Mavic Air Footage Extremely Noisy
2168 12 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JvL
lvl.1
Austria

Dear DJI Community,

I just had my third fly now, being the first one in the sunlight and I am still experiencing serious problems with the quality of my footage.
I will link a short clip below, filmed in 4k.

This test clip was made using D-Cinelike, 1-0-0, automatic light settings. ISO was at 100, the shutter speed (because it was bright) was very high.
Now, I always thought that noisiness/graininess appears when shooting in low light conditions, when the camera tries to compensate by raising the ISO value. In this case, my footage is even overexposed, however, also the parts of the footage that have enough light exposure are very grainy and noisy. (for example the coat) This clip was filmed in sunlight, how is it so unacceptally noisy and grainy?

Also in my other clips, particularly the grass, even in very close up footage, is very distorted and "moves".

Besides all of this, the image colours are completely off (the jacket is supposed to be green).

If anyone with knowledge on videography could analyse this issue for my, I'd be very grateful.

Kind Regards
Q

(the video will appear in the dropbox link within the next 10 minutes)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/maiym ... Z7348JvmyUVbma?dl=0
2019-1-27
Use props
JvL
lvl.1
Austria

Sorry, there is an issue with the video upload, I will have this sorted in 1-2hours when I’m home
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day J. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the video that you have taken from your DJI Mavic Air. Please try to upload the video for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
JvL
lvl.1
Austria

Video is now uploaded.
2019-1-27
Use props
JvL
lvl.1
Austria

I have made a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/oi037M4
2019-1-27
Use props
fans9b8b9709
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 07:10
Hello and good day J. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the video that you have taken from your DJI Mavic Air. Please try to upload the video for us to help you further. Thank you.

Got my new Mavic Air 2 last monday. Spent 30 seconds flying it fine until it tells me I need to update the firmware. As soon as it was all updated, the drone can't even take off. Flies up for one second and then falls on its side. Worthless. Get an error message saying Firmware Connectivity issues, must update firmware again. Still won't fly. Almost fell off the edge of the Grand Canyon. $800 for something that can't even take off due to awful firmware update. What can I do, apart from take it back and get my money back?
2019-1-27
Use props
fans9b8b9709
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 07:10

Got my new Mavic Air 2 last monday. Spent 30 seconds flying it fine until it tells me I need to update the firmware. As soon as it was all updated, the drone can't even take off. Flies up for one second and then falls on its side. Worthless. Get an error message saying Firmware Connectivity issues, must update firmware again. Still won't fly. Almost fell off the edge of the Grand Canyon. $800 for something that can't even take off due to awful firmware update. What can I do, apart from take it back and get my money back?
2019-1-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Where did you get this footage from?
The SD card or the phone?
2019-1-27
Use props
Quadratwurzel
lvl.1
Austria

From internal memory: Of course the quality of the picture is a little bit worse than the video, because it is only a screenshot, also, the yellow colour tint is because of a false white balance. However, this should not affect the sharpness of the picture, or am I wrong?
The woods in the background are awfully grainy.
2019-1-27
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9b8b9709 Posted at 1-27 11:15
Got my new Mavic Air 2 last monday. Spent 30 seconds flying it fine until it tells me I need to update the firmware. As soon as it was all updated, the drone can't even take off. Flies up for one second and then falls on its side. Worthless. Get an error message saying Firmware Connectivity issues, must update firmware again. Still won't fly. Almost fell off the edge of the Grand Canyon. $800 for something that can't even take off due to awful firmware update. What can I do, apart from take it back and get my money back?

Ok... Firstly, where might one find such an aircraft? Did DJI pull a fast one by me and release a new aircraft? Secondly, the Grand Canyon? The Grand Canyon National Park? Why were you flying there? That is not a legal place to fly my dude, like fines are about $5000, do not fly there. If you have any questions, please refer to the National park service's website or the FAA.
2019-1-27
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks like an error in encoding or writing... Do you have an SD card you could try? I noted further down that you have listed that you used internal storage and I agree that this is extremely odd behaviour.  Other than that, I would recommend downgrading firmware or factory reseting your aircraft, testing with an SD card, if these both dont work then you might have to open a case. I hope your issue is resolved soon. Alpha
2019-1-27
Use props
Astro Sapphire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177 ft
India

As you have mentioned it has been shot with the internal memory, It seems the issue is with the camera settings.  if you have shot this in auto mode, there are reasons the ISO can be taken way higher on its own. The video will be more blurry when ISO is set high. Make sure that you put the camera in auto mode and set the ISO to 100 (anything above that will be blurry) as with there is no aperture to control in Mavic air you can first take off the flight about 10 feet height and set the shutter speed. People often say shutter speed is to be double with the frame rate. As there is no aperture if you set it double the video will be bleached out. You can play around with the shutter speed and check out various possibilities.

Along side, I would recommend buying a memory card which has high-speed rate more than 12.5mb/s. Hope this resolves.
2019-1-27
Use props
Quadratwurzel
lvl.1
Austria

Hello,

I had the mavic air replaced by the retailer I bought it from, the new model arrived today. I will test it today. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Q
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules