Noise by the hand, sensitive case ?
424 7 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akadro
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi,

I found really noisy to manipulate the OP while recording. Simply by touching the OP you can hear the noise, I just exagerate a bit on this video but maybe it is my settings that are wrong. I have the reduction noise ON and the other noise option to auto.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4j8q1hhojmo0b/DJI_0016.MP4?dl=0

Any help appreciated,

thanks

2019-1-26
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

The microphone port is the tiny hole just above and to the right of the record button... try not to drag your finger to the buttons and also try not to move the OP in your hand ( adjusting it ) while shooting videos
2019-1-26
Use props
akadro
lvl.1
Switzerland

Yes it just by touching the side gently that we can ear the noise. By adding a vinyle sticker on the set I can not really notice. It is really the material that makes it noisy with my hand
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

akadro Posted at 1-26 08:22
Yes it just by touching the side gently that we can ear the noise. By adding a vinyle sticker on the set I can not really notice. It is really the material that makes it noisy with my hand

I suppose you just have to be careful where you place your hand and not to move your finger in a sliding motion across the OP.

Incidentally the noise reduction is picture noise, nothing to do with volume.
2019-1-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 08:27
I suppose you just have to be careful where you place your hand and not to move your finger in a sliding motion across the OP.

Incidentally the noise reduction is picture noise, nothing to do with volume.

The noise reduction is not picture noise reduction, but microphone noise reduction. I made the mistake of that and was corrected by one of the admins earlier in the year.
I'm not getting that much handling noise personally. In a very quiet environment, I can hear my breathing before I hear any handling noise. Although the sound is lacking a bit of bass, the auto system seems to do a very good job.
2019-1-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-26 13:18
The noise reduction is not picture noise reduction, but microphone noise reduction. I made the mistake of that and was corrected by one of the admins earlier in the year.
I'm not getting that much handling noise personally. In a very quiet environment, I can hear my breathing before I hear any handling noise. Although the sound is lacking a bit of bass, the auto system seems to do a very good job.

Well I got that one wrong, I have seen many times on cameras noise reduction but mostly for film/Photo noise.
Apologies to OP and anyone else I might have led astray.

Maybe in light of this possible mix up dji could call it volume noise reduction.
2019-1-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-26 13:22
Well I got that one wrong, I have seen many times on cameras noise reduction but mostly for film/Photo noise.
Apologies to OP and anyone else I might have led astray.

Agreed. It would have been nice. It was their answer to the 'tinny sound' complaints from early reviewers.
I think it inverts some of the sound from the bass microphone to the front microphone to cut wind noise. Certainly, the sound now sounds more mono than stereo but equally that could be due to the two microphones placements on the body.
2019-1-26
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I just wish DJI would hurry up and release the microphone adaptor so I can use my own mic. I find it quite annoying to be filming scenes in front of me but the microphone picks up more sounds from behind me.
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules