Dji Phantom 3 Pro/Adv Good USB iOS lightning & Type C Cable Options
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robzta
lvl.2
Australia

Hello there Phantom 3 Pro/Adv flyers, I have been trying out many different types of USB cable options to sync my iPad Mini 2, my iPad Air 2 & my Android Samsung Galaxy S5 with my Dji Phantom 3 advanced remote controller, I wanted to find the perfect cable, I wanted a cable that would do the job & also look great with my transmitter at the same time, I also wanted 90 degree right angles on both ends of the cable, I have had mixed results & good results, so I wanted to share these options with the rest of the phantom community.

1) The first USB cable I tried was this 30cm cable, it comes in iOS (Apple), Micro USB (Android) & type C, this cable is by far the most popular on ebay, many different eBay stores sell them, it has sold thousands so naturally it was my first choice, they are advertised as Dji compatible so I purchased both the iOS version for my iPad Mini 2, my Ipad Air 2 & the Android version for my Samsung Galaxy S5, I had mixed results, I kept getting disconected & I didn't know why, I noticed that every cable that I would connect to my transmitter no matter what brand it was would always fit a bit loose on the transmitter's USB port but that seems to be the norm for almost every USB cable & port, I didn't know it at the time but every time the cable would move slightly while plugged into the transmitter's USB port I would always loose the camera live feed on my devices, the connection would not recover, even when I would shutdown & restart the Dji go app again & again, the live feed would only recover when I turned the transmitter off & on again, but I wasn't about to attempt to do that while in mid flight, at this point I wasn't sure if maybe the large amount of data going through the cable was responsible for the loss of the connection, maybe it couldn't handle it data or if maybe the slight cable movements were to blame or if it was a design flaw, either way I stopped using it as I could not trust it, especially for flights where I would need to see the live feed to navigate my way through obstacles or if for some reason I lose sight of the drone & I need to find my way back by using the live feed, I tried looking for some info on this type of problem but at the time I did not find much, in spite of my results I don't want to discourage people from buying this cable, it's great for charging all my apple devices & connecting my ipad's & iPod's to my car, I still use it to sync my iPad to my laptop but I just couldn't recommend it for use with the Dji Phantom 3 Remote Controller.  If anybody else has noticed the same problem with these cables please I would love to know about it.

30cm For DJI Mavic 2 Pro Phantom 3/4 Inspire USB Cable Cord Android/Type-C/iPhone

eBay: 30cm For DJI Mavic 2 Pro Phantom 3/4 Inspire USB Cable Cord Android/Type-C/iPhone

eBay: 30cm For DJI Mavic 2 Pro Phantom Inspire USB Cable Cord Android/Type-C/iPhone

eBay 30cm USB iOS Cable 01.jpg
eBay 30cm USB iOS Cable 02.jpg

2) My second choice was this 30cm double sided cable from Aliexpress, it is braided for extra strength & it has 90 degree right angles on both connector ends of the cable, it comes in iOS (Apple), Micro USB (Android) & type C, I purchased this cable from an eBay seller but they sent me the wrong cable & when I informed them of their mistake they wouldn't send me another so I got a refund & I had to purchase a new one from another seller on Aliexpress, I really like this cable, I think it's pretty cool & I was hoping that the double sided design of it would give an advantage over normal cables, right away I could tell that this cable worked much better than my first choice & the transmitter end fit quite well, it fit very snug on the USB port & because of the snug fit it made it a bit harder to move around on the transmitter's USB port, when I tested it I had a more stable connection but still whenever I tried to move it on purpose from side to side it would disconnect the camera live feed to my iPad Mini 2 & my iPad Air 2, I also had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S5 & the Android version of this cable, although it was better than the first cable I purchased I still wouldn't trust it on my $1000 dollar Phantom, even though this cable didn't work out I still use it for many other things but I cannot recommend it for use with the Dji Phantom 3 remote controller.

0.3/1/2/3M 90 Degree Dual-Side-USB Cable 2A Fast Charger For Samsung S9 S8 For iPhone 8 7 For Oneplus 6 5 Type-C/IOS Cable

eBay: 0.3M/1M/2M/3M 90 Degree Dual-Side-USB Type-C/IOS Data Charger Cable Fast Charge

Double Sided Cable 01.jpg     Double Sided Cable 02.jpg

3) My third choice was this Tiegem 30cm cable, it is braided for extra strenth & it has 90 degree right angles at both connector ends of the cable, it comes in black & white & only in Lightning iOS (Apple).  
I had high hopes for this cable, I loved how great it looked on my transmitter & they both matched in colour, Originally I wanted to install the cable facing to the right side instead of the left but when I received the cable I noticed that it was facing to the left, luckily the iPad's have a setting that allows the screen to be tilted in any direction you want, to tilt the screen go into "settings", "general" & set the "use side switch to" to "Mute".  
I was happy with this cables performance at first, my furthest flight with this cable had been 1.5 km & I had not been disconected, but then while I was indoors I was playing around with my settings when I moved the cable USB-A end slightly & I lost the live feed, this is when I discovered for the first time that any movement caused to the cable would disconnect the live camera feed, I tested it again & again with all the previous cables I had acucmulated & every single one would disconnect right away as soon as I moved it, I was not happy & I was beginning to believe that maybe it was not the cables that were faulty but that something must be wrong with my transmitter's USB connector, so my next plan was to open up the transmitter & the USB bay to check & see if there's was something loose in there, when I openned it up there was nothing out of place, everything looked fine, I checked everything & I unattached & re-attached all the ribbon cables checked all the solder joints but I found nothing, at this point I was getting very, very frustrated & I was contemplating purchasing a new transmitter USB board but I had one more trick up my sleeve, I had a plan B, my next plan was to purchase a genuine Dji Phantom 3 advanced USB Lightning cable so that's exactly what I did, it cost me $50 bucks but I was willing to try anything at this point, scroll down below for the Dji Lightning cable review.
Please!!! upvote my reviews if you found them helpful

Tiegem 90 Degree USB Lightning Fast Charging Cord 2A Data Sync Cable For Apple

30cm Tiegen Cable

30cm Tiegen Cable
Dji RC + Tiegem Cable + iPad Mini - 05.jpg
Dji RC + Tiegem Cable + iPad Mini - 04.jpg
Dji RC + Tiegem Cable + iPad Mini - 07a.jpg
Dji RC + Tiegem Cable + iPad Mini - 06a.jpg
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate for sharing some tips that will may other, well done. Cheers!
2019-1-23
Use props
Robzta
lvl.2
Australia

If you don't want to use a third party USB cable then the obvious choice for you would be the 26cm Dji RC USB cable, it has been tested & it's reliable, it comes in iOS, Micro USB & Type-C, it has a right angled connector on the iOS side & it comes only in the colour white, the Dji RC cable is specifically designed & made for Dji products, it is compatible with the Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 Pro/Avd, Inspire Series, Matrice 100, Matrice 200, Matrice 600 & Lightbridge 2.

4) The Dji RC Lightning to USB cable was going to be my first choice but I taught myself out of buying it because I thought it was too expensive at the time, I don't know why Dji doesn't include this cable with every Phantom 3 Pro & Adv purchase, just one USB lightning cable cost's $50 AUS dollars from the official Dji store (that's with $20 post included) the Micro USB & type-C cable versions are much cheaper $32 & $27 (with $20 post included), in the beginning I wanted to find a third party fast data cable with right angled connectors on both ends, but after experiencing connection problems & going through so many different cables I finally decided to purcgase a genuine Dji RC Lightning to USB cable which was going to be my first choice anyway before I taught myself out of it on acount of the price, as soon as I got it I tested it on my iPad Mini 2 & my iPad Air 2 & I discovered that there was nothing wrong with my remote controller all along, after all those cables it turned out that my connection problems were not due to faulty wiring or faulty equipment, my connection problems were due to buying Sh*tty cheap cables, I always assumed that cables would perform in more or less the same way as long as they have the right specifications but obviously they do not, the Dji RC cable worked flawlessly, I had no connection problems at all, even when I moved the USB-A end from side to side on purpose to see what would happen but the live camera feed did not cut out on me, I was so happy & now I can finally fly my Phantom 3 Advanced again without worrying about whether I'm going to lose connection while in mid air, I think the problem arises because some cables are fast data cables & some are  fast power charging cables & most people selling them don't know that there's a difference so they are advertised as both but they're either one or the other, the Dji cables are fast data cables that maintain a higher degree of power than regular cables, that's what keeps the connection from cutting out during operation, I guess you live & you learn & at least now you won't have to, remember you always get what you pay for, if something says that it's Dji compatible it doesn't automatically mean that it's going to be Dji quality, if you have a thousand dollar drone treat it as such, if you're in doubt just move about the USB-A end side to side slightly while in operation & if you loose connection you got a problem.

Dji RC USB Cables: https://store.dji.com/product/rc-cable?vid=21681

Dji Lightning to USB: https://store.dji.com/au/product/rc-cable?vid=21681

Dji Lightning to USB eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Inspire-2-Part-23-C1-Remote-Controller-Lightning-to-USB-Cable/223590933121?hash=item340f0ee281:g:wEUAAOSwcyNdL5Gp

Dji Type-C: https://store.dji.com/au/product/rc-cable?vid=21661

Dji Micro USB: https://store.dji.com/au/product/rc-cable?vid=21671

Dji Micro USB eBay : https://www.ebay.com/c/703680512

Dji RC Cable (Lightning to USB)

Dji RC Lightning to USB cable

Dji RC Lightning to USB cable

Dji RC cable 02 Type-C.jpg
Dji RC cable 03 Micro USB.jpg
2019-1-25
Use props
Robzta
lvl.2
Australia

5) This next cable comes in the box with the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv, it's specifically designed & made for Dji products, it's a micro USB to USB-A cable, it's 57cm in length & it's white in colour, it can be used to sync the phantom 3 to a laptop or a computer in order to update the firmware or to upload & download files to and from the SD card, it can be used to charge the Remote Controller & it can also be used to connect the Remote Controller to an Android phone or tablet, it can also be used to update the Remote Controller firmware.

I don't know why but once I began buying other USB cable alternatives I completely forgot about this cable, I think it was because my Android Samsung Galaxy S5 was not my primary choice for FPV, whenever I flew my phantom my ipads were my primary choice because the iPad screens are much bigger.
In the beginning I was not using this cable to connect the RC to my Andiod phone, I was only using it to sync with the Phantom's SD card & also as a charging cable but after testing it with my Android phone it performed really well & just like the genuine Dji RC USB Cable it did not loose the live camera feed when I shook the cable about, this cable performed just as well as my Dji RC USB Lightning Cable, the only difference between the two is the thickness & the length, I recommend this cable to all Android users, it has been tested & it's reliable, unfortunately this cable is not sold separately & can not be purchased from the Dji store, if your Phantom didn't come with one or you don't have one, then your alternative option is to purchase a Dji RC Micro USB cable from eBay or the Dji store (link below), it's much cheaper than the iOS Lightning version.

https://www.ebay.com/c/703680512

Dji Phantom 3 Micro USB to USB-A Charging Cable

Dji Phantom 3 Micro USB Charging Cable 01.jpg
2019-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The regular cords work just fine... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-6-6
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

RedHotPoker Posted at 2019-6-6 20:12
The regular cords work just fine... ;-)

My Dear Friend ...!! Rest In peace mate , missing you everyday
2020-7-28
Use props
Robzta
lvl.2
Australia

6) This next option is not a cable but it worked flawlessly for me, and it's the cheapest option if you aready have the micro USB cable that came with your phantom 3, it's an Apple IOS Lightning to Micro USB Adapter for iPhone's & iPad's, just connect it the adapter to your micro USB cable, it's worked really well, I did maintained the live connection while I was using it, I did not notice any difference or lag, it worked just as well as when I was using my genuine DJI IOS lighning cable, I recommend this adapter if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a genuine DJI cable, you don't have to buy the one in the link below, you can find your own adapter but I would recommend sticking with genuine Apple adapters because they are good quality, some third party adapters may not be compatible with your setup, also I guess you could purchase a micro USB to Type-C adapter, I myself don't have any Type-C devices so I cannot test one, but I will include a link below where you can purchase one.

Genuine Apple Lightning to Micro USB Adapter eBay Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Apple-Lightning-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-for-iPhone-iPad-iTouch/233306653798?epid=0&hash=item3652290466:g:-8wAAMXQlgtS38cb

Micro USB to Type-C Adapter eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=micro+usb+to+Type-C+adapter&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=dji+micro+usb+to+Type-C+adapter

Genuine Apple Lightning to Micro USB Adapter

Micro USB to Type-C Adapter

Micro USB to Type-C Adapter
2020-9-27
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good to know!
2021-1-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Flippin heck, that's a whole load of research just for a USB cable.
I'm sure the controller/ devise don't really give a damn
2021-1-30
Use props
MediaSock
lvl.2
Australia

cheddar-man Posted at 1-30 08:01
Flippin heck, that's a whole load of research just for a USB cable.
I'm sure the controller/ devise don't really give a damn

I know, but somebody has to do it so the rest of us don't have to.
2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules