Firmware Udate
1633 15 2019-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_I2fXmliOXFXu
lvl.1
Italy

HI

I have not been able to download and install the latest firm ware update for the controller or aircraft, I keep getting a message to disconnect my aircraft and try again later, I have good band width on the internet and phone connect and has data as a back up, but keeps saying connect to internet.. controller fully charged, and Drone battery, guidance to what im doing wrong would be most helpful

2019-2-3
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257628 ft
Italy

You better use the dji assistant 2 software for pc, I have been updating both controller and drone for a few weeks!
All was successful

2019-2-3
Use props
djiuser_I2fXmliOXFXu
lvl.1
Italy

Luca85 Posted at 2-3 03:13
You better use the dji assistant 2 software for pc, I have been updating both controller and drone for a few weeks!
All was successful

how do i upgrade controller, using desk top ?
2019-2-3
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_I2fXmliOXFXu Posted at 2-3 03:14
how do i upgrade controller, using desk top ?

I followed this official dji tutorial, I updated without problems! You have to connect through USB cables.
Remember to charge 100% battery and drone before doing so.

2019-2-3
Use props
djiuser_I2fXmliOXFXu
lvl.1
Italy

Luca85 Posted at 2-3 03:17
I followed this official dji tutorial, I updated without problems! You have to connect through USB cables.
Remember to charge 100% battery and drone before doing so.

Your a star, thanks , updating now
2019-2-3
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_I2fXmliOXFXu Posted at 2-3 03:21
Your a star, thanks , updating now

It's a pleasure, good flights
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. Luca85 is correct, you can update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic by following the video tutorial on pot #4. Just in case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-2-3
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 665965 ft
Denmark

Luca85 Posted at 2-3 03:13
All was successful

I fly Android and have the same problem each time the updates pop up, used to go by the assistent, but found it a bit time consuming, now I just connect the controller to My wife's Ipad, update, change back to My Android and fly. If You have an Ios-device I would recommend You to try.
2019-2-3
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Italy

Headcase81 Posted at 2-3 20:50
I fly Android and have the same problem each time the updates pop up, used to go by the assistent, but found it a bit time consuming, now I just connect the controller to My wife's Ipad, update, change back to My Android and fly. If You have an Ios-device I would recommend You to try.

Thanks for the advice, at the moment I only have android and I'm not having any problem or popup warning in the app, once updated do not go out anymore.

Good flights
2019-2-5
Use props
romeo.cormier
lvl.2
Canada

I'm also having problems with my Mavic Zoom since updating the firmware, both on the Remote Controler and the Drone. I have followed the instructions on the video that DJI has online, but the problems are the same: not allowing me to choose either Photo or Video; not recognizing the content on my SD card; insisting that I format the card while I was updating.
After  a few trials, the Photo option becomes available and I take a few photos while the drone is ON and on the ground. Then I get two messages: ''Connection Error. Tap to Reload Files''. The second message reads: ''Files have not been recorded to the SD Card.''

I have a useless drone at this point. Can anyone propose another solution beside the one on DJI's video?
Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

romeo.cormier@g Posted at 2-5 16:29
I'm also having problems with my Mavic Zoom since updating the firmware, both on the Remote Controler and the Drone. I have followed the instructions on the video that DJI has online, but the problems are the same: not allowing me to choose either Photo or Video; not recognizing the content on my SD card; insisting that I format the card while I was updating.
After  a few trials, the Photo option becomes available and I take a few photos while the drone is ON and on the ground. Then I get two messages: ''Connection Error. Tap to Reload Files''. The second message reads: ''Files have not been recorded to the SD Card.''

Is it possible that your card is not working right.  Maybe try a different one or just remove it for a test.  See if it allows you to switch between picture and video - even if you don't take any initially - just test.  
2019-2-6
Use props
romeo.cormier
lvl.2
Canada

ff22 Posted at 2-6 08:47
Is it possible that your card is not working right.  Maybe try a different one or just remove it for a test.  See if it allows you to switch between picture and video - even if you don't take any initially - just test.

OK, I will try that approach. I must say that I did receive a recent message saying the SD card was too slow. I'm now using a 64 Gb nextech card, Class 10, U1.

I have read on this blog that the SandDisk Class 10, U3 is one of the best.
Do you have a suggestion for a  new card?

Now, assuming we solving the storage problem, I will probably still have the problem of not being able to change from Photo to Video mode.

Thank you for suggestion.
2019-2-6
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Italy

romeo.cormier@g Posted at 2-6 09:26
OK, I will try that approach. I must say that I did receive a recent message saying the SD card was too slow. I'm now using a 64 Gb nextech card, Class 10, U1.

I have read on this blog that the SandDisk Class 10, U3 is one of the best.

Hi,
I use this with my mavic 2 zoom, no slowdown is perfect for 4k.

Sandisk extreme Pro 64gb Class 10 U3

Luca
2019-2-6
Use props
romeo.cormier
lvl.2
Canada

Luca85 Posted at 2-6 13:08
Hi,
I use this with my mavic 2 zoom, no slowdown is perfect for 4k.

That's great, Luca. It confirms what I had read previously. I have ordered one through Amazon.  Not available in my small Canadian city.

Thank you for the suggestion. I shall now await for the delivery.
In the meantime, I will try a flight without a card - the drone has 16 Gb of internal memory.

I will report back soon.
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_abBgWF8GzOfA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6135 ft
Slovenia

I'm a new M2Z user, only for two days. I've updated drone and rc through pc dji assistant program. I have android S7 edge. 4.3.12 version go 4 app.
1. I realised there is no option to turn off "charge my phone via rc". Where is this setting?
2. Today a warning poped saying inconsistent firmware. I learned it is about battery firmware. I didn't click update cuz battery was low. I charged it and powered on to do update. Now there is no warning. I can't find anywhere. How can I update my battery?
2019-2-8
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_abBgWF8GzOfA Posted at 2-8 17:04
I'm a new M2Z user, only for two days. I've updated drone and rc through pc dji assistant program. I have android S7 edge. 4.3.12 version go 4 app.
1. I realised there is no option to turn off "charge my phone via rc". Where is this setting?
2. Today a warning poped saying inconsistent firmware. I learned it is about battery firmware. I didn't click update cuz battery was low. I charged it and powered on to do update. Now there is no warning. I can't find anywhere. How can I update my battery?

I think if you go to the 3 dots at the bottom of the upper right hand corner menu, there is a tab talking about info on the drone and you can check for updates there. Otherwise, I would use DJI assistant.
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules