Is There a Correlation With Range and IOS vs Android
598 4 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PapaTom
lvl.3
United States

I keep reading where some people do not have a range problem while others do. Has anyone looked at equipment used and distance? It seems to me that all things being equal the results should be the same.

I have yet to purchase these goggles (RE) for fear of limited range. I have the M2Z and generally use a iPad Pro, but on occasion use my iPhone, both running IOS 12.

2019-1-26
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Not sure that the device would make a difference concerning range. Range would be determined by the connection between the RC and the drone (and a host of other factors). I have the regular goggles (not the RE version) and my RC always disconnects before my goggles do. I have a CrystalSky and I've also used both IOS and Android devices and can't tell any difference in range.
2019-1-26
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I don't think the range is related to the phone you are using.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PapaTom. Thank you for raising this inquiry today. To avoid any issues when flying your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. We suggest using a recommended mobile device for drone. These recommended mobile devices are tested and optimized by DJI to ensure the compatibility and reliability of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and of the DJI Go 4 application. Just for reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Thank you.

2019-1-26
Use props
PapaTom
lvl.3
United States

Thank you DJI Stephen for your reply.  What I'm trying to determine is why some have no problems with range while others do. I have, and have been using, compatible iPhone/iPad with no problem on both my P3A, and M2Z.  I want to purchase the googles re but not if I'm going to have problems.  This is too much money to spend expecting to have a problem.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules