Wave point 2
419 1 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JD57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66286 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. This is my first time on the forum so please stick with me.
I fly a Mavic 2 Pro which is my first drone and I love it. Great to see a firmware upgrade with Wavepoints 2 included in the update. I followed a couple of people on YouTube who were demonstrating the new wavepoints system which I thought was great and I can’t wait to give it a go this week. But something hit me. With all the latest maps available in transport or satellite mode where you can see the ground as it is, why do we have to have the drone in the air before we can feed in the points, distances and poi etc. Wouldn’t it be great to have all the data installed before you leave home?

Now I know there must be reasons why we can’t do this otherwise DJI would have done it, wouldn’t they?
Perhaps someone or multiple members of the forum could let me know why this can’t be done. I look forward to receiving your explanations.
Thanks for reading my rambles and I look forward to hearing from you.
John
2019-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can do all your mission plan before you leave home, but unfortunately you will need to turn on your aircraft to complete this, as I haven’t used WP2 I’m afraid I can’t help you any further, except to say turn RC and Aircraft on and you should find appropriate settings in app .
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules