1294 15 2019-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maurizio81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462756 ft
Italy

Hello,
for a few months with my standard PH3 I can not go beyond 100 m that loses the signal, before I arrived safely at 200 m without ever losing the channel.
Does it happen to you too? How did you solve it?
Thank you so much.
Hello,
Mauri
2019-1-26
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Ciao Maurizio81 I also have P3Standard but my range is exactly 500m. I'm trying to fly no more than 300m at that distance is very ease to loss dron from sight.
Any way about your problem, could you give us a more details like:
- which is your currnet firmware, is it latest one 01.09.0200 ?
- which version of app DJI Go?
- are you using Android or IOs system?
- are you flying in environment where is no WiFi interferences?
- which of signal you are loosing image transmition or control signal ?
- did you check condition of AC & RC antenas ?
- you reached 100m at what altitude?
Answers to some of these questions could be clue for us.
Regards
P3KoYoT
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it caused. May we know if this situation will occur in different locations? I would recommend re-linking your RC and aircraft, re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if that would work. Please ensure that you're running the last firmware on your unit. You may refer to the video tutorial below best antenna practices. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thanks for the support.

2019-1-27
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

P3KoYoT Posted at 1-26 23:33
Ciao Maurizio81 I also have P3Standard but my range is exactly 500m. I'm trying to fly no more than 300m at that distance is very ease to loss dron from sight.
Any way about your problem, could you give us a more details like:
- which is your currnet firmware, is it latest one 01.09.0200 ?

Hello,
I do not go beyond 200 m distance and 50 m altitude, but already at 100 m distance and 30 m altitude tells me weak signal and PH3 returns home.
I try to answer questions.
- What is your currnet firmware, is it the last one 01.09.0200? The version is that of the image that I attach.
- which version of the DJI Go app? Dji on Android is v3.1.50 (713_go3) on IO is v.3.1.51 (2959)
- are you using the Android or IO system? I use both Android and IO,
- Are you flying in the environment where there is no WiFi interference? I flew in environments where I always interfered and the writing appeared to me and I thought that was the problem, but these days I flew on fields where there is no interference and the problem remains.
- what signal are you losing the image transmission or the control signal? The RC control signal, the video signal works well.
- have you checked the conditions of the AC & RC antennas? The antennas seem affixed, at least I think, those of PH3 are ok, those of the RC I do not know if it can be ruined inside the plastic (I put photos).
- have you reached 100m at which altitude? No, I have reached a maximum of 50 m.

I hope to resolve, as I am not having more fun and I am afraid something might happen.
Thank you very much.

2019-1-27
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-27 08:37
Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it caused. May we know if this situation will occur in different locations? I would recommend re-linking your RC and aircraft, re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if that would work. Please ensure that you're running the last firmware on your unit. You may refer to the video tutorial below best antenna practices. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thanks for the support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Hello, thank you for your reply. The problem happens in different places. Up to 100 m distance and 30 m height there are no problems, then lose the signal of the RC for the video there are no problems, compared to all the indications of the video.
This summer was fine, can it be for the cold temperature? 3-4 degrees?
Now I have re-designed a Booster Extender to be installed in the RC antenna to see and improve.
I'm afraid to recalibrate IMU and Compass, which then does not go well anymore, because I see that many people then have problems.
I'm sad
Thank you so much for your patience.
2019-1-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You may want to research a good long range antenna.  I would suggest Itelite.
2019-1-27
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

ALABAMA Posted at 1-27 13:52
You may want to research a good long range antenna.  I would suggest Itelite.

Hello,
thanks for the advice I was also thinking about this WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit 10 dBi for DJI Phantom 3 Standard, what do you think?
What you recommend Itelite, do you use it and it works well? You also had the same problems as mine.
Thank you very much.
2019-1-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That should help you. Looks like an Argtek.   The P3S is notorious for short range, unless you fly it in a wide open area with no obstructions.
2019-1-27
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

ALABAMA Posted at 1-27 14:10
That should help you. Looks like an Argtek.   The P3S is notorious for short range, unless you fly it in a wide open area with no obstructions.

It is an Argtek.
For the distance this summer I have never had any problem in a free area in the countryside, but for a few months it loses the signal as soon as I leave 100 m and I do not understand why, never crashed and done damage, I thought the antenna of the RC could be damaged even if you do not see maybe in the transport in his suitcase.
Thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

maurizio81 Posted at 1-27 13:27
Hello, thank you for your reply. The problem happens in different places. Up to 100 m distance and 30 m height there are no problems, then lose the signal of the RC for the video there are no problems, compared to all the indications of the video.
This summer was fine, can it be for the cold temperature? 3-4 degrees?
Now I have re-designed a Booster Extender to be installed in the RC antenna to see and improve.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Have you tried to check if the aircraft is on the beginner mode? Did you manage to disable the "Max Distance" settings under the application? Please be cautious about using a third-party accessory as this may affect the performance of your aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-1-28
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-28 08:50
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Have you tried to check if the aircraft is on the beginner mode? Did you manage to disable the "Max Distance" settings under the application? Please be cautious about using a third-party accessory as this may affect the performance of your aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have disabled beginners mode, while I set the distance to 200 m and altitude to 50 m. But as written at 100 m distance it loses RC signal and returns home.
I will do further tests in the coming days.
Maybe the antenna has problems, because at 40/50 m distance everything works,
Ugh, I hope to solve and be able to have fun as long ago.
Thank you very much.
Hello.
2019-1-28
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522451 ft
Italy

maurizio81 Posted at 1-28 12:07
Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have disabled beginners mode, while I set the distance to 200 m and altitude to 50 m. But as written at 100 m distance it loses RC signal and returns home.

In alto tra le varie voci, trovi "more". Clicca sopra e nel menù a tendina clicca su regional e poi europe. Trovi il gruppo italian pilots, puoi chiedere lì in italiano. Ciao.
2019-1-30
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

TANGOMIKE Posted at 1-30 09:00
In alto tra le varie voci, trovi "more". Clicca sopra e nel menù a tendina clicca su regional e poi europe. Trovi il gruppo italian pilots, puoi chiedere lì in italiano. Ciao.

Grazie ora scrivo sul forum italiano.
Buona serata.
2019-1-30
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

If you got possibility you should try other RC, maybe that is a problem with range limit on control chanell.
2019-1-31
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

P3KoYoT Posted at 1-31 01:05
If you got possibility you should try other RC, maybe that is a problem with range limit on control chanell.

Thank you so much for the information. If I have a chance, I try.
2019-1-31
Use props
maurizio81
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, I have not been able to solve the problem yet. Where can I buy the original RC antenna?
I find only those to increase the signal, but I would like to try with an original maybe it is damaged.
Thank you so much.
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules