New
Netherlands

Hi,

I have built a new setup that I want to use the  NAZA M V2
Tarrot octo frame 1000
Turnigy 45A OPTO esc's
Aerostart 4340 500KV motors
1555 Carbon props

When in atti mode and intelligent motor start, the props start to spin.
I had to lower "idle" to "lowest"in order for the octo not to lift straight away.

When slowly giving more throttle, nothing happens...
When passing the "mid point" suddenly the engines accellerate about 2x their original speed.
The model becomes unstable and crashes!

I have tried to see what happens if I lower the gains but that did not seem to help.
How can I lower the PID on the throttle?
the moment it switchtes from "idle" to "hovering" mode gives (way) too much throttle gain.

Should I change to a Wookong?
thanks,

2014-11-9
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

I started with a Naza Lite the throttle thing that is normal for the V2. It scared me the first time but you get use to it.  Now as far as the idle problem all of my stuff is DJI so it comes pre calibrated. You might have to calibrate you Turnigy  ESC's before the system will work correctly. If all 8 motors don't work in sync it will flip over and crash like you are talking about.  
2014-11-9
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

I forgot you can lower the idle speed inside the Naza software.
2014-11-10
Use props
poppasmurf
New

United States

n2stuff Posted at 2014-11-11 07:05
I forgot you can lower the idle speed inside the Naza software.

n2stuff,

Do you also find the throttle response to be a bit sluggish once you have gotten off the ground? i started out fly the blade 350qx and when you punch the throttle it goes! i am using a lenox box so i have not been able to play with the set up soft ware to see if there is a way to punch up the throttle response. have you seen any such capability?
2014-11-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not recommend the Naza v2 for your application.  If you are building a pro sized copter we recommend a WKM or A2.
2014-11-10
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

poppasmurf Posted at 2014-11-11 11:22
n2stuff,

Do you also find the throttle response to be a bit sluggish once you have gotten off the ...

If you are in GPS or ATTI mode it will be docile. The real fun comes in Manual Mode, but I would not suggest that til you really learn to fly good and do it on quad. In other words it will do punch outs, loops, rolls.
2014-11-10
Use props
4me2
New
Netherlands

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-11 12:37
DJI does not recommend the Naza v2 for your application.  If you are building a pro sized copter we  ...

Thanks for this comment.
I thought as much and will buy the A2 since the drone will be used for (semi) professional Photography /filming

kind regards, Harpert
2014-11-11
Use props
4me2
New
Netherlands

n2stuff Posted at 2014-11-11 13:36
If you are in GPS or ATTI mode it will be docile. The real fun comes in Manual Mode, but I would no ...

Hi,

after flying heli (fuel) 60 size for many years, manual mode was all we got.

In Atti mode the stick is not sluggish, it's doing what it is supposed to do, lower or lift your drone (a bit)
I can telle you that if you give full throttle it will still lift quite fast, even in ATTI mode.

If you fly in Manual mode, the stick(s) will be VERY responsive and if not an experienced "pilot" your drone will most probably FLIP and Crash.

you can try to start hovering in ATTI at a height of about 10m, make sure the throttle is in "the middel" prepare to react "quickly" and switch to Manual mode.
If you  are losing control, just switch back to ATTI and the drone will stabalize and hover once the throttle (and other sticks) are in the center.

Harpert
2014-11-11
Use props
4me2
New
Netherlands

n2stuff Posted at 2014-11-10 13:53
I started with a Naza Lite the throttle thing that is normal for the V2. It scared me the first time ...

Hi,

as I stated in my opening thread, I already have set the "Idke" to it's lowest position.
The problem is not that the esc need to be callibrated (Turnigy ESC Opto can't be calibrated in that sense)
The problem is that whan in ATTI  mode, the flight controller gives WAY too much throttle at the "hover" point of the sticks.

this drone is made for lifting (heavy) weight (up to 7kg)
The software however "thinks" it needs more RPM to lift the (now naked and light weight) drone in one smooth movement.
The result is that instead of "lifting and Hovering" the drone "shoots into the air, from 0 to 5-10 metres and becomes uncontrollable.

DJI have already answered my problem by informing me that the M-V2 is not suitable for a heavy lifter like this one

thanks though for answering, Harpert
2014-11-11
Use props
nafe1993gmail.com
New

United Kingdom

n2stuff Posted at 2014-11-9 21:53
I started with a Naza Lite the throttle thing that is normal for the V2. It scared me the first time but you get use to it.  Now as far as the idle problem all of my stuff is DJI so it comes pre calibrated. You might have to calibrate you Turnigy  ESC's before the system will work correctly. If all 8 motors don't work in sync it will flip over and crash like you are talking about.

Can anyone please advise me why Only one motor spins first and faster and after 5 Second other other 3 motors  Spins,by the time the other 3 motors get’s ready The quad flip over Braking the props.I have done the ESE calibration one by one for each motors to.
2020-5-31
Use props
nafe1993gmail.com
New

United Kingdom

n2stuff Posted at 2014-11-9 21:53

Can anyone please advise me why Only one motor spins first and faster and after 5 Second other other 3 motors  Spins,by the time the other 3 motors get’s ready The quad flip over Braking the props.I have done the ESE calibration one by one for each motors to.
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_L2D5JeWgw90C
New

United States

nafe1993gmail.com Posted at 2020-5-31 07:20

Hook it up to your ground control.  Whatever one you use, like betaflight.
Check motor direction while there.  
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_L2D5JeWgw90C
New

United States

nafe1993gmail.com Posted at 2020-5-31 07:28

Check direction or motor and blade
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules