Waypoints update-maybe I'm a dummy...
821 9 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2A4051Z0Wz4K
lvl.2
United States

Just a note on updating to the new waypoints 2.0 firmware: make sure you update the app through the app store before you try to find the waypoints feature in the new update! I thought my app updated when the firmware updated, but after all the updates, I went into the app while hooked up and waypoints wasn't showing up. Had to go to the App Store (iOS) and do a manual update, then they were there!

Not sure why DJI doesn't tell the firmware to update the app at the same time, or maybe mine just didn't for some reason, but it was rather frustrating trying to figure out why the update wasn't giving me the waypoints feature. Process of elimination got it done, but it seems it would be an easy thing to connect all the updates to one update of the firmware.

2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry that you had an issue in updating to the new Waypoints 2.0 Firmware. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the Waypoints 2.0 Firmware. Thank you for your support and patience.
2019-1-26
Use props
fansabd0c0fb
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for getting in there and posting. To my dismay, I went out to do waypoints, and option missing. I was not aware you had to update app. When I went to App Store, it took a few seconds for Open button to turn to ipdate.
2019-1-27
Use props
ktiura
lvl.2
United States

fansabd0c0fb Posted at 1-27 11:31
Thank you for getting in there and posting. To my dismay, I went out to do waypoints, and option missing. I was not aware you had to update app. When I went to App Store, it took a few seconds for Open button to turn to ipdate.

You're quite welcome. If I could help even one person it was worth it. Having that issue and searching for info and finding nothing, I figured it couldn't hurt to post about it. Happy flying!
2019-1-27
Use props
Sminter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 756335 ft
United States

Updated the firmware waypoint 2.0 and the DJI Go4 app for my IPad and Waypoints 2.0 are now available. However, no DJI Go 4 app update available  for android. Any idea when this will be available for android?in the play store?
2019-1-29
Use props
Mavic2steve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602667 ft

United States

https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

Download this file and you’re in business.  It’s not officially from DJI but it works for Android (at least on my Samsung Tab A).
2019-1-29
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic2steve Posted at 1-29 21:24
https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

Download this file and you’re in business.  It’s not officially from DJI but it works for Android (at least on my Samsung Tab A).

Will any warranty be void if anything happens if using that link/app if it is not from DJI?
2019-1-30
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

Not working for me. After finally updating the Mavic manually since the Android app fails every time, which was boring. I opened up the app and there's no waypoint option. DJi is a strange company, the hardware seems to nice but their software is a mix of good and complete trash, I don't get it.

I'd like to update my Mavic easily and then immediately start using the things that are advertised in the firmware, for some reason DJi just don't do it this way which leads to a lot of confusion. I've opened the Android DJI app and there's no waypoints but I'm guessing it's due to not having the app available yet? Either way, that's really poor planning, again!
2019-1-30
Use props
ktiura
lvl.2
United States

henley Posted at 1-30 15:10
Not working for me. After finally updating the Mavic manually since the Android app fails every time, which was boring. I opened up the app and there's no waypoint option. DJi is a strange company, the hardware seems to nice but their software is a mix of good and complete trash, I don't get it.

I'd like to update my Mavic easily and then immediately start using the things that are advertised in the firmware, for some reason DJi just don't do it this way which leads to a lot of confusion. I've opened the Android DJI app and there's no waypoints but I'm guessing it's due to not having the app available yet? Either way, that's really poor planning, again!

Sorry, thought I'd mentioned that the Android app version of Waypoints 2.0 isn't yet available.
2019-1-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This appears to be a Google Store problem. The APK has been available for sometime, apkpure.com so it has been released.

It not appearing in the store in some regions is more a store problem rather than DJI problem. The Smart Controller got the app as part of the firmware update on Monday.

Im  new to Android, preferring the Apple eco system, but since getting the Smart Controller I have been testing some Android devices and the experience has been variable at best!

A 3 year old IPad mini 4 consistently outperforms new Android devices in speed and consistency.
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules