2460 3 2019-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HOTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 481207 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm a professional Software Engineer looking at the DJI Windows 10 SDK, intending to program a specific app using Xamarin.UWP (Windows 10).

Is there a recommended Windows 10 Tablet that can be used in the Mavic 2 Controller to support Windows 10 programs that utilise the DJI Windows 10 SDK.

Kind regards,

Anthony
2019-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Anthony. Thank you for raising this inquiry. We would suggest using a mobile device / tablet that is recommended for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and for reliability purposes. For reference let me post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2019-1-26
Use props
HOTN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 07:22
Hello and good day Anthony. Thank you for raising this inquiry. We would suggest using a mobile device / tablet that is recommended for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and for reliability purposes. For reference let me post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for your reply.

However my original question was not about the iOS Mobile SDK, nor was it about the Android Mobile SDK, and yet you have made recommendations about iOS and Android Hardware. That would be reasonable if I was using either of those SDKs, however I am using the Windows 10 SDK.

My original question is about the Windows 10 SDK that you offer, hence to properly utilise the Windows 10 SDK, I'd need to utilise Windows 10 Hardware.

Is it that DJI offers a Windows 10 SDK but does not recommended any specific hardware that Windows 10 will run on? This would of course be reasonable, as there is such a wide range of hardware, however I do request that you clarify this.

My company is investing in resources to utilise the Windows 10 SDK so recommendations about Apple and Android Hardware are of little use to us.

Kind regards!
2019-3-25
Use props
Xamtasia
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-26 07:22

[view_image]

Just some polite feedback, we were writing search and rescue software fro DJI drones but because you have not answered this question, nor have questions like it been satisfactorily answered, we have decided to go open-source and cease developing software for DJI drones.

It's a shame, we had such hope for DJI products, but not only are your products 'closed-garden' (re my enquiry about getting the DJI log format and yet never having been given it), but your support of the software development community is atrocious.
I'd say our wasted man-hour commitment has been around £50k, fortunately we have nipped this in the bud really quickly.

We hope to be major players in the UK Search and Rescue market, no doubt someone at DJI will later look back and think 'what could have been'.

Because of this, we don't get to fly our DJI drones as much as we'd like, the M2P still gives me kicks when I take it out.

DJI, for me, is now just for recreation, not any professional ambbition.
2019-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules