Max SD Card for Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller?
7098 9 2019-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
merics
lvl.1
United States

Hello forum, just upgrade from Spark to big leagues, M2P w/Smart Controller. Could you please provide max SD cards for each device?

Thanks in advance!
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Smart Controller Support microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3. For reference, please see the attached image below. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2019-1-29
Use props
merics
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-29 11:51
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Smart Controller Support microSD cards with a capacity of up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3. For reference, please see the attached image below. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

[view_image]

Awesome! Much appreciate the response..........
2019-1-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

merics Posted at 1-29 11:53
Awesome! Much appreciate the response..........

You're most welcome. Happy flying!
2019-1-29
Use props
daxxxy
New

United States

Hi DJI Natalia, how many sd cards to I need to fly my Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller? Do I need to get 2 sd cards of similar capacity? Or 1 is enough and I can install it to either one(drone or controller)
2019-2-4
Use props
ZX14R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83789 ft
Australia

128GB in exFAT format FAT32 is only supported to 64GB Partitions Micro SD and 2TB on PC Hard Drives. exFAT has same filesize limitations as FAT32.
FAT32 is an older file system that's largely relegated to USB flash drives and other external drives. Windows uses NTFS for its system drive, and it's also ideal for other internal drives. exFAT is a modern replacement for FAT32, and more devices support it than do NTFS — although it's not as widespread as FAT32.

2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

daxxxy Posted at 2-4 13:13
Hi DJI Natalia, how many sd cards to I need to fly my Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller? Do I need to get 2 sd cards of similar capacity? Or 1 is enough and I can install it to either one(drone or controller)

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. It's not necessarily to have two SD cards on your unit with the same capacity. However, if any case that you'll be using two different SD cards on your aircraft and the Smart remote controller, you could always choose an option where do you want to save the files depending on your preferences using the application. Hope this post would clarify your query. Please let us know if you have other concern.
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_BSZzT5vMVWLZ
lvl.1
United States

Can we add a large memory card possibly slower r/w simply for expanding the controllers storage for apps ect? Still recording form the Drone with 4k capable card?
2019-2-27
Use props
grapecrusher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212106 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
Where is the principal SD Card for the video.....in the Mavic or in the smart controller?  If in the Mavic do you then need to have one in the controller.  I have a 128 Extreme Pro that I put into the controller and switched the storage to there........it cannot be read by my Mac system.  Must I have the principal SD card in the Mavic 2.  Sorry to sound a bit dippy but I assumed you could put the SD card in either.  
2019-7-31
Use props
grapecrusher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212106 ft
  • >>>
France

Me again,  I am assuming that if there is no SD Card in the Mavic it doesn't record flights either........apparently I have only travelled 13 ft. LOL.  I think I made a boo boo!
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules