Help/advice/opinion
761 5 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chewbacca
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ok 2nd time posting this question - the first one “disappeared”

Thinking of buying a Mavic pro 2, used to have a phantom 4 pro LOVED the images quality for stills and the 4K HATED the updates they pushed out, the fact that the horizon was never straight and the fact that it couldn’t fly forward or backwards in a straight line.

How is the IQ of this compared to the P4P?
How is the stability of the current software and DJI go app with this model?

Any info appreciated
Thanks
2019-1-28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im not sure as I dont have one, but given the issues others are having, I will stay away until its fixed. Im not paying 1500 for an aircraft to flip or do something to cause it to fall out of the sky
2019-1-28
Use props
Oliver Roozen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 852746 ft
New Zealand

I've had the M2P for a while now and I can't say I've had many of the problems that you have. The drone will have issues going in a straight line when there's lots of wind, and that's just down to how the fly-by-wire nature of the controls work. The sticks correspond more to an angle of bank than a speed, really.

There have been mutterings of the drones falling out of the sky but that's the case with basically every drone ever and I'll bet you're no more at risk with a M2 than anything else.

What I can tell you is that basically every DJI drone is programmed exactly the same. What is true for a P4 is probably going to be true for the M2. DJI have not uprooted their own foundation of software. In my experience, the app is still patchy and poorly bugfixed on Android.

The M2 is not a perfect experience but you'll be hard-pressed to find anything better than DJI. If you're worried about not getting bang for buck then get a Mavic Air. But overall the M2P is good. Good enough.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Just my opinion having both for a short time but the Mavic seems so much more stable when flying. It’s a blast to fly and have had zero issues. I have high confidence in it. However I just wish it had the Phantoms camera. I am still messing with settings, seems I am constantly messing with the settings trying to get the quality I do from the Phantom. Both in photography and video. Don’t get me wrong I have taken some nice pictures with the Mavic.  The video keeps me wanting better though. Maybe I haven’t found that sweet spot in the settings and adjustments yet. Therefore  the reason I also bought the Phantom. So far I have not had any major issues in flying the Phantom. Just some RC to AC communication issues but those are getting sorted out. I hope one day I can have the confidence in the Phantom when flying as I do the M2P. There is something to be said about the Mavics size and portability too. There are many out there enjoying their Phantoms without issues. Seems there are also many that have some issues with their Phantoms. Mine doesn’t have drift, yaw or straight line flying issues. Yet. I agree that their weak point seems to be the firmware. Like I said if only the Mavic had the Phantoms image quality.
2019-1-28
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The 4K 60 from the P4P was insanely good. The software sucks so bad though, I always felt that at any point the phantom could just fall out of the sky and that’s like having £1500 landing in the drink. Such a shame that DJI put out such awful firmware and non existentent support or even care in most cases. Tricky decision, I don’t really want to go down the original Mavic or mavic air route as that would be a significant drop from what I was used to.
2019-1-28
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I have both drones, P4Pro mark 1 lightbridge and the M2Pro, both drones are good. The P4Pro is more stable in medium to strong winds within what is acceptable for flying, the RAW files from the M2 in my opinion are better than the P4Pro, and the video in Dlog from the P4Pro is better than the DlogM from the M2. So its a case of horses for courses when comparing the two drones. As for the software, I mostly use litchi rather than the Go 4, so I dont really have any problems in that respect as I think Litchi is better than the DJI software even though it sits on the same software base.
2019-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules