1577 6 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans83b350f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7001 ft
Hungary

Hello,

I have a question Mavic Air Compass calibration.
The second move/ position - the picture (DJI GO) shows the drone on its side but the user manual says point the nose down. No?

In the second position should the drone be rotated on its side or the camera down? It's not clear! The instruction manual also shows the DJI GO software as well.

Thanks for your help!

2019-2-13
Use props
fans83b350f9
lvl.1
Hungary

2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to know about this situation, may we know if you manage to calibrate the compass of your drone using the instruction on the application? Please let us know for us to update our manual in any case that the instruction would be incorrect. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-13
Use props
fans83b350f9
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 12:45
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry to know about this situation, may we know if you manage to calibrate the compass of your drone using the instruction on the application? Please let us know for us to update our manual in any case that the instruction would be incorrect. Thank you for continued support.

Dear Tony,

I managed to calibrate the compass so that the drone is turned to its side and is rotated counterclockwise.
But is it not a problem that the drone is not looking at the earth with the camera, but I rotate it around the side as it is on the picture? There's also a person on Youtube who calibrates the camera to the ground, who is around the drone on its side.
I guess if the software accepts the calibration, is it so good? Whether the drone is on its side or the camera is facing the ground?

Thank you!
2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It doesn’t matter which way you hold it can be noes up down to the side, it will still calibrate.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans83b350f9 Posted at 2-13 12:51
Dear Tony,

I managed to calibrate the compass so that the drone is turned to its side and is rotated counterclockwise.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, if the process is incorrect the application would notify you to re-calibrate again the compass, however, the compass calibration should be done in a recommended environment wherein there are no interferences to have a better calibration. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-2-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

there are two planes, level,, and, upright, think of the craft affixed to a plane, and it can rotate on it too, doesnt matter, just so long you've covered two independent planes
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules