How to stop RC from charging my Note9
443 7 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jordan Yuen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

Just bought a MA, and realized this issue has been going on for a while. Does anyone know a work around?

Besides using a portable power bank, rooting, and cutting altering the cable wires.

2019-2-7
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

It's not possible. I made a thread myself and there are plenty of others. It won't happen most likely. With the newest firmware update you can use three drone batteries before the RC battery is drained out, so it's acceptable that the RC is charging the phone. Kind of.
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

You imposed too many restrictions so really hard to be creative with solving your problem.
2019-2-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

No, and don,t think DJI would change that soon on the DJI Go app and Android. Wire cutting does not work. I use a small powerbank connected to the side input, phone connected to bottom usb. I normally fly around 5 batteries per go on that.
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_4Vb3bRsU9GtZ
New

Italy

how can I charge my iphone 6 with the mavic air remote control?
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don't have any option to stop it since the Android phone needs on-going 500mA to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the Charging mode. I hope you understand. Best regards!
2019-2-7
Use props
Jordan Yuen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 09:03
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we don't have any option to stop it since the Android phone needs on-going 500mA to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the Charging mode. I hope you understand. Best regards!

Hi, thank you all for the responses. Can you explain more in detail what do you mean it needs constant 500mah for android devices to connect usbs?
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jordan Yuen Posted at 2-7 10:55
Hi, thank you all for the responses. Can you explain more in detail what do you mean it needs constant 500mah for android devices to connect usbs?

Ok, meaning it's needed to have a small amount of current just to maintain transferring in/out of the data from the remote to the device vice versa. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules