My Mavic Air just dropped out of the sky over a river!
1882 14 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Hi Dji my mavic air just dropped out of the sky over a river for no apparent reason there was no obstacles or anything that would explain why it happened it just started spinning around and flipped and fell in the water, as there was no user error and it is only a month old will this be covered under warranty? I can send flight logs if needed... please contact me back asap
2019-2-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have to post your logs and data connected to this to determine what happened before can determine what’s next.
2019-2-2
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-2 20:44
Have to post your logs and data connected to this to determine what happened before can determine what’s next.

How do i do that?
2019-2-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

copied and pasted from a prior post:

For Android device, connect your mobile device to the PC and open the folder, then you can access the flight record in this route: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord
For iOS device, you can connect the mobile device to PC, launch iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO 4 app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
Only iOS devices have the flight record CSV files, if you need the CSV file, launch iTunes, find the DJI GO 4 app, then Documents, Export Works, ExportFlightRecords. Hope it helps

then upload the files here to share, and we can take a look.
2019-2-2
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lost a blade perhaps or battery worked loose? Logs will tell.
2019-2-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

if you use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for your unpleasant experience. Since this issue had happened, the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav and create ticket for your DJI Mavic Air. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application. If you need further assistance with your case, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

2019-2-3
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that mate
2019-2-3
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-3 06:23
Hi there, sorry for your unpleasant experience. Since this issue had happened, the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav and create ticket for your DJI Mavic Air. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application. If you need further assistance with your case, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have logged it with dji support now and have sent all the relevant data and details its being looked into now. Thankyou so much its really odd, all was well no warnings no nothing it just started spinning around then a few seconds later dropped from the sky, was like it was posessed! So devistated inspite some little issues i love my mavic air! Just hope it gets honoured under warranty as it is definitely a fly away case and was not human error, there was absolutely no obstacles around and it was flying over an open and very wide river, no wind full gps and radio signal.
2019-2-3
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

maddox Posted at 2-3 07:28
Sorry to know that mate

Yeah pretty shattered less than a month old
2019-2-3
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2-3 01:25
Lost a blade perhaps or battery worked loose? Logs will tell.

No it was still connected when it hit the water, its seemed more like it just decided to do its own thing, it literally just went haywire then dropped from the sky like a rock
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Spark in the Park Posted at 2-3 15:59
I have logged it with dji support now and have sent all the relevant data and details its being looked into now. Thankyou so much  its really odd, all was well no warnings no nothing it just started spinning around then a few seconds later dropped from the sky, was like it was posessed! So devistated inspite some little issues i love my mavic air! Just hope it gets honoured under warranty as it is definitely a fly away case and was not human error, there was absolutely no obstacles around and it was flying over an open and very wide river, no wind full gps and radio signal.

You're welcome. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation. I hope everything will be sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.
2019-2-6
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-6 16:58
You're welcome. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation. I hope everything will be sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

Thankyou, so much i am awaiting the final decision to be made at the sec,  im so heartbroken and shattered over my loss. It was literally my pride and joy. Feel so lost without my Mavic. I also do a lot of travelling and my drone is my companion for the journeys i take and love to share and blog all my footage online for others to see. I am at a loss thats for sure
2019-2-21
Use props
fans4e01f8d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4341640 ft
United States

Spark in the Park Posted at 2-21 22:12
Thankyou, so much i am awaiting the final decision to be made at the sec,  im so heartbroken and shattered over my loss. It was literally my pride and joy. Feel so lost without my Mavic. I also do a lot of travelling and my drone is my companion for the journeys i take and love to share and blog all my footage online for others to see. I am at a loss thats for sure

Something similar happened to me. Monday 2/18/2019, I had the Mavic Air out about 10,000 feet and hit return to home with 53% battery. Everything started  to work fine, then a minute or two later it went instantly from 51% to 0% and I lost all control and it went down into a wooded area from about 250 feet to the side of a mountain and was lost. I still had video feed but the controls would not respond. I could see the whole mess because it wandered around for about two minutes before falling below  the tree line.

I filed a case with DJI support and sent them the flight logs. Here is the result of the analysis:

fly045 incident time:2019-02-19 09:50:11 utc+8
SN:0K1DF4U2BDGY9Q

1.The aircraft worked under GPS mode;
2.T=07:33,H=208 m,D=2747.5 m,Battery power suddenly dropped to 0% from 51% which caused Landing triggered;
3.T=09:31,H=76.2 m,D=1958.2 m,the record ended.The last coordinate:36.9194463 -80.0399809;

Conclusion:no pilot's fault,warranty;

That was yesterday and I have not heard any since. If any DJI folks are here, I would like to know what this means.
2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans4e01f8d4 Posted at 2-22 08:56
Something similar happened to me. Monday 2/18/2019, I had the Mavic Air out about 10,000 feet and hit return to home with 53% battery. Everything started  to work fine, then a minute or two later it went instantly from 51% to 0% and I lost all control and it went down into a wooded area from about 250 feet to the side of a mountain and was lost. I still had video feed but the controls would not respond. I could see the whole mess because it wandered around for about two minutes before falling below  the tree line.

I filed a case with DJI support and sent them the flight logs. Here is the result of the analysis:

I presume it means warranty will cover your drone, because that’s what it says in B&W .
It also shows that dji will judge all warranties fairly .
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules