2497 30 2019-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Techie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

I RETUERNED THE MAVIC 2 PRO 2 WEEKS AGO, BECAUSE THE PRECISE LANDING WAS NOT WORKING AND THE RC WAS NOT CHARGING PROPERLY WITH THE CHARGING CABLE IS LOOSE GOING IN AND VERY TEMPERMENTAL. ALSO, THE CHARGE DID NOT LAST LONG. WELL, I RECEIVED THE MAVIC 2 PRO BACK WITH THE REMOTE AND I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUES! I DID THE REQUIRED UPDATE AND LIKED THE RC. WHY THE HELL AM I STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM? I OWN P3P, P4P, MAVIC PRO MAVIC 2 PRO, MAVIC AIR, SPARK AND THIS MAVIC 2 PRO IS GIVING ME ISSUES, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE. CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS THE WORST, YOU GET THREE DIFFERENT ANSWERS FROM ONE SUPPORT PERSON TO THE NEXT. THEY MAYBE NEED TO TRAIN THEIR SUPPORT TEAM. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE? I WAS TOLD BY DJI IT WAS A BAD BOARD INSIDE. WHY IF IT WAS A MANUFACTURER DEFECT, DID THEY CHARGE ME $119 FOR DJI CARE? IT WAS A BUILD DEFECT!
2019-1-28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is your caps lock on by chance?
2019-1-28
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 1-28 23:06
Is your caps lock on by chance?

Just upset with DJI
2019-1-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

precision landing on the mavic 2 is hit/miss not sure why DJI is being stubborn about this..    to do precision landing you have to do auto take off then push the stick up for the aircraft to rise slowly till 30 feet up then let it sit there for ~3 seconds then you can resume your flight.   even this can be hit/miss but at least it appears to work better as it is the traditional method for precision landing it uses bottom firing cameras on belly of the drone to take bunch of comparison pictures as its lifting off then as it comes in for final landing attempts to line itself up with the pictures it took to come in more precisely.

as for charging issue, try a different charge micro USB cable and more powerful charger, i personally use and like the brand Anker they have really high quality series called Powerline II and grab an Anker wall charger. as for it rapidly depleting, im assuming you have an android device because for some reason DJI pushes out a lot of power to android devices, but i think in controller settings in the app you can turn off charging for android on mavic 2 line...
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Drone Techie, we apologize to read your unpleasant experience with Mavic 2 Pro and our customer support team, I failed to find the case number via your forum account, could you please post the case number here so that we can check the previous damage assessment by our repair team for further support? Thank you in advance.
Besides, may I verify how did you contact our support and received different answers? We will make the investigation and keep improving our customer service.

2019-1-29
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-29 00:11
Hi Drone Techie, we apologize to read your unpleasant experience with Mavic 2 Pro and our customer support team, I failed to find the case number via your forum account, could you please post the case number here so that we can check the previous damage assessment by our repair team for further support? Thank you in advance.
Besides, may I verify how did you contact our support and received different answers? We will make the investigation and keep improving our customer service.

CAS-2540954-G8CON8
CRM: 0258000492571

I contacted DJI Support by phone and chat previously. This is a problem from day 1 when I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. When I returned the unit on January 14th, I was asked to pay the $119 DJI Care fee. I was told on Friday, a board issue was found from wh en it was built. It was a build issue, I should not have had to pay the $119. DJI Care. Also, nothing has changed from when I returned the Mavic 2 Pro, and the remote.
My second issue was my remote was not charging properly, and the charging cable did not charge properly.It does not work right. I have to move the wire  to make the cable have a connection for it to work and if the remote moves with the slightest movement, it does not charge and have to to re-position the remote so it makes a good connection.

I purchased this in November, I have complained about the unit since day one. The update for Precision landing and TriPod  mode was updated. I returned both the Mavic 2 Pro with the remote on January 14th, 2019. I received both yesterday, with a new Mavic 2 Pro and a remote rolled up in a very thick bubble wrap.  looked like a yoga tube pillow. It looked like something to protect the Mavic 2 Pro box. All they had to do was put it in the DJI box. made no sense. Nothing has changed from before I sent the drone and the remote back. This is not right. Since this is a DJI build problem, I should not have had to pay the $119. I did nothing  wrong, it was a build issue. I want what I paid for, if DJI can't provide me with a completely working Mavic 2 Pro and Remote, I will insist on a complete refund.  I would prefer to get a great working Mavic 2 Pro with a great  working remote.

2019-1-29
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CAS-2540954-G8CON8 CRM:

I contacted DJI Support by phone and chat previously. This is a problem from day 1 when I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. When I returned the unit on January 14th, I was asked to pay the $119 DJI Care fee. I was told on Friday, a board issue was found or "Bad Board." It was a build issue. I should not have had to pay the $119. DJI Care. Also, nothing has changed from when I returned the Mavic 2 Pro, and the remote.
My second issue was my remote was not charging properly, and the charging cable did not charge properly.It does not work right. I have to "jiggle" the cable for it to work and if the remote moves with the slightest movement, it does not charge and have to to re-position the remote so it makes a good connection.

I purchased this in November, I have complained about the unit since day one. The update for Precision landing and TriPod  mode was updated. I returned both the Mavic 2 Pro with the remote on January 14th, 2019. I received both yesterday, with a new Mavic 2 Pro and a remote rolled up in a very thick bubble wrap.  looked like a yoga tube pillow. It looked like something to protect the Mavic 2 Pro box. All they had to do was put it in the DJI box. Bad no sense. Nothing has changed from before I sent the drone and the remote back. This is not right. Since this is a DJI build problem, I should not have had to pay the $119. I did nothing  wrong, it was a build issue. I want what I paid for, if DJI can't provide me with a completely working Mavic 2 Pro and Remote, I will insist on a complete refund. Or we can take this to court. I would prefer to get a great working Mavic 2 Pro with a great  working remote.
2019-1-29
Use props
Oliver Roozen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 852746 ft
New Zealand

Precision landing has worked very well for me, with my only criticism being that it's hard to know if it will work or not (it only notifies you when it starts working, so before you land you're not really sure).

Automatic takeoff, slow rise, and hover are all incorrect requirements. I think it comes down to the "quality" of the positional image that can be achieved. If you have good light and a contrasting landing pad, like I have, it should get a picture very clearly. It is definitely recommendee to climb up 10 or so metres before moving away, though. In low light and without any points of reference, yes, sometimes precision landing will mess up.
2019-1-29
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Oliver Roozen Posted at 1-29 15:02
Precision landing has worked very well for me, with my only criticism being that it's hard to know if it will work or not (it only notifies you when it starts working, so before you land you're not really sure).

Automatic takeoff, slow rise, and hover are all incorrect requirements. I think it comes down to the "quality" of the positional image that can be achieved. If you have good light and a contrasting landing pad, like I have, it should get a picture very clearly. It is definitely recommendee to climb up 10 or so metres before moving away, though. In low light and without any points of reference, yes, sometimes precision landing will mess up.

When you do auto take off,  on the previous Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro precision landing had a button where you pushed and precision landing was implemented. Is it different on the Mavic 2 Pro?
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Techie Posted at 1-29 21:07
When you do auto take off,  on the previous Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro precision landing had a button where you pushed and precision landing was implemented. Is it different on the Mavic 2 Pro?

yes on the M2 just take off and hover in place for a few secs. place the drone over a crack or landing pad will help as stated. also be sure all batteries you own have been updated.
2019-1-29
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:22
yes on the M2 just take off and hover in place for a few secs. place the drone over a crack or landing pad will help as stated. also be sure all batteries you own have been updated.

thank you so much!
2019-1-29
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think the RC will vibrate indicating the precise is ready but cant recall. i useually auto take off and leave it hover a bit then go flying
but also lighting does affect it. so dim lit and dark wont work
2019-1-29
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've tested it a few times and it has been dead on, but I really don't see the point since I don't like the system to do RTH and land on its on, that's something for the pilot to do in my opinion
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Drone Techie Posted at 1-29 08:26
I contacted DJI Support by phone and chat previously. This is a problem from day 1 when I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. When I returned the unit on January 14th, I was asked to pay the $119 DJI Care fee. I was told on Friday, a board issue was found or "Bad Board." It was a build issue. I should not have had to pay the $119. DJI Care. Also, nothing has changed from when I returned the Mavic 2 Pro, and the remote.
My second issue was my remote was not charging properly, and the charging cable did not charge properly.It does not work right. I have to "jiggle" the cable for it to work and if the remote moves with the slightest movement, it does not charge and have to to re-position the remote so it makes a good connection.

I am sorry for the late reply. I had escalated your case to the proper department to assist. We'll have someone to contact you as soon as possible.
BTW, if there is invoice dispute in the future, I suggest not paying the repair first until the things clear. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
2019-1-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 1-30 15:04
I've tested it a few times and it has been dead on, but I really don't see the point since I don't like the system to do RTH and land on its on, that's something for the pilot to do in my opinion

its a feature i like to know my drones can do and do well, while i rarely use it myself, if im every in need to that precise level of automation such as maybe its stupid cold out and i need to suit up pack and and go hands off with my drone, that i can trust it.....really only time i needed it was i was on ATV trail and it was stupid cold actually you could feel the temp dropping in real time was crazy dropped form 20F to -5F.... i initiated RTH and started getting dressed warm and all and getting ready to blast off back down the trail, my drone came back within 1-3 inches of its take off ..  perfectly missing all the trees and coming down threw the little hole inbetween.  

2019-1-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oliver Roozen Posted at 1-29 15:02
Precision landing has worked very well for me, with my only criticism being that it's hard to know if it will work or not (it only notifies you when it starts working, so before you land you're not really sure).

not sure about consistently nailing it..   from videos of people demonstrating it, its less precision than past dji drones with precision landing.. off by as much as my mavic pro was and my mavic air is when not clicking precision landing.. 6 inches - 1 foot sometimes more if you take off before get boatload of sats locked on.   

more consistent drones,  on auto take off if you click "enable precision landing" it will take off and slowly rise up to 27-30 feet taking bunch of shots as it goes up with its VPS/Optical flow system.. it uses GPS +  Visual Positioning System to map it out to on return it can come in and you can see if visually moving around lining itself up, mavic air and mavic pro are usually within 1-3 inches of take off spot, mostly because as they come down to land they slight get caught in prop wash and blow a bit to the side.
2019-1-30
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-30 18:12
I am sorry for the late reply. I had escalated your case to the proper department to assist. We'll have someone to contact you as soon as possible.
BTW, if there is invoice dispute in the future, I suggest not paying the repair first until the things clear. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Thank you Mindy, I appreciate you very much. You are awesome!
2019-1-30
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 1-30 15:04

I agree with you, I trained myself not to depend on the RTH feature and  return to my landing pad and land smack in the middle of the "H" . However, I like knowing I have a safety net just in case. I'm kind of a nerd pilot, I trust the system and do know stuff happens. I have 6 DJI drones, a Parrot Anafi a Breeze and a box looking drone.I've been flying since whenever the  P2 came out. then I found myself chasing the P2S down the street because my RC was hacked by someone in a nearby home while I was inspecting a roof. It was the greatest "comedy skit" watching it fly down to Olympic Blvd in L.A. facing the cars as they waited for the light to change having their picture taken by the hacker raising up about 25 feet facing the restaurant windows taking the diners pictures, again rising to about 75 feet crossing Olympic, not high enough nearly clipping the electrical load going to other stores and trimming palm trees before crash landing on the landing gear. Only had it one week, sent it back and bought the P3P it had obstacle avoidance. I use them for residential and commercial inspections, real estate photography and of course personal use.
2019-1-30
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-30 19:22
not sure about consistently nailing it..   from videos of people demonstrating it, its less precision than past dji drones with precision landing.. off by as much as my mavic pro was and my mavic air is when not clicking precision landing.. 6 inches - 1 foot sometimes more if you take off before get boatload of sats locked on.   

more consistent drones,  on auto take off if you click "enable precision landing" it will take off and slowly rise up to 27-30 feet taking bunch of shots as it goes up with its VPS/Optical flow system.. it uses GPS +  Visual Positioning System to map it out to on return it can come in and you can see if visually moving around lining itself up, mavic air and mavic pro are usually within 1-3 inches of take off spot, mostly because as they come down to land they slight get caught in prop wash and blow a bit to the side.

I find that using a hi-viz landing pad and hovering over it at about 30 feet after take-off results in a precise RTH point being recorded by the downward cameras that actually ends with my Mavic Pro actually revolving during landing to match the image that it recorded at take-off.

It's quite a nice party trick as it usually lands within a few centimeters of the take-off point  
2019-1-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-30 20:40
I find that using a hi-viz landing pad and hovering over it at about 30 feet after take-off results in a precise RTH point being recorded by the downward cameras that actually ends with my Mavic Pro actually revolving during landing to match the image that it recorded at take-off.

It's quite a nice party trick as it usually lands within a few centimeters of the take-off point

ya its cool watching it correct itself, specially if bit of wind you can see it sawing around a bit trying to match up moving back and forth in little steps and rotating a bit here and there trying to get it perfect...  i guess just incase how it took off is the only way it will fit again or something.  

watching videos of M2 series precision land is like MP and MA's non precision landing, just turns to face the right direction and comes down close checks the spot and lands...it gets close, like with MP and MA its not far off, but further off than precision landing and doesnt do much corrections

2019-1-30
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

HereForTheBeer, this is why I made my landing pad non symmetrical (unlike an 'H' or a bullseye) . My pattern results in precise landings if I use RTH for testing although I prefer manual control

2019-1-30
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello Mindy, I received an email saying I would receive either an email or a telephone call in 24 -48 hours. That never happened. What do I do now?

James
2019-2-1
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello Mindy,

I paid the invoice because they would have sent back the broken drone. They admitted, it was a manufacturer issue. It was a "board" issue". I was told in an email, that they will call or email me within 24-48 hours, I still have not heard from them. What should I do?

Thanks,
James
2019-2-1
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

And you decided to 'let some steam out' by punishing us... painful to read man.
2019-2-4
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-30 21:43
HereForTheBeer, this is why I made my landing pad non symmetrical (unlike an 'H' or a bullseye) . My pattern results in precise landings if I use RTH for testing although I prefer manual control

Great Idea! Will try that.
2019-2-4
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-4 06:54
And you decided to 'let some steam out' by punishing us... painful to read man.

When it's a build issue from DJI, I should not have to pay for the problem. That makes me upset. The other thing that upsets me or anyone is bad customer service, untrained customer service or telling me they will call me back and they don't. For a billion dollar company, the customer service should be streamlined and flawless or minimal issues.  I own a multi-state company and our customer service is is almost perfect. before anyone gets on the phone to help a customer, they must know everything. If they do not, they have a guideline that will help them. since were are a real estate inspection company. they know everything a home inspector knows. They can answer any question and they ALWAYS return calls. It's hard to hear a company make promises and not keep them. frustration takes over.
2019-2-4
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello Mindy, not sure if  you received my last response.  I talked and chatted. I should not have to pay for the swap co-pay, It was  a build problem from the factory. I want my co-pay back.
2019-2-4
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello Mindy, not sure if  you received my last response.  I talked and chatted. I should not have to pay for the swap co pay, It was  a build problem from the factory. I want my co pay back.
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Drone Techie Posted at 2-4 10:50
When it's a build issue from DJI, I should not have to pay for the problem. That makes me upset. The other thing that upsets me or anyone is bad customer service, untrained customer service or telling me they will call me back and they don't. For a billion dollar company, the customer service should be streamlined and flawless or minimal issues.  I own a multi-state company and our customer service is is almost perfect. before anyone gets on the phone to help a customer, they must know everything. If they do not, they have a guideline that will help them. since were are a real estate inspection company. they know everything a home inspector knows. They can answer any question and they ALWAYS return calls. It's hard to hear a company make promises and not keep them. frustration takes over.

I agree with everything you've stated BUT you have to remember that you're complaining in a public forum here and these are forum moderators not DJI's customer service reps.

ps. Skip the CAPS please.
2019-2-5
Use props
Drone Techie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-5 00:01
I agree with everything you've stated BUT you have to remember that you're complaining in a public forum here and these are forum moderators not DJI's customer service reps.

ps. Skip the CAPS please.

truth be told I started typing, an never noticed the caps lock on, and didn't want to retype. I thought that administrator Mindy was a dji person. guess I was wrong
2019-2-5
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 1-29 21:22
yes on the M2 just take off and hover in place for a few secs. place the drone over a crack or landing pad will help as stated. also be sure all batteries you own have been updated.

Yup, landing pad defo helps.

Great things in more than one way and cheap.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules