Slow Support
1067 14 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kparrish18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404232 ft
United States

I have had a Fly-away case in for about a month now.  This is my second one which was due to a compass error and watching my beloved Spark fly away without the ability to control it.  Has anyone else had a similar experience recently?  This has been beyond frustrating.
2019-2-5
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

You should provide more info about the flyaway.
2019-2-5
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Mine was a  Care Refresh replacement which took almost 3 weeks, which is good for warranty work for that type of gear here.
2019-2-5
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

First of all sorry for your lose. I've created the poll on this issue: https://forum.dji.com/thread-176177-1-1.html?
You can share your experience in the comment section of the poll so other members of the Forum and DJI engineers could be aware.
2019-2-5
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-5 13:11
Mine was a  Care Refresh replacement which took almost 3 weeks, which is good for warranty work for that type of gear here.

Excuse me, but when did it happen?
Screenshot_20190205-231701.jpg
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi kparrish18. We're sorry for what happened with your DJI Spark. I know that is really frustrating to know to wait for the results. I managed to pull up the case, I will formally ask for assistance to get an update with this. Rest assured that this will be handled accordingly. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Appreciate your patience.
2019-2-5
Use props
kparrish18
lvl.2
United States

ssylca44 Posted at 2-5 12:58
You should provide more info about the flyaway.

Here are the details of the flight:  Flying at about 300 ft above my house for about 9 minutes.  I did a Quick Shot and about 4 seconds after that I experienced a Yaw Error which was then followed by a Speed Error.  At this point I had lost the ability to control the Spark.  After that a series of Yaw Error messages then followed by a Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode; Yaw Error.  Then more Yaw Errors then this: IMU heading error. Please restart the aircraft.; Yaw Error. Then the slow drift began with more Yaw Errors. At  this point My altitude was still about 300 ft but the distance from home began to increase - slowly  from 60 ft to 100 ft. Still receiving Yaw Errors as the distance got greater and greater.  At 1184 ft i got this error: Command Timeout; Yaw Error.  Followed by more Yaw Errors then at 1256 ft this: Abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.; Yaw Error. Then more Yaw Errors then at 1343 ft  this: Command Timeout; Yaw Error.  More Yaw errors then at 2126 ft this: Downlink Restored (after 0m 2.5s); Yaw Error.  More Yaw Errors then finally this:Abnormal compass function or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode.; Yaw Error then this: Downlink Restored (after 0m 1.6s); Yaw Error to be followed by four more Yaw Errors and no contact after that.
2019-2-5
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

I've had 2. one broken remote case, and one faulty battery case. Both very quick, I think the remote was returned in less than 2 weeks including shipping which was 3 days each way
2019-2-5
Use props
kparrish18
lvl.2
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-5 13:18
Excuse me, but when did it happen?[Image]

January 5, 2019
2019-2-5
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-5 13:18
Excuse me, but when did it happen?

My Spark went for a swim August 2018. It was no fly away, it was pilot error. I accidentally pressed the land button instead of the RTH button. Unfortunately it was low over water at the time.
2019-2-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-6 00:52
My Spark went for a swim August 2018. It was no fly away, it was pilot error. I accidentally pressed the land button instead of the RTH button. Unfortunately it was low over water at the time.

Sounds pretty sad. I always try to move with huge precaution over water exactly because of posibility wrong jerky actions from myself.
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

May I ask what version of DJI Go 4 &  the device (IOS/Android)  you were using at the time?   It makes a difference between versions of DJI Go 4 within my experience. Older versions work better for Spark & most devices with limited resources. Can you share the flight logs from the device or Spark?
If I try the latest version on DJI Go 4, I loose connection at random distances within 30 m , If I use the old version from 12 months ago, I can fly perfect LOS for 500 m above ground. After that I can't see Spark, but still have a good signal. I don't understand why it changes with new versions of DJI Go 4. Maybe the newer versions are too power hungry?
Good luck & best wishes...
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

How's the situation with sun flares in your area?
2019-2-6
Use props
kparrish18
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-5 13:19
Hi kparrish18. We're sorry for what happened with your DJI Spark. I know that is really frustrating to know to wait for the results. I managed to pull up the case, I will formally ask for assistance to get an update with this. Rest assured that this will be handled accordingly. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your help! They contacted me today and said the Spark is covered under warranty and will be replaced.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

kparrish18 Posted at 2-6 15:34
Thank you for your help! They contacted me today and said the Spark is covered under warranty and will be replaced.

Hi there. That is good news! I hope I was able to help you in my own little way. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to help.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules