6642 69 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uasflightops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me when we will be able to instal pilot app on the New Smart Controller so we can use with Mavic Pro Enterprise Dual?
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. With regards to that as of the moment, we don't have any information yet when it will be added since for now only the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom compatible with the Smart Controller Other aircraft will be supported on the future update.
2019-1-16
Use props
Drameee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

The smart controller supports third-party app, I think you will be able to download it.
2019-1-16
Use props
uasflightops
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't download it no way to do it on the controller like you could with the crystal sky

DJI PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN EMERGENCY SERVICES WILL BUY THESE CONTROLLERS AND THE MPE DUO ITS EASIER AND QUICKER TO DEPLOY!!!!
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

uasflightops Posted at 1-16 11:41
You can't download it no way to do it on the controller like you could with the crystal sky

DJI PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN EMERGENCY SERVICES WILL BUY THESE CONTROLLERS AND THE MPE DUO ITS EASIER AND QUICKER TO DEPLOY!!!!

Hi there, sorry for the late response. The DJI Pilot will be compatible with DJI Smart Controller in the future update, please note the latest progress on our website, thank you!
2019-1-18
Use props
SimonID
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 03:11
Hi there, sorry for the late response. The DJI Pilot will be compatible with DJI Smart Controller in the future update, please note the latest progress on our website, thank you!

A controller almost perfectly designed for an enterprise product and it is not compatible from the start? No date when this will be possible?
You must be joking :-/
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SimonID Posted at 1-19 01:56
A controller almost perfectly designed for an enterprise product and it is not compatible from the start? No date when this will be possible?
You must be joking :-/

Sorry, we do not have the estimated timeframe for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website immedicately. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-20
Use props
uasflightops
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is truly the worst case of DJI missing the mark I have ever experienced!
2019-1-21
Use props
fans71e6fc23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

I have the smart controller and have tried different ways to download pilot app to no avail...once I link with Enterprise it days to use the go app with phantom 4... there is no phantom
4 on the go app...just the go 4 app...which doesn't work with the Enterprise....will have to wait for there future update...how long to wait...right now the crystalsky functions great with it and my iPad mini operates it even better...do where is DJI on this...
2019-1-28
Use props
fans71e6fc23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

I did purchase this for SAR...but will probably return the smart controller...and use what is reliable...
2019-1-28
Use props
Avi Bar
New
Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 1-20 02:42
Sorry, we do not have the estimated timeframe for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website immedicately. Appreciate your support and attention.

Dji have to give time frame for update. When I purchased the smart controller I have been told in two weeks Dji will release new frimeware update , here we are , the update came out and still no support.
In the meantime the activation is working perfectly.... and the warranty is also in a progress...

Dji , please define the future update time frame
2019-2-1
Use props
ANGEL_R32
lvl.1
Spain

Estoy de acuerdo con mis compañeros ,ósea q en la publicidad si ponéis q si es compatibles y ahora veo q pone q en un futuro estará activo ,y la garantía ?? Esa sigue corriendo ?? Como es posible que nos gastemos 3000 euros en un dron  y no funcionen los mejores accesorios ?? No lo entiendo ,deberían de sacar el software Antes de vender el producto ,aparte de que es publicidad engañosa ,que mi empresa tendrá que mirar si es denunciable ,espero una solución pronto ,no es una buena manera de actuar de parte de dji .
2019-2-1
Use props
Wolf T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Avi makes a good point. DJI should extend the warranty, start it when this mythical firmware appears that will allow us M2ED owners to actually use it. If DJI won’t, it really makes sense to simply return the unit and order it again after it can be used.
2019-2-1
Use props
Wolf T
lvl.3
United States

DJI, the last message was really for you. Will you extend the warranty of smart controllers for M2ED owners that can't yet use it? Please reply.
2019-2-3
Use props
Wolf T
lvl.3
United States

Hello? tap tap tap. This thing on?

nothing but crickets...
2019-2-5
Use props
Boggus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2185075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't the YouTube video show in the print that it works with the M2Z and M2P along with the Enterprise units? hmm - waiting on an update.
2019-2-6
Use props
fans0c8afe50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12510 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 03:11
Hi there, sorry for the late response. The DJI Pilot will be compatible with DJI Smart Controller in the future update, please note the latest progress on our website, thank you!

I just updated my smart controller feb8/2019 and I still cant download DJI Pilot app. What else can I try.
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Avi Bar Posted at 2-1 07:25
Dji have to give time frame for update. When I purchased the smart controller I have been told in two weeks Dji will release new frimeware update , here we are , the update came out and still no support.
In the meantime the activation is working perfectly.... and the warranty is also in a progress...

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are working on the update to ensure the user experience, we appreciate your understanding.
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0c8afe50 Posted at 2-8 11:52
I just updated my smart controller feb8/2019 and I still cant download DJI Pilot app. What else can I try.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are working on it, please note our website for the future update.
2019-2-16
Use props
rangemaster728
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72149 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-16 00:46
Sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are working on it, please note our website for the future update.

So it looks like they did NOT answer the question concerning warranty extension...and of course (for us Enterprise customers) there is NOT an Enterprise Shield product for the Smart Controller (yet).

So either return your Smart Controllers ( which are useless right now with your ENTERPRISE birds), then re-purchase when DJI finally updates the SC with the Pilot app ( gee, I’ll  bet THAT  will be a second go-round of backorders because of all the enterprise customers waiting )... or just sit there with your useless controller, watching the warranty tick away and wait for the update but at least you’ll have hardware.
2019-2-18
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

rangemaster728 Posted at 2-18 21:46
So it looks like they did NOT answer the question concerning warranty extension...and of course (for us Enterprise customers) there is NOT an Enterprise Shield product for the Smart Controller (yet).

So either return your Smart Controllers ( which are useless right now with your ENTERPRISE birds), then re-purchase when DJI finally updates the SC with the Pilot app ( gee, I’ll  bet THAT  will be a second go-round of backorders because of all the enterprise customers waiting )... or just sit there with your useless controller, watching the warranty tick away and wait for the update but at least you’ll have hardware.

Returning the RM500 and the ENTERPRISE DUAL is probably the best recourse! I've been jacked in the past by DJI waiting for updates as the warranty trickles away,  not this time!

It's just another half-baked DJI product, plain and simple! I'm sending it all back for a refund and awaiting until something works. Only these guys do this sort of crap! Wait until Tesla finishes the factory over there and tells the new buyers of Tesla's that their battery or car won't function until a "future update." That will get some ramen to hit the fan!

U
2019-2-19
Use props
uasflightops
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI PLEASE ISSUE AN UPDATE REGARDING THIS MAJOR ISSUE
PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS WITH PLEASE LOOK AT OUR WEBSITE FOR UPDATES !

I TRAIN UK POLICE AND FIRE OFFICERS YOU ARE PUSHING PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOUR PRODUCTS AS YOU CAN NOT BE RELIED UPON TO PROVIDE TANGIBLE SUPPORT.
2019-2-28
Use props
TKFlips
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49957 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-16 00:32
Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. Our engineers are working on the update to ensure the user experience, we appreciate your understanding.

How about you ( DJI Susan) telling us the update is ready on this forum instead of us having to hunt on your freakin web site?   
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TKFlips Posted at 3-15 13:24
How about you ( DJI Susan) telling us the update is ready on this forum instead of us having to hunt on your freakin web site?

Once the new firmware is released, we will also make an announcement in Forum, please note, thanks.
2019-3-17
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Susan Posted at 3-17 02:49
Once the new firmware is released, we will also make an announcement in Forum, please note, thanks.

...and 2 months later from the beginning of this thread, the status is the same.

I also fall in the "near future compatibility" campaign... but worse..., I just bought a M2ED and a Smart Controller and on the sale day I left the original M2ED controller in store as a credit to buy the Smart Controller thinking it would work. They sold the controller to somebody else and now I can't fly...
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manolo_1 Posted at 3-19 17:25
...and 2 months later from the beginning of this thread, the status is the same.

I also fall in the "near future compatibility" campaign... but worse..., I just bought a M2ED and a Smart Controller and on the sale day I left the original M2ED controller in store as a credit to buy the Smart Controller thinking it would work. They sold the controller to somebody else and now I can't fly...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I‘ve forwarded to our engineers to check the exact status, and will keep following up.
2019-3-20
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Susan Posted at 3-20 19:27
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I‘ve forwarded to our engineers to check the exact status, and will keep following up.

Hi Susan. It's been 10 days since you forwarded this to engineering.  I still cannot fly my new drone...

What did they answered?
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manolo_1 Posted at 3-29 17:24
Hi Susan. It's been 10 days since you forwarded this to engineering.  I still cannot fly my new drone...

What did they answered?

Sorry, I have pushed the team again, but have not received any update for now. You may fly with a mobile device first. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-31
Use props
fansa0342416
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-31 23:18
Sorry, I have pushed the team again, but have not received any update for now. You may fly with a mobile device first. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This discussion is very unproductive to say the least.  To find information, on one hand you reference checking the website.  I have yet to easily find anything related to firmware upgrades using your website and the navigation.

Secondly, someone decided that the smart controller WOULD support the M2E products and included it in the intro video as well as other collateral.  Someone had some sort of a timeline in mind when those details were included.

It's unacceptable from a customer perspective to expect us to take time from our busy days to keep checking your website or these forums for information.  NO INFORMATION means that you're leaving us each to make our own determination what the REAL story is.  This means we're all telling folks NOT to buy your equipment, and if they are checking forums in advance of a purchase, they see these dialogs and no doubt may decide NOT to purchase anything as a result.

If your R&D team cannot provide an actual availability date, then how about a definitive date when to issue the next update?  It's hard to imagine that something which is software driven, uses a controller that's essentially a smartphone, and there are already apps you have that work on similar hardware  -- that you cannot provide at least a date when you'll know more.

This is a pretty expensive item for governmental and other public service agencies to justify a purchase based on a "future state" with no committed delivery date(s), and no routine status updates as well.  We expect to buy what we can immediately leverage for the community -- business purchasers are no different.

In short, lack of commitment and lack of usable information means you are losing revenue every day that you sit in silence on this issue.  Go out on a limb, talk to a superior to get "REAL" data, and share it.  We won't wait forever on this.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa0342416 Posted at 4-2 09:28
This discussion is very unproductive to say the least.  To find information, on one hand you reference checking the website.  I have yet to easily find anything related to firmware upgrades using your website and the navigation.

Secondly, someone decided that the smart controller WOULD support the M2E products and included it in the intro video as well as other collateral.  Someone had some sort of a timeline in mind when those details were included.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I just got an update from the team that the new version is estimated to release around next week if everything works well. We'll keep following up and update.
2019-4-3
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 01:45
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I just got an update from the team that the new version is estimated to release around next week if everything works well. We'll keep following up and update.

Thanks you for the update and I'll be looking anxiously to hear more.
2019-4-8
Use props
G65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173615 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 01:45

Would you be able to provide a link to the website where an update regarding Smart Controller software  for DJI Pilot will be available?
2019-4-8
Use props
G65
lvl.1
United States

G65 Posted at 4-8 07:17
Would you be able to provide a link to the website where an update regarding Smart Controller software  for DJI Pilot will be available?

Is the DJI Pilot for Smart Controller still on target for this week?
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

G65 Posted at 4-8 07:17

Some new features will be added in the release note, you may keep an eye on it:
https://www.dji.com/smart-controller/info#downloads
2019-4-8
Use props
Sgt. McCorkle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2632743 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd still very much like to know a date that my M2ED will work with my smart controller. I'll be following this thread in hopes for some good news by the end of the week. Thanks.
2019-4-10
Use props
G65
lvl.1
United States

It's "next week", any news on updates on smart controller vs Mavic Dual?
2019-4-11
Use props
Manolo_1
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Susan Posted at 4-8 23:26
Some new features will be added in the release note, you may keep an eye on it:
https://www.dji.com/smart-controller/info#downloads

Hi. Any news?  Thanks
2019-4-11
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

...more DJI crickets!

The work week is already over in China, so what is the explanation now?.. Rule of thumb DJI.. Don't say or depict that something is actually compatible with one another, then drag your heels in providing what you've already advertised. It makes the free world consumers laugh at your abilities or attempts, China is known for junk and you're all waiving the torch called DJI.

Over n' out!

U
2019-4-12
Use props
fans4edc0284
New

United States

Amazing, my DJI Smart Controller paperweight is getting old. WHEN WILL IT SUPPORT MAVE 2 ENTERPRISE!?!

I am about to just sell all my DJI products!
2019-4-14
Use props
gagu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1215010 ft
Germany

Now there is a new DJI Pilot version for Android. Are there any news about the support of SMART CONTROLLER? It is hard to read the release notes for me because they are Chinese...
2019-4-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules