Mounting tape for IOSD mini and FPV
2374 7 2014-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcot1234
lvl.1

United States

I am wondering what brand/type of tape you recommend for mounting the IOSD Mini and a video transmitter to the Phantom 2. The FPV hub includes 3M VHB tape but there are many variaties of that tape and im not sure which one is appriopate for the Phantom. Thank you.
2014-9-19
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

The 3M VHB tape included works well if both surfaces being mated are flat (parallel planes).
The VHB tape DJI prefers is very thin to limit movement of components.
If you are mounting to a slightly curved surface on the Phantom shell, the gray 3M HD mounting tape (Lowes or Home Depot) would be an acceptable choice.
Slight movement of the iOSD mini and the VTx is not as critical as a FC or GPS puck.
2014-9-19
Use props
marcot1234
lvl.1

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-20 01:30
The 3M VHB tape included works well if both surfaces being mated are flat (parallel planes).
The VHB ...

do you have a name or link for either?Thanks
2014-9-19
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

What I'd do is use Google or Yahoo search.
"thin 3M VHB tape"
"gray 3M heavy duty double sided mounting tape"
You're as capable as I am when it comes to that...
2014-9-19
Use props
marcot1234
lvl.1

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-20 03:52
What I'd do is use Google or Yahoo search.
"thin 3M VHB tape"
"gray 3M heavy duty double sided mount ...

Thank TJ, I tried that before posting though. There are about 10 varieties of what I would consider "thin" 3m vhb tape. What I'm looking for is the product number which identifies the tape for example "3M™ VHB™ Tape 5907" or "3M™ VHB™ Tape 4914". Gray 3m heavy duty double sided tape is just as ambiguous. 3M makes many models of gray heavy duty double sided tape all with different specs. Does anybody have this info?
2014-9-20
Use props
marcot1234
lvl.1

United States

BUMP. anyone?
2014-9-20
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

I mounted my iosd inside and attached it with hot glue many flights no problems
2016-3-4
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I mounted the OSD internally and used 3M picture hanging command strips to hold it in place.  I also used the command strips to hold the anti-interference board and Immersion transmitter to the Phantom underside.  What I especially like about the picture hanging Command Strips is they have the ability to be repositioned like velcro plus the ease of removal that most double sided tapes do NOT have!

101_2863_Phantom_OSD_mod.jpg
2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules