Firmware 1.1.9 Phantom 3 Advanced controller Fail to Update
10876 12 2015-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mangoes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75843 ft
Australia

After applying firmware 1.1.9 update to aircraft (success txt), when trying update controller following the enclosed pdf instructions (power off) The controller won't go through the update cycle and the led remains red here is the message written to sd - "==========2015.06.05 12:47:55==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller."

The Phantom 3 is brand new, never flown or powered up prior to firmware update.

When I turn on the controller and then the aircraft(contoller has green connect LED) the camera on the goes through it's cycle BUT the rear boom LED light to 3 and 4 flash red /yellow. The contoller will not move anything including the camera using the controller, the motors won't run AND my android app says that I have not connection. The green binding light on the aircraft is green so I presume that the radio is correctly bound to the aircraft.
What can I do - is there a factory reset to start again, what other tests can I perform to find the issue.

Please help I need the Phantom for business operations.

Steve

2015-6-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

The version 1.1.9 is ONLY for the Phantom 3, the controller will remain on the previous version 1.1.8 and does not need updating ( strange and confusing yeah, I know ).

As for the controller not controlling - After the Phantom's update to 1.1.9 you might well need to pair the craft and controller again ( I know you said it seems done but give it a go ).. Follow the image below or see page 28(ish) if the manual.

linkingremote.png

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also, just thinking ( and this is thinking ).. Before you did the updates did you see what versions it was running? Especially the controller. If that was not on 1.1.8 then this might well be the issue.

Downlaod Firmware 1.1.8 from DJI - http://download.dji-innovations. ... mware_v1.1.8_en.zip - And UPDATE THE CONTROLLER ONLY with it.. I take it from the subject it is an Advanced version

Also, for everyone, its worth having a copy of ALL firmwares saved locally

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-4
Use props
mangoes
lvl.1
Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-5 14:20
Also, just thinking ( and this is thinking ).. Before you did the updates did you see what versions  ...

Thanks Mate  - no I didn't notice I'll give 1.1.8 a try, if it backwards overwrites.
2015-6-4
Use props
mangoes
lvl.1
Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-5 14:20
Also, just thinking ( and this is thinking ).. Before you did the updates did you see what versions  ...

re my previous v 1.1.8 wouldn't write to the controller the USB flash drive adaptor  flashed a few times after I powered up the controller but the front LED remained red. Nothing happened after 5 mins so I guess it won't update.
2015-6-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mmm. What does the TXT file say for the controller update now? can you paste the full contents?
2015-6-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

make sure you are updating the firmware correctly and not thinking its done when its not.. Follow this guide ( delete any existing TXT file from the SDCard first just leaving the firmware .BIN file ). The first part of the video is the Phantom firmware and from 10:15 its the controller

2015-6-4
Use props
ivan.tvrtko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-5 15:38
make sure you are updating the firmware correctly and not thinking its done when its not.. Follow th ...

I saw a bunch of videos like this how to update firmware. And its clear info with txt file on the end.

My question is:
How to check what is firmware inside in drone or remote? I just opened from the box. Maybe its new fw preinstalled ?
2015-6-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ivan.tvrtko@gma Posted at 2015-6-5 19:54
I saw a bunch of videos like this how to update firmware. And its clear info with txt file on the  ...

You can check the firmware from the Pilot App. Settings > General Settings > About
2015-6-5
Use props
dronediver
New

United States

I finally received my Phantom 3 a few days ago and I'm not sure if this is the same case for everyone that recently got theirs but, I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to update my firmware just to find out that the drone had shipped with the most recent firmware release.  I aborted trying to update and hooked up everything/updated IOS app and she started right up and connected with no problems...14 flights later and all is working flawlessly
2015-6-5
Use props
ivan.tvrtko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-5 19:59
You can check the firmware from the Pilot App. Settings > General Settings > About

Great, tnx for this @sploodge.

I pickup mine P3A 5 days ago. Mine P3A have preinstalled FW 1.1.9. No need to update FW.
I think the first step is check what FW you have on your unit, then you need to decide is it necessary to update.
I assume there is people who update without checking first unit firmware...

2015-6-5
Use props
mangoes
lvl.1
Australia

Success! The problem...The Pilot App from Google Play which I installed on my Samsung S3 from Day 1 was v 1.0.1(78mb) The current version from DJI is v1.1.0(120mb) Something so simple that I completely overlooked it, happen to notice the discrepancy while watching a youtube video on...the "DJI Pilot App" while trying to get the Phantom going. Others with problems should check this. All software updates will now be from DJI.

Thanks to all who helped.

Steve aka mangoes
2015-6-6
Use props
stilz
lvl.1

Ghana

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-5 07:38
make sure you are updating the firmware correctly and not thinking its done when its not.. Follow th ...

can i downgrade my P3 Advanced RC from v1.4 to v1.3 or v1.1.9?
How do i go about that ?
2015-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules