Rollback firmware to version 1.1.8?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benjaman.walter
lvl.1

United States

I have been having FPV lag with my P3 Pro since day one. After searching through this forum over and over and reading about all of us poor Android users experiencing the same lag issues, I've come to the conclusion that the newest firmware, 1.1.9, seems to be the culprit. Any takers on that?

I've also been reading that the previous firmware seemed to work quite well and users were not experiencing this lag. I was able to find the previous firmware version - 1.1.8.  Does anyone know if it's possible to rollback the firmware to this version?  And if it is - how?

http://download.dji-innovations. ... mware_v1.1.8_en.zip

Thanks all.
2015-6-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not user downgradable.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-5
Use props
jgraham103
lvl.1

United States

I'm still on v.1.1.8 with Samsung galaxy tab s 8.4 with lollipop 5.02 and have serious lag after about 5 min of flying. So bad I can't use fpv even to frame a shot. After I landed yesterday afternoon from a 6 min flight, I rolled the gimbal up and it took 4 to 5 sec to update the display. Tried filming my buddy on a jet ski last weekend and so many video shots that I see his wake but he's not in the frame. It's like using a gopro, again, with no idea what you're getting until you play it back. I would swear I didn't notice that kind of lag on kit Kat 4.4.2 but I've seen people posting on here that they are seeing it on kit kat, too. It seems like the more flights I take, the worse it gets. I'm on about 70 flights now. I know there's been some discussion on GPS aqusition being the culprit and it does happen much worse in GPS mode. Wonder if it's something like the number of log files on that internal SD card keeping so much info, it can't keep up. I'm so disappointed because I'm going to the Canadian Rockies next week and was hoping to take some video hiking up there...don't worry, Ive read all the Canadian rules and regulations and only plan on using it in non built up areas and will make sure I won't be scaring any wildlife.
2015-6-5
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have lags and have an earlier firmware (1.1.8) - it's mostly to do (IMHO) with the device and other processes that may be running on it in addition to other things (settings, etc.) in the Pilot App.

Video hiking?

Maybe it's because of the last couple years I've fiddled with these things, but I would never ever rely on FPV or my camera to know where the drone is/was. IMHO, it's for framing shots and video. A secondary use is you can use it when the bird is a certain distance away to know which way it is facing (to bring it home, etc.).

But, yeah, it would be a lot of those log files, saved flights, android stuff which shouldn't be running, etc.

Who knows...I haven't flown enough (maybe 18 flights) to really know whether it happened before and to what level.
Now that we are all looking, someone is going to find the solution(s).....maybe turning the data rate down, using a "kill all other" app to get rid of ghost apps taking CPU, etc.
2015-6-5
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

get a split second of lag on the galaxy tab 4 10.1 not an issue fly completely using fpv with a rain cover over the screen and my head for shade,  until the goggles are out
2015-6-5
Use props
benjaman.walter
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the input on the 1.1.8 firmware. I won't spend anymore time attempting to downgrade to that firmware version. So I borrowed the wife's iPhone 6 and I didn't have any lag at all. A couple jitters due to a weak signal, but other than that it was great. The Samsung is lagging badly between the 8 min and 7 min battery left mark quite consistently. Hope DJI releases a fix soon. It's not ideal for FPV due to the size, but at least I have access to the wife's iPhone.
2015-6-5
Use props
jgraham103
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-6 04:58
I have lags and have an earlier firmware (1.1.8) - it's mostly to do (IMHO) with the device and othe ...

Just to be clear here. This is all about framing the subject. I mainly use fpv to see what I'm shooting. I mean this is a highly technical drone that has a decent camera. If I can't use the features to aquire decent video shots, why would I pay $1000 for it. The way this functions now, Its not much of a step up from the basic model phantom with a gopro attached, with the exception of the gimbal. Don't get me wrong, if I crashed it today, I'd be scouring the Internet for hobby shops that have them in stock and order another one as soon as my tears dry. I'm just hoping this can be solved with firmware updates that don't take months to be released.
2015-6-7
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

jgraham103 Posted at 2015-6-7 19:25
Just to be clear here. This is all about framing the subject. I mainly use fpv to see what I'm sho ...

Did you flush and turn off video cache?
Check other background processes?

As far as the value, I can only compare it to what I could buy as separate pieces - the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and a GoPro 4 would cost me about $1200 and then I'd have to add FPV and Telemetry - and have terrible lag and range all the time.

I'd pay $1K for a Phantom even if is showed 10fps and had a 1 second lag simply because it's still a lot less than anything with the same technology. If it wasn't...I'd buy elsewhere.

But, yeah, lots of people now reporting that they have fixed it with various steps to make certain all settings are right and CPU use is lower, etc.

If you download that Zapper or similar program you can see exactly how much CPU is being used by other processes, which is a good window into what may be happening.

I upgraded to 1.1.9 last night...gonna go our right now and fly and see if anything changed.
I got lag on 1.1.8 - but only because I have a low-end device....very low end.

The stutters don't bother me - but that 3-5 second lag should be rare. It almost sounds like a bad channel in the lightbridge.
2015-6-7
Use props
benjaman.walter
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I turned off everything I could think of with the Samsung - Airplane Mode, uninstalled as much crap as I could, disabled as many Samsung bloatware apps as possible.  Nothing seemd to work. This weekend I ended up doing the unthinkable - bought an iPad mini 3... I've flown about a half dozen times with it now and it's been great. I have not installed anything else on it.  Opened it up - set it up and installed the pilot app.  That's it. Fingers crossed.  I must say it's a MUCH more enjoyable experience flying with a working FPV. I can tell exactly what I'm shooting at!
2015-6-9
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

I'm on the newest firmware and use a S5 lollipop with no lag.  Only problem im having is the rare blip of signal loss to fpv.  Usually once for about a second during every other battery.  Sorry you are having the problems.  
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules