Hope for some digital zoom firmware update for M2P?
602 9 2019-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bi7ZlTnWOoJb
lvl.3
Brazil

Hi, I really does not understand why dji do not add digital zoom feature for mavic 2 pro, as it can record 4k, digital zoom recording in 1080p would have really small loss.. Maybe 2-4x digital zoom.. I think could be to not canabilize mavic 2 zoom (optical) sales.. In previous model (mavic pro), it had this feature.. There is no sense (hardware) not have it on much expensive and advanced drone like mavic 2 pro.. What you guys think? It's possible see fw update with this feature, there is some news about future update?
2019-1-27
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

You can always zoom in in post. I don't understand why so many people want a digital zoom...
2019-1-27
Use props
Bi7ZlTnWOoJb
lvl.3
Brazil

saviour Posted at 1-27 22:16
You can always zoom in in post. I don't understand why so many people want a digital zoom...
Yes for sure, but do it in post require a lot of work.. Download video, edit in software and export video.. Use it on the go it would be much better not just to record, but view details that you wouldn't if not had digital zoom when you are flying..  I know there is zoom version for it.. But I do not see any reason to not add this feature in pro.. They also could add digital zoom even to zoom version increasing total zoom capability. Somebody has some information about it?
2019-1-27
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Zooming in in post is really not a much of a work. My point is, it's a 1500€ drone. Someone who buys such a drone should always edit in post to get the best results out of his drone. If you
just want to press record, save your video and don't do any cutting or editing in post, you shouldn't buy such a semi professional drone.
Also, zooming in on the go wouldn't let you see more details than without. Digital zoom is always sizing up the picture, hence losing details instead of seeing details that you couldn't see before.
Of course, I wouldn't mind if DJI implemented digital zoom, but I highly doubt they will do it.
2019-1-27
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

digital zoom is on the zoom model as well as optical zoom
2019-1-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 1-27 22:31
Zooming in in post is really not a much of a work. My point is, it's a 1500€ drone. Someone who buys such a drone should always edit in post to get the best results out of his drone. If you
just want to press record, save your video and don't do any cutting or editing in post, you shouldn't buy such a semi professional drone.
Also, zooming in on the go wouldn't let you see more details than without. Digital zoom is always sizing up the picture, hence losing details instead of seeing details that you couldn't see before.

Feature parity..   I’m really bothered by the lack of feature parity.  M2Z and MP both can do digital zooming but MA and M2P can’t..  does it make any sense..?

I don’t expect the best quality, but having an option to zoom in and peek at something without endangering your drone such as say flying closer to trees or chasing something don’t wanna get too close.or to simplify workload.. remove one large step from post production.  

I have a decent workstation but 4K 100mbps h.264 scene cropping takes a long time Infact I actually doubled post production/editing time just having it go in on a 4K resample at 2X effective zoom.  Then again I don’t have the most bleeding edge system. Just 16GB of DDR4 3200Mhz memory in dual channel, AMD ThreadRipper 2950X in dynamic mode and a Nvidia 1080Ti, and 1TB Sata SSD (Samsung Evo series)
2019-1-28
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-28 00:57
Feature parity..   I’m really bothered by the lack of feature parity.  M2Z and MP both can do digital zooming but MA and M2P can’t..  does it make any sense..?

I don’t expect the best quality, but having an option to zoom in and peek at something without endangering your drone such as say flying closer to trees or chasing something don’t wanna get too close.or to simplify workload.. remove one large step from post production.  

I see your point. As I stated, I wouldn't mind having digital zoom either, but there should be other things on the priority list that should be improved or added, because we all know how much time it takes for DJI to implement simple features. (e.g. there's still no way to adjust the shutter speed with the 5D stick, but the aperture?) just an example
2019-1-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 1-28 01:23
I see your point. As I stated, I wouldn't mind having digital zoom either, but there should be other things on the priority list that should be improved or added, because we all know how much time it takes for DJI to implement simple features. (e.g. there's still no way to adjust the shutter speed with the 5D stick, but the aperture?) just an example

Yea as a Mavic Air user i know...DJI isn’t in any hurry :/
2019-1-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Utter utterly pointless.  Digital zoom is ugly,messy,loses detail and if you insist on doing it, is far better done in post processing software with far more powerful algorithms than on a processor limited drone.
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and request with us today. Rest assure that I will forward these information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules