Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79495 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Alright guys please help!!!

I don't know what to do anymore. My Inspire 1 has been acting up spastically over the last 15-20 flights now. After going through standard pre-flight checklists and making sure firmware, IMU, batteries and remote are all good my flights have been a mix of excellence and complete chaos.

I find the I1 will all of a sudden begin "sticking" as in if I'm travelling one way then let go of the remote it will continue to go the same way even though I let go. I then try and thrust the other way and it will be in a fight with itself and basically hover as it is trying to go hard one way but being told to go the other.

Today's flight it was flying fine for the first ten minutes then it darted one way. I attempted to correct it but it kept going. This being the 7-8 time it's done this I didn't panic. I applied the fail safe. It continued to go the same way for another 1000 meters or so before finally stabalizing and flying itself home prefectly without incident. This has occurred in every setting from downtown Ottawa to a wide open field so it can't be the location. Usually when it acts up it will go into what I call a "death spin" where it just quickly does 360 while its still flying in one direction (scarriest thing to watch lol).  I DONT GET IT LOL!!!!

I tried everything from calibrating IMU, updating all firmware, taking to new locations and it still does this randomly.
I'll load the flight paths if someone can guide me through that, there kind of funny.

What can I do?

Thanks!

2015-6-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

What about RC calibration?
2015-6-5
Use props
f1
lvl.2

United States

Perhaps you could post a video of your flight log.  If you are on an iPad be sure and display the control inputs.
2015-6-5
Use props
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Ill take a look at the RC calibration but as far as I know it's good. Whats the easiest way to post the flight logs?
2015-6-6
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I´m curious ...

Can you get the same behavior in the simulator ?
2015-6-6
Use props
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

No I can't. I took it out today after calibrating the RC, GPS, IMU and it's flying diagonally when I push straight ahead. I noticed it on the first flight. Brought it in and re-calibrated the RC and on the second flight same thing and it got into the same routine where it began flying itself in one direction as though the controller got stuck. I'm stumped! I'm getting my second Inspire one Tuesday so I'm just gonna send it into the DJI black hole for the summer to get looked at and get it back in the fall.

BRUTAL!
2015-6-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

jamesramsay81@h Posted at 2015-6-7 04:45
No I can't. I took it out today after calibrating the RC, GPS, IMU and it's flying diagonally when I ...

It sounds like you are in IOC mode...Is the mode switch on P-GPS or IOC?
2015-6-7
Use props
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

P-GPS mode. I'm being told by a local "expert" is a faulty compass. Thoughts?
2015-6-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

James,

I think you need to get it checked properly by DJI.  Something is not right there.  Get it checked before you lose it completely or it crashes out of control.  Better be safe.
2015-6-8
Use props
jamesramsay81
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks GB44, I agree. I've since grounded it until DJI looks at it. Just sucks losing the bird for the summer.
2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules