2912 21 2019-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Good day to you all,

I'm saving my coins as i'm a humble poor man! Obviously saving for the pro 2.... And my question is as follows. Are there still teething problems, any one having any problems at all? I can't remember exactly but remember hearing there was some kind of issue with the camera on launch.

Let me know.

Thanks alot

Will

www.instragram.com/wildwillgreen/

2019-1-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Mine has no problems. Stable, reliable and the camera works precisely as advertised. A quick search would tell you what functions that was promised, is still missing (way-points on normal flying etc) but honestly, I have had no need for any of the "missing" things so far.
Would have loved to turn off phone charging (android) but that is software.
Best buy at the moment.
2019-1-23
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Have no problems at all with my Mavic 2s both Pro and Zoom.
2019-1-23
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I think the "problems" with the camera, were customer expectation vs reality and not to do with the camera itself. The only ongoing issue seems to be with some customers and the 20mp area of the main sony sensor.
2019-1-23
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

The only problem is that there are distortions when shooting 4k 10bit video on M2P.
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

IcannotThinkOfAName Posted at 1-23 05:35
The only problem is that there are distortions when shooting 4k 10bit video on M2P.

hmmm ok thanks mate
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 1-23 03:14
Mine has no problems. Stable, reliable and the camera works precisely as advertised. A quick search would tell you what functions that was promised, is still missing (way-points on normal flying etc) but honestly, I have had no need for any of the "missing" things so far.
Would have loved to turn off phone charging (android) but that is software.
Best buy at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
This is pleasing news. I don't use waypoints really so thats not too big of an issue.... Oh no i hate that phone charge issue the spark had similar issue but there was a work around so hopefully the same will apply to the mavic.
Few months i will be purchasing for sure
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz Posted at 1-23 04:44
Have no problems at all with my Mavic 2s both Pro and Zoom.

Awesome thanks
2019-1-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2019-1-23
Use props
Nboost
lvl.1

United States

I’m in the same boat as you. I’m just trying to decide if I want the smart controller or not. It’s a little cheaper if you purchase as a package.
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 1-23 07:37
The D-Log 10Bit H.254 profile has a 100Mbps bitrate. The M2P simply doesn't have the horsepower to correct distortion 'in-camera'. As i've already mentioned, my new Nikon Z can shoot 100Mbps Log and needs to use an external recorder like the Atomos Ninja to do so. Asking a little drone to perform such task is a little too much IMO.

In addition, D-Log is a flat profile, meaning it is mainly addressed to users that will like to grade their footage. Fixing distortion in post takes 2mn. All other picture profiles (Normal) work great and have no distortion.

Thank you for that technical info, really appreciate that. TBH i'll be doing a lot more photo work than video as sadly, my current laptop will struggle a bit editing 4k footage.
Much appreciated bud
2019-1-23
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nboost Posted at 1-23 08:00
I’m in the same boat as you. I’m just trying to decide if I want the smart controller or not. It’s a little cheaper if you purchase as a package.

I'm not trying to decide on the smart controller just the mavic 2, i'd love one of those too but £600 or even at £400 its too far out of my price range!
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I'm sure our valued customers could share the experienced of having the Mavic 2 Pro with you. Hopefully, you will have your own as soon as possible. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-23
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144190 ft
South Africa

I had mine for 28 days and flew about two dozen flights with no issues before one day the RC and MP2 didn't want to connect anymore.

Both the local DJI agents/official retailer and the regional office of said retailer could not get the MP2 and RC to bind (link) again.

Long story short, it's on the way back to China for "repairs" - it should be there within the next week.

One common issue encountered by many owners seems to be difficulty updating firmware (the app success rate being much lower than the DJI Assistance 2 software - but you will find complaints on both failing).

Long version here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-176819-1-1.html
2019-1-23
Use props
karlp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144190 ft
South Africa

I get that my case might be an isolated one, but I'll form my opinion on DJI's after-sales support within the next week or so.

Other than that - there have been some complaints about picture quality / horizon distortion (as mentioned above, probably some unrealistic expectation vs reality cases - or possibly an expectation on DJI's part that users will correct those kinds of things in post)

I've also seen some complaints about altitude loss over water - those are mostly due to user issues/not checking things before taking off etc.

When these things don't happen, the MP2 is quite a pleasure to fly.
2019-1-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2019-1-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2019-1-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Highly recommend it - yet to experience a single glitch in any regard. Easily the most flawless drone I have owned to date.
That said, I have seen a video on YT from Dylan on iKopta who calibrated the VPS and OA on Assistant 2 and the drone experienced glitches afterward and actually landed itself mid flight beyond his control. He thankfully got the drone and shipped it back to DJI. So do not calibrate the vision system in Assistant 2 if you get one (not that you should need to anyway) as others commented on that vid that they experienced similar issues.  
2019-1-24
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 1-23 23:56
I would not get the (expensive) controller unless DJI ensure that it will be backwards compatible when Occusync 3.0 is available (2-3 years down the road). I change my iPhone every 2 years and I get the newest and better device. With the new controller you will be stuck with a nice paper weight...

Yeah very true sir, only so much a software update can do right!
2019-1-24
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-24 00:38
Highly recommend it - yet to experience a single glitch in any regard. Easily the most flawless drone I have owned to date.
That said, I have seen a video on YT from Dylan on iKopta who calibrated the VPS and OA on Assistant 2 and the drone experienced glitches afterward and actually landed itself mid flight beyond his control. He thankfully got the drone and shipped it back to DJI. So do not calibrate the vision system in Assistant 2 if you get one (not that you should need to anyway) as others commented on that vid that they experienced similar issues.

Nice one mate and no way would i go and do that kind of craziness for sure!!
2019-1-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 1-24 02:10
Nice one mate and no way would i go and do that kind of craziness for sure!!

Calibrating the OA is generally OK but best to do it when the app tells you rather than because you are simply bored LOL (as in Dylan's case). Hopefully DJI will fix that although it may just be a handful of drones that are affected but I'm not going to take any chances. Calibrating the IMU, gimbal, remote controller and compass are all fine and recommended before your very first flight.
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules