Avoidance System
559 8 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_THLduk5iYRfY
lvl.1
United States

Hey Guys!

I was flying my spark today with the wind at about 5 mph and several times the avoidance system would actvate and stop the drone inflight.  When this would occur there would not be any objects closer than 50' and the drone could be 150'in the air down to 6' above the ground.  why would this happen?  The wind?
2019-1-25
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Were you headed back into the sun???  The sun often equates to an obstacle...if that happens, do a 180 and fly backwards to your location.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_THLduk5iYRfY
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 1-25 17:28
Were you headed back into the sun???  The sun often equates to an obstacle...if that happens, do a 180 and fly backwards to your location.

I did notice it happened more when I was northeast, but it did occur in all directions.
2019-1-25
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Strange there might be an issue with you captor. Have you tried flying it again somewhere else? If that keeps happening definitely check the captor.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_THLduk5iYRfY
lvl.1
United States

darkfull1 Posted at 1-25 20:45
Strange there might be an issue with you captor. Have you tried flying it again somewhere else? If that keeps happening definitely check the captor.

What is the captor?  I am also using the rotor protectors on my spark, would that cause that problem? Thanks!
2019-1-26
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

djiuser_THLduk5iYRfY Posted at 1-26 06:18
What is the captor?  I am also using the rotor protectors on my spark, would that cause that problem? Thanks!

Darkfull1 probably means your Spark.  I've had the issue with the sun.  Is it just a momentary stop or more like can do nothing to move farther in that direction?
2019-1-26
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I've had the same issue with snowfall. It detected snowflakes as an obsticle and did stop constantly during the whole flight.
2019-1-26
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I think I've heard before that if you put the prop guards on backwards, you might get an obstacle warning.
2019-1-26
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

No, I don’t think the wind would cause that. I was flying in the direction of the sun today to see what it would do. It avoidance warning did not enable. Have you had a chance to fly again and did it happen again ? Did it just start doing this or has it always done this ? Have you ever had a crash ?
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules