Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

[media=x,970,580][/media]

2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for posting this beautiful shot captured from your DJI Osmo Pocket. You did a great work. Congratulations.
2019-1-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-17 14:49
Hi and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for posting this beautiful shot captured from your DJI Osmo Pocket. You did a great work. Congratulations.

Click the shot and it's a video :-)
2019-1-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

cgbrian.com Posted at 1-17 14:59
Thank you for this info! I was like nice picture but I expected a bit more for a few days lol.. Cool video! My only suggestion (if you were even looking for one) is to slow down some of your footage (providing its taken at 60fps).. some of what you have can be even more cinematic! Either way thank you for sharing!

All comments appreciated.
Really though this was a 'What can this thing do?' type of first few days. Most of the Leeds Castle section was taken with my hand by my side at hip level and generally pointing with no real aiming. The only three things I paid any attention to were the 'crabbing walk', the short timelapse and the 3x3 panoramas. Wait until I can cover an event to see what I can come up with.

What I do like in order is.

The lack of weight.
Even if I take some extras to go with the Pocket it is a much easier time on my arms and back than lugging lots of gear around.

Ease of use.
Once you get used to swiping screens it's cinch and quite fast. No worrying about pendulum swing but I've got to practice my walking.

Lack of presence.
Really, no-one takes any notice of it......yet.

Picture and video quality.
Gobsmacked for a sensor of this size. I know people want Cini-like and possibly need it but I don't see this as a Pro tool although it does a great job for the price.

Believe it or not, sound.
For a background soundtrack, it's quite good in most situations on its own. It's also very good (so far) on its automatic volume control. I've yet to hear it clip a sound. Yes, it lacks bass in most situations but I think that with an external microphone things will get better in that department. It's just a lack of surface area on a small mic that makes for a bad low end.

General versatility.
OK. For some of it, you need a phone that works with it. If I was JDI I would be pleased with myself. Registering it is a stroke of genius on their part. If you can't use one without registering them, stealing shipments of them becomes more awkward. Theft may even become traceable. It's what I would do if I could in their shoes. They couldn't update them either.

DNG.
I just wish we had it with the time-lapse mode as well.

Recharge time with a portable unit.
Really it only takes as long as it takes for me to have a decent lunch.

It opens up the imagination of what I can do that's new to me.

Things I'm not so happy about.

No micro USB dongle.
I researched this before I bought it and apart from the issue of the connector and I can't import 60fps 4k onto the phone, everything else works flawlessly with my phone which surprised me as my screen is only 1920x1080p.
That makes a long time lapses almost impossible for me. I can't charge the Pocket and use the phone screen at the same time.

Screen tilt control.
Is on the wrong side for left-handed people like myself. My thumb then obscures the screen. I am getting used to using it right handed though.

No DNG files without connecting to a phone.

Surely a simple double sided clip can be made to keep the phone and pocket together and aligned to keep the combined unit small and easy to handle in safety.
2019-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job certainly for your fist outing, music compliments your video thanks for sharing.

2019-1-17
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I am unable to ninja walk as I have a bad knee.  I ordered a z-axis stabilizer that will fit the OP.  Looking forward to trying that since I can't ninja walk well.  I realize it takes away from the whole point of it having a small device foot print.  I am fine with that. I will use it when I want, and I won't when I don't want to.  
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules