or is it worth biting the bullet and going for it?  It looks really good, but when you're spending £1349+ you want to be sure you're making the right decision and not spending over-the-odds for a potentially faulty product.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Game_Of_Drones. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is one of the best done that DJI has to offer. I will be providing you a link where you can check the overview and the specification of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding DJI or the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-1-14
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 08:48
Hello and good day Game_Of_Drones. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for choosing DJI. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is one of the best done that DJI has to offer. I will be providing you a link where you can check the overview and the specification of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding DJI or the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=nav

Hi DJI Stephen,

Thank you for your reply.

I have been looking at the Mavic 2 Pro for a few months now and it looks like a really good drone, I'm just concerned about the few issues that have arisen recently, but I will be sure to have a look at the link.
2019-1-14
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hard to answer this question as resonable arguements could be made both sides - the best way i can think to advise: it appears you are in the northern hemisphere - of the cuff i would suggest you wait a few months when flying conditions will be more sympathic - that will give dji more time to iron out bugs and you may hit a luck with reduced prices on the model you desire. no harm in getting into the manual so long - user error is the greatest risk to a drone - reading the manual will help reduce your risk.
2019-1-14
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 1-14 09:07
hard to answer this question as resonable arguements could be made both sides - the best way i can think to advise: it appears you are in the northern hemisphere - of the cuff i would suggest you wait a few months when flying conditions will be more sympathic - that will give dji more time to iron out bugs and you may hit a luck with reduced prices on the model you desire. no harm in getting into the manual so long - user error is the greatest risk to a drone - reading the manual will help reduce your risk.

Agreed, not the best conditions for flying at the moment! Will have a look at the manual too.

Thanks for the advice Bekaru
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-14 08:59
Hi DJI Stephen,

You are very much welcome Game_Of_Drones. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-14
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

The issues you mention have been reported for all of the Mavic line, at one time or another. That didn't stop me buying a Mavic Pro Platinum over a year ago - and I've had no issues, nor have the 5 other friends I know with Mavic Pros.

Issues only happens to a very small percentage of people, but it seems like more as forums for any product are mostly filled with people who have issues, etc. In fact, I'd argue that most people who are happy with their drone never post here!

Anyway, the important thing is the warranty! so as soon as you get the drone, update it, check everything, record some footage, take a few pics - make sure everything is in order. If not, return it or get a repair/replacement.

2019-1-14
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

theothernt Posted at 1-14 10:12
The issues you mention have been reported for all of the Mavic line, at one time or another. That didn't stop me buying a Mavic Pro Platinum over a year ago - and I've had no issues, nor have the 5 other friends I know with Mavic Pros.

Issues only happens to a very small percentage of people, but it seems like more as forums for any product are mostly filled with people who have issues, etc. In fact, I'd argue that most people who are happy with their drone never post here!

I agree - people will mainly only post with issues, and, considering the hundreds of people have the drone, there are only a few posts flagging up problems.  But I will be sure to check for any faults if I do go ahead with it.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice
2019-1-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-14 10:43
I agree - people will mainly only post with issues, and, considering the hundreds of people have the drone, there are only a few posts flagging up problems.  But I will be sure to check for any faults if I do go ahead with it.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice

I say bite the bullet. As you have mentioned some folks have had issues and some haven’t.
I personally have had no issues, knock on wood so to speak. Overall it’s a great tool for photography and videography. I love my Mavic Pro 2 and I still ocasion fly my original Mavic Pro.
2019-1-14
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 1-14 11:15
I say bite the bullet. As you have mentioned some folks have had issues and some haven’t.
I personally have had no issues, knock on wood so to speak. Overall it’s a great tool for photography and videography. I love my Mavic Pro 2 and I still ocasion fly my original Mavic Pro.

Thanks Visual Air
2019-1-14
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the Mavic 2 Pro for a month, and I had 0 issues so far. I got one, and there were some issues with sensors and range, and DJI replaced it with the one I have now. I've been testing it for a while, and it seems very good and reliable. To avoid flyaways and other issues, you need to be aware of the following:
1- Wind speed (at a certain altitude)  
2- do the Campas and IMU Calibration when required and when you relocate (50+ miles).
3- check the GPS signal and number on the RC and the DJI Go App (I do not take off unless I have 8)

I use UAV Forcast app to help me with that, but it is not always accurate about the wind speed at a given altitude, but it gives you some idea of should you fly or not.

2019-1-14
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-14 08:59
Hi DJI Stephen,

You should know that ALL new drones, future, past, present, WILL come with issues. Even the less than 50 dollars ones, have issues.
Bekaru gives good advise, but when it gets time to buy, you will NOT find any drone, that do not have issues anywhere. Buy what you like, and practice, practice and insure.

Look at it this way, at the moment, you have lots and lots of issues, because you do not have a drone, you are not flying one. That will continue, until you have one, and enjoy it. If you wait for a perfect drone, you will NEVER own one.

Buy, and enjoy.
2019-1-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-15
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hani Posted at 1-14 20:54
I've had the Mavic 2 Pro for a month, and I had 0 issues so far. I got one, and there were some issues with sensors and range, and DJI replaced it with the one I have now. I've been testing it for a while, and it seems very good and reliable. To avoid flyaways and other issues, you need to be aware of the following:
1- Wind speed (at a certain altitude)  
2- do the Campas and IMU Calibration when required and when you relocate (50+ miles).

Thanks for the advice Hani, will keep it in mind
2019-1-15
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 1-15 00:09
You should know that ALL new drones, future, past, present, WILL come with issues. Even the less than 50 dollars ones, have issues.
Bekaru gives good advise, but when it gets time to buy, you will NOT find any drone, that do not have issues anywhere. Buy what you like, and practice, practice and insure.

Thanks Charissa, I see where you're coming from.  I think it'll be a case of waiting until flying conditions improve and then going for it!  Like you say, most new products have faults, I just want to see how current owners feel about it before I go for it.  Thanks for the help!
2019-1-15
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 1-15 00:34
The M2P is nothing short of amazing. The issues you are mentioning aren't spreaded (flyaways) and the lens distortion only happens when you shoot in DLog that is actually a "Pro" video format (you can shoot distortion free in any normal mode).

This new version with the 1" sensor delivers amazing image quality in a very portable package. The range and the flight time are outstanding and the radio system used (Occusync 2.0) makes the connection super reliable. In addition, the anti-collision sensors and the different flying modes make flying very, very safe (not idiot proof).

I have been following DJI since the earliest Phantoms came out and as you say technology advances everyday, and I am really impressed with the M2P so I will probably go for it based off what you and others have said.  Thanks for the help.
2019-1-15
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-15 03:28
Thanks Charissa, I see where you're coming from.  I think it'll be a case of waiting until flying conditions improve and then going for it!  Like you say, most new products have faults, I just want to see how current owners feel about it before I go for it.  Thanks for the help!

I have the Mavic Air and the Mavic Pro 2. Both has some niggles, but not nearly enough to make me not enjoy them.
I would say the MP2 is more stable between the two, but for some reason, I "enjoy" the MA the most. I tend to fly the Air the most............go figure.
Think the Zoom is a awesome proposition as well.
2019-1-15
Use props
kykmavic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Go for MP2! If there are some issues, this is the place where you will read about them. However, there are a lot lot lot of other people with no issue at all, but you will not find them here.
2019-1-15
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-15
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

I would MP2 or MP2 Zoom if I could.... but just got the MP1 and so happy I did.  You can find authorized retailers offering it for $300 to $400 off original price.  I paid $550 new in the box and was a bargain.   Buy it and enjoy it.
2019-1-15
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kykmavic Posted at 1-15 03:43
Go for MP2! If there are some issues, this is the place where you will read about them. However, there are a lot lot lot of other people with no issue at all, but you will not find them here.

Agreed, thanks!
2019-1-15
Use props
Game_Of_Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 1-15 04:23
You're welcome. From your avatar I can't see where you live. If it is in EU, definetely get Occusync (Mavic, M2P, M2 Zoom), WiFi & Wifi Extended (Mavic Air or Spark) don't work well here...

In any case, happy flying!

Currently EU but that might change come March! I've heard a lot of good comments around Occusync, and combined with the image quality, flight time, sensors etc. it'll have to be the M2P.  Glad to hear users are happy with their drones and any issues aren't so detrimental that it's not worth it.  

Appreciate the advice!
2019-1-15
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Game_Of_Drones Posted at 1-15 02:37
Thanks for the advice Hani, will keep it in mind

You're welcome.
2019-1-15
Use props
Drameee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I don't think M2P has a lot of flyaway problems. The Spark does.
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules