742 9 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Term_in_NY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1975 ft
United States

Yes another battery question.
I have been flying with just one battery.
I do have the fly more kit.
My question is , should I be rotating all my batteries?
Or should I just leave the 2 batteries sit and stay in storage.
It's  winter here and has been very cold , so I have had only the need for using the one battery.

Thanks in advanced.
2019-1-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be best to always rotate your batteries (no matter the time of year). That way they can wear evenly and some won't be sitting for long periods of time without use.

Check out this article for tips on storing your Mavic batteries:
HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries
2019-1-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes,   rotate the batteries.

1 batt with 100 charges??   Or 3 batts with 33 charges.......  I do the latter......

Randy
2019-1-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

no sense of just leaving the batteries in storage, they have a finite life.  i would rotate through them as evenly as possible to reduce wear and increase overall life span.

as for winter, dont worry about it, just dont let the batteries freeze..keep them inside or in your jacket if your going to fly them.. and when you go flying before you leave for takeoff, make sure the battery is at least 15C (60F). you can check this by tapping battery icon in the app.. if its below 15C you can hover in place until the temperature gets 20C and then enjoy your flight
2019-1-16
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I agree, rotate, also if they are new batteries, then it helps get them through the break-in process.  One thing I never do is slap the battery on the charger as soon as I take it off the craft, no matter how many batteries I have.  I feel it is better to let the battery cool down quite a bit, or better a day at least before the next charge.  But then I'm new to the hobby
2019-1-16
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

If you label your batteries it makes it easy to keep track of them.
I use '1,2,3 etc' and use them in that sequence.
2019-1-16
Use props
Drameee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

If you have them, then use them.
2019-1-16
Use props
Term_in_NY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1975 ft
United States

Thank you everyone..
I will rotate them then. Just wanted to do what was better for maximum battery life , esp considering the cost of these batteries.
I have numbered them already , so I could keep them sorted.

Once again , thank you and happy flying.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Term_in_NY. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting a DJI link where you can use to check on how to maintain your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and it's battery. I hope this information can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/?from=forum
2019-1-17
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes! I would recommend a least trying to rotate through all batteries, such as numbering them and using them sequentially. Its better than leaving them in storage for long periods of time, which is not good for lithium
2019-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules