11891 11 2019-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
White Heron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17116 ft
United States

Greetings Osmo fans,

I stupidly lost the power cord that comes with the Pocket Osmo and I am having a very hard time replacing it.

We ordered a new cord on Amazon, and when it came it was labeled as an OSMO pocket charger, but was a USB-C and did not fit.  The seller gave a refund and apologized,

I called the DJI store in NYC and they told me it was the same cord that goes to a Macbook pro?  I am pretty sure that makes no sense.

SO I ordered the Osmo Pocket Expansion kit so that I could plug the Osmo into the wireless module, thinking that would connect using a micro usb, BUT IT TAKES THE SAME CHARGE CORD!

HOW CAN I REPLACE THE CHARGE CORD and charge the OSMO without the cord that comes with it??

Thank you so much for any help.

I miss using the Osmo and have tried for 2 weeks to solve this problem.
Why would they create a proprietary port and then not make the cord available?
What am I missing?

THANK YOU !!

Kate

2019-2-14
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use one of this and have no problem charging the OP on it's own or through the wireless adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SLW4DJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-2-14
Use props
White Heron
lvl.1
United States

How do you connect the wireless adapter to power?  
The adapter requires a power cord that is the same as the power cord that comes with the Osmo pocket, and that is what I am missing.  It does not come with the wireless adapter.
2019-2-14
Use props
White Heron
lvl.1
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 2-14 07:51
I use one of this and have no problem charging the OP on it's own or through the wireless adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071SLW4DJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you.  I ordered one of those, I hope it  solves the problem.

What "type" of cord works, do you know what it is called?
2019-2-14
Use props
White Heron
lvl.1
United States

Thanks I ordered one of those I hope it helps~
2019-2-14
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

White Heron Posted at 2-14 08:00
Thank you.  I ordered one of those, I hope it  solves the problem.

What "type" of cord works, do you know what it is called?

The plug on the OP is a USB-C the difference between USB-C and Micro-USB is that USB-C have rounded edges and does not have orientation while Micro-USB have tapered edges and can only be inserted one way.
2019-2-14
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

The cord that comes with the Osmo pocket is a USB Type-C to USB-A.  DJI recommends only using their cable, but you can use any USB Type-C to USB-A cord to charge your osmo pocket.  Now, some forum members have had issues charging their osmo pocket using third party cables when charging the camera with via the wireless module.  I honestly have not had any issues with third party cables.  You can walk in to Best Buy or Target and get a USB Type-C to USB-A cord to test it out and if it works great if not you can always return it.  I lost my original cable and have used cheap cables since then without a problem.  
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your question, the cable that you need is the USB Type-C cable. Since you're looking for a replacement, we can create you a special order request for the cable, you just need to reach out one of our support channels, just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support/ then just to heads up the availability may depend in the facility. If ever you decided to push through and there are no stocks. You will be notified from your email. Best regards!
2019-2-14
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 15:44
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your question, the cable that you need is the USB Type-C cable. Since you're looking for a replacement, we can create you a special order request for the cable, you just need to reach out one of our support channels, just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support/ then just to heads up the availability may depend in the facility. If ever you decided to push through and there are no stocks. You will be notified from your email. Best regards!

The cable that you need is one with a USB type C connector on one end and a USB A connector on the other end.  This is not a USB C cable it is a hybrid cable which in the case of the one that DJI supplied with my Osmo Pocket has a USB A 2.0 connector on one end which means that only four wires are active in the cable, two for data and two for power.

When using the DJI provided cable as a charging cable it should draw a maximum of 1.5 amps while charging the Osmo Pocket.

2019-2-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The information that you received regarding the MacBook Pro cable is "partially" correct.  Apple's newest MacBook's use their version of USB-C v3.1.  You won't see it listed as USB-C because they've added something that allow data to move faster.  Their  version is labeled "Thunderbold 3"   The "partially" correct is that it has the USB-C connection at BOTH ends, meaning your charging brick needs to be USB-C as well.  IF you have a new MB Pro the Apple Charging brick and cable come with the laptop and as such you could use those chargers as well.
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 2-14 17:01
The cable that you need is one with a USB type C connector on one end and a USB A connector on the other end.  This is not a USB C cable it is a hybrid cable which in the case of the one that DJI supplied with my Osmo Pocket has a USB A 2.0 connector on one end which means that only four wires are active in the cable, two for data and two for power.

When using the DJI provided cable as a charging cable it should draw a maximum of 1.5 amps while charging the Osmo Pocket.

Yes, right and thank you for the correction forgot to mention the other end of the cable. Appreciated. Thanks!
2019-2-15
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 08:10
Yes, right and thank you for the correction forgot to mention the other end of the cable. Appreciated. Thanks!

The main point here is that the cable does not support full USB C protocol. It can't as it only has 4 of the 12 USB C protocol lines.
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules