982 4 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayRyanCda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112936 ft
Canada

Hey folks,

Of all the hair brained reasons for needing support help, this was not one I thought would ever be needed, but here's the story...

We had guests at our home and the kids (tweenagers) wanted to use my PC to play games...  Now, without thinking or remembering I was doing some disk partitioning for a client, and with the Mavic air connected to retrieve video...  Guess what I came back to...

The highlighted entry is the Mavic Air's Internal memory and the one below is my 16GB SD...

Pic=1000words

Pic=1000words

Both internal and the SD card are wiped...  No partitions, not even readable by the partition software.  It sees the memory as physical drives but states "Not Ready"  Any clues as to how to rectify it?  Data loss isn't a concern, just usability.  Any help that saves me from sending it to DJI is greatly appreciated!!

Jay
PS - I did buy the extra 'covers even stupid' warranty, but didn't plan on using it for this!
2019-2-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ooof... Thats rough. I am not sure how to rectify this kind of situation, the only interface I have dealt with that looks like this is on a VM. All I could say is perhaps try doing a factory reset if possible and hope for the best, again this is an extraordinary case so I am uncertain how to assist.
Side note: Perhaps theirs a way to configure the Storage in that interface? Again, not an expert with these sort of things and not entirely sure how this could even had happened.
2019-2-10
Use props
JayRyanCda
lvl.1
Canada

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-10 22:35
Ooof... Thats rough. I am not sure how to rectify this kind of situation, the only interface I have dealt with that looks like this is on a VM. All I could say is perhaps try doing a factory reset if possible and hope for the best, again this is an extraordinary case so I am uncertain how to assist.
Side note: Perhaps theirs a way to configure the Storage in that interface? Again, not an expert with these sort of things and not entirely sure how this could even had happened.

Yes, rough indeed...  The screen shot you see is a disk/memory utility, but meant for Hard Disk Drives USB Thumb Drives, and other external media connected with a Windows computer.

Good news...  The SD card works fine in the card slot on my laptop!  I'm still worried about internal storage though....   I'll try the factory reset and see what that yields.  Thanks for the tip.

J
2019-2-11
Use props
JayRyanCda
lvl.1
Canada

No-go on the factory reset...    
2019-2-11
Use props
JayRyanCda
lvl.1
Canada

JayRyanCda Posted at 2-11 15:41
No-go on the factory reset...

Thanks to all of those who took the time to read my post!  Thanks especially @AlphaFlightNW for giving a place to start...  Turns out after two format attempts, the third was successful and the internal memory has reformatted correctly and is the full advertised capacity.  Will try the same with the SD when I get it home tomorrow.

J
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules