Facetracking
9118 9 2019-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Janpla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67861 ft
United States

Is there a way to turn off the automatic facetracking feature when you flip into selfie mode with the osmo pocket?

Edit: to clarify, i understand you can tap to break the track, but i want to know if theres a setting that you can toggle the facetracking from automatically starting when you flip
2019-1-18
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

I would like to see this option too. I think options like this are not implemented because it is more difficult to make the UI elements to change the options than to make the option work itself. I wouldn't mind if an option could be configured by editing an internal configuration file inside the SD card or something if this helps for advanced options like this to be implemented.
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off FaceTrack when in Selfie Mode. FaceTrack is enabled automatically if a face is detected in Selfie mode. FaceTrack captures every move of your face. No worries, I can definitely forward this suggestion to our R&D department for future request. If you have further concern, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_OkfYBr1d6nmq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5699 ft
United Kingdom

This would be useful because sometimes you want to have the camera facing away from you in selfie mode to ensure the microphones are facing the subject, especially if there's noise behind you that you want to avoid.

When used like that it would also help to have an option in the Mimo app to stop the display reversing (flipping left to right).
2019-1-20
Use props
Muz Muskett
New

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-18 10:40
Hi, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off FaceTrack when in Selfie Mode. FaceTrack is enabled automatically if a face is detected in Selfie mode. FaceTrack captures every move of your face. No worries, I can definitely forward this suggestion to our R&D department for future request. If you have further concern, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

wait so selfie mode is when the head is flipped to face the user? why? this is comoletely disappointing, it renders my osmo useless. ive made seven short films without any probs and then after an update i get a camer i cant use. PLEASE urgently fix this. ive just arrived at an event to discover i cant vlog, a loyal user and promoter of dji products to everyone who shows an interest, i am truly surprised at this oversight.
2019-5-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Muz Muskett Posted at 5-18 02:35
wait so selfie mode is when the head is flipped to face the user? why? this is comoletely disappointing, it renders my osmo useless. ive made seven short films without any probs and then after an update i get a camer i cant use. PLEASE urgently fix this. ive just arrived at an event to discover i cant vlog, a loyal user and promoter of dji products to everyone who shows an interest, i am truly surprised at this oversight.

I don't understand you - there has been no change.  Someone is asking for an option to disable face tracking, which has always been automatic.  If the change is made in accordance with the request, it would be an option you could choose or not.
2019-5-18
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Actually you can disable the face tracking by point the screen to a place where is no face, for example put your camera at lower level so it can only capture below your mouth. I have many times intent to track my face but when the gimbo turn around it only see my mouth and can not regnize a face. Once the camera dosent catch your face it will never active the face tracking even you put your face back, If you really want this function you should practise this trick I told you. Hoever it will be fixed as a bug in future update, you see?
2019-5-18
Use props
Geoffrey Ng
New

I have the same problem. In my case, I just want to include my girl friend and me in selfie mode. But I found it can face tracking to me only, so I always get a half of my girl friend face in my shot.
2019-9-2
Use props
BlueLeader
lvl.1

Having done my most recent holiday with friends this was extremely frustrating. Either the camera would track the wrong person or just mess up its direction entirely - it’s tricky to second guess if people are in shot or not if you’re trying to have a conversation and you don’t want to plug your phone in to check.

Please make this optional.
2019-9-19
Use props
Slaughter.
lvl.1

Australia

BlueLeader Posted at 2019-9-19 00:34
Having done my most recent holiday with friends this was extremely frustrating. Either the camera would track the wrong person or just mess up its direction entirely - it’s tricky to second guess if people are in shot or not if you’re trying to have a conversation and you don’t want to plug your phone in to check.

Please make this optional.

(not replying to previous post but this reply option was the only one I could use. See attached screenshot to see what happens when you hit the main "reply" button.  DJI please fix your forum)

May be a dumb question, but - remind me why face tracking is *only* available in selfie mode?  Why can't you face track, say, *an interview subject*?

2022-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules