Will DJI come up with 250g drones?
4830 26 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Hey! With new drones regulations popping everywhere, do you believe that DJI will come up with a descent drone under 250g? And I'm not talking about a cheap entry toy drone, more of a 100mbit 4k with gimbal drone! What do you guys think? Beeing able to fly over people and close to buildings legally would be so good.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really appreciate you for being interested in DJI Product. With regards to your concern as of the moment, we don't have any information yet from our engineer if there's any plan making a less weight Aircraft that will fit with the Drone regulation If ever there will be a possibility it will be posted from our website. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-5
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 12:15
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really appreciate you for being interested in DJI Product. With regards to your concern as of the moment, we don't have any information yet from our engineer if there's any plan making a less weight Aircraft that will fit with the Drone regulation If ever there will be a possibility it will be posted from our website. Thank you for your support.

Yes of course I'm just "speculating" good day
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nicoricosancho Posted at 2-5 12:39
Yes of course I'm just "speculating"  good day

I understand you about that If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!
2019-2-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

No good, too light, will get blown all over the place. Forget about stable image.
2019-2-5
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Maxi3D Posted at 2-5 13:30
No good, too light, will get blown all over the place. Forget about stable image.

True that, would need to fly under perfect conditions
2019-2-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-5
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-5 17:13
I the US a drone that size dosen't have to be registered but as far as I know you are still subject to the flying rules (not over crowds ect).

Nop it doesn't apply to drones under 250grams
2019-2-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-5
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

No, if there is a powerful drone under 250 grams, there would probably new regulations that restrict it.
2019-2-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Is 250-grams empty weight?  Or after filling batteries with electrons?
2019-2-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

IcannotThinkOfAName Posted at 2-5 18:36
No, if there is a powerful drone under 250 grams, there would probably new regulations that restrict it.

I tend to agree with you.
2019-2-6
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2-6 06:58
I tend to agree with you.

Nop since it already exists (FPV quads) and they are powerful
2019-2-6
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-5 19:27
Is 250-grams empty weight?  Or after filling batteries with electrons?

2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Nicoricosancho Posted at 2-6 23:48
Nop since it already exists (FPV quads) and they are powerful

But are definitely not stable.
2019-2-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

IcannotThinkOfAName Posted at 2-5 18:36

Yup! Agree with that
2019-2-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Perhaps reverse battery leads and fill batteries with Positrons, thus making drones even lighter when fully charged?  
2019-2-7
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

The "dji" trello is ~80g

2019-2-7
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 03:08
But are definitely not stable.

you what, have you flown any fpv quads?

2019-2-7
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Ridg Posted at 2-7 08:58
The "dji" trello is ~80g

This is a toy drone ..
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Ridg Posted at 2-7 08:59
you what, have you flown any fpv quads?

Couple of various tiny whoops, wildcat, wizard x220, bugs 3 mini, vortex 250, couple of DIY ones... so not too many really.  None of them can be considered stable at least by definition of majority of users here who struggle even with ultra stable atti and self leveling.
2019-2-7
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Have a couple light drones, and they are what made me go heavier and get the MPP.  Breezes will push the light weight ones around, BUT - when it is calm, they fly very nicely.  I actually would prefer to see Dji bring out a 20lb sophisticated electric HELICOPTER, if they did, I would be the first in line to get one  Heavier is easier to fly.
2019-2-7
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

Looks like the tech is already out there. http://www.thedrive.com/the-war- ... -operations-forever

It weighs about 33 grams.

...and apparently, it can withstand "some" turbulent wind.
2019-2-7
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 10:47
Couple of various tiny whoops, wildcat, wizard x220, bugs 3 mini, vortex 250, couple of DIY ones... so not too many really.  None of them can be considered stable at least by definition of majority of users here who struggle even with ultra stable atti and self leveling.

ha ha ha yes, If you're going by the average consumer drone user then no they are not stable but when you consider an F4 or even F3 board with GPS you can get a perfectly workable sub 250g quad.  The main issue is the or lack of it but this could be compensated for by the pilot but then we're back to the average consumer drone user problem :-)
2019-2-8
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Ridg Posted at 2-8 07:09
ha ha ha yes, If you're going by the average consumer drone user then no they are not stable but when you consider an F4 or even F3 board with GPS you can get a perfectly workable sub 250g quad.  The main issue is the or lack of it but this could be compensated for by the pilot but then we're back to the average consumer drone user problem :-)

I guess average DJI consumer fiddling with betaflight could be some really hilarious scene.
2019-2-8
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Doc Ozzy Posted at 2-7 19:01
Looks like the tech is already out there. http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26359/the-pocket-sized-black-hornet-drone-is-about-to-change-army-operations-forever

It weighs about 33 grams.

Great little machine. FLIR and no geofencing! I want one
2019-2-8
Use props
marcovth
lvl.1
Canada

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/micro-drone-4-0-affordably-priced-under-200/x/15704243#/
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules