8242 17 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spycorfu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Tried dji new waypoints 2.0 update yesterday but was really lucking on feautures on very bugy compared to the refined and perfect experience of using the Litchi app for waypoints.
I have been using litchi for many years and so far djis waypoints mode has a lot of ground to cover to reach litchis perfect app.
My problem is installing litchi on the smart controller as there is no google play support.
Has anyone tried installing it sideways sucesfully?
Amazon store has the option to install the app but i have already paid for it on google play store, so i am not payint another 30 euros for it.
if anyone has any updates from litchi please let us all know!
Maybe DJI should consider buying litchi and just copy all its features!
2019-2-10
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, we're all waiting on Litchi to release an update for the Smart Controller.
You can install Amazon marketplace on the controller which allows you to install Litchi (after purchasing it again), however I wouldnt bother as Litchi does install but it does not connect to the drone. A little patience on this one I think as await an update.

2019-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi video below will show you how to download apps from google, I have contacted litchi regarding app update for SRC , they emailed me back to say they couldn’t update until dji released sdk , so looks like we will have to wait until whenever dji decides to release.

2019-2-16
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-16 14:37
Hi video below will show you how to download apps from google, I have contacted litchi regarding app update for SRC , they emailed me back to say they couldn’t update until dji released sdk , so looks like we will have to wait until whenever dji decides to release.

https://youtu.be/k3HDK-ahkaM

I just grabbed Litchi via Amazon, mainly for my Mavic Air, but I also loaded it on my Smart Controller for my Mavic 2 Pro (my primary drone). Here we are in mid April and DJI either hasn't shared the SDK or Litchi hasn't used it to fix the communication issue... I'd like to just use Litchi as I can plan missions on my PC and use them later (unlike Waypoints 2.0).
2019-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_y8kWGu1f5iT5 Posted at 4-17 05:10
DJI says they have changes their plans. No longer do they plan on allowing Litchi to work on the smart RC (see attached). Disgusting that they lied when they sold the product.

See attached what ?

And what did they lie about Litchi App ?
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_y8kWGu1f5iT5 Posted at 4-17 13:39
I am trying to attach the email they sent me. It said they now decided they won’t allow any 3rd party apps like Litchi. They lied because up until now they said they had no problem releasing the SDK for Litchi.

you should read that again, it doesn't  say it won't support third party apps in the future, we already know it doesn't support litchi now because it hasn't released SDK yet.

so I suppose the question to pose should have been , will dpi release sdk sometime in the future .

I never seen anywhere dJi saying they would or would not release SDK
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RogerChan Posted at 4-17 14:18
Well I call them and they say smart RC WILL not support apps that will control drone. Please don’t be shill and assume DJI can do no wrong. You can call to confirm as well.

Roger

I don't need to call anyone, if dji don't release sdk then they don't , but I didn't buy SRC because dji said they would release sdk and I didn't buy it because they said it would work with litchi, because I know as well as you know that it was never said.
if you can show me where it says it will release sdk and SRC would be compatible with litchi then thats fine,
I'm no shill and I don't go around making up stuff so maybe show us where dji said this. I take it you don't even own a SRC as it doesn't show under your avatar.
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RogerChan Posted at 4-17 14:48
Just because you don’t care about DJI lying because you are still doesn’t mean that other didn’t buy smart RC believing DJI would allow Litchi to be supported. Here is an email response from when I asked them if they would release SDK AND support Litchi. But like blind fanboi you will defend and make excuse. That is definition of shill. [view_image]
Btw- this response was 6 weeks ago.

what a complete fool you are, its like talking to the wall, you don't believe this email but you believe the second one.
Hobson's choice I think they call it, again I'm not sure why your making such a fuss here you don't even own a SRC.

Skip along now, your obviously trying to cause trouble.
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RogerChan Posted at 4-17 15:02
Of course I own smart RC. Why do you think I have those emails sent from me and post here. Duh. You don’t like it when you are exposed as shill. You run along now Mr Shill.

As I said Hobson’s choice .
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RogerChan Posted at 4-17 15:11
DJI says- smart RC will support Litchi soon. Then 2 months later- we changed mind. You bought controller. But now we won’t do what we said.

That’s called “lying”. Or “manipulative behavior”. Considering people make decision often on what company promises.

2 emails say it’s coming 1 says it’s not supported, I’d be inclined to believe the two , but there’s no telling what kind of clowns there are around here LMAO ......
2019-4-17
Use props
fans7e3458f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1268898 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

same here, same here

2019-4-23
Use props
fans3d7e7463
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1339793 ft
  • >>>
United States

I set up dual controller mode with smart controller as prime and my OEM controller with iPad as secondary controller.  

I ran Litchi on the iPad and successfully started a Litchi waypoint mission which I then monitored with my smart controller.   For me, no longer a need to pay for.or I stall.Litchi on.my smart controller.
2019-4-23
Use props
SujSukh
New

United States

what setting did you change? i am new at this. trying to figure that out.  I am trying to connect the samsung phone with litchi app on it. but cannot make it connect.
2019-5-27
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

It seems to work now: https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors
2019-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 5-28 08:40

Tested today, working fine, still one problem with 5D button , but other than that perfect .
2019-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 5-28 08:40

Tested today, working fine, still one problem with 5D button , but other than that perfect .
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hopefully they fix the Shutter and the 5D button quickly, use it for the light settings for the Mavic 2 Zoom
2019-6-1
Use props
fans985f1674
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52638 ft
Germany

when will they finally fix this?
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules