Does anybody have a reliable source for P4P gimbal Yaw motors?
524 2 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirAspects
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461335 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hi all,

My P4P (old, out of warranty) recently had a run in with a tree, and ended up sideways in the branches.

Since then the gimbal goes to the right and just 'wobbles', with a 'gimbal motor overload' error.  

The camera is totally fine and no drone IMU/Compass errors

A few YouTube searches have matched my issue (and MANY other people's) to the gimbal yaw motor - ribbon says  'P01500.04'.

However, I cannot find a reliable source for one of these motors, as reviews seem all over the map, many saying they were sold used or already damaged items.

DJI does not sell these as spares, or make them available to DJI repair facilities  (I mean, WTH DJI?? It's a 20 min fix, $50 replacement part) I guess so they can charge $700 for a whole new gimbal unit for even the slightest easily fixable part.

As such, I just got a DJI repair quote from a local DJI facility for about $850

SO..  Has anybody else had experience of this, and can give a positive recommendation to source the P4P gimbal yaw motor

Thanks in advance

2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your unit. We've checked this with our team and unfortunately, we don't have these parts available to be sent and self-repair is not suggested if you tend to do so. Please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in for a paid repair https://www.dji.com/support since the unit is beyond the warranty period. If you have any questions, please feel free to us. We are here to help. Thank you.
2019-2-19
Use props
AirAspects
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461335 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2-19 08:43
Hi there, We are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your unit. We've checked this with our team and unfortunately, we don't have these parts available to be sent and self-repair is not suggested if you tend to do so. Please contact our support to start a case and send the drone in for a paid repair https://www.dji.com/support since the unit is beyond the warranty period. If you have any questions, please feel free to us. We are here to help. Thank you.

Hi Diana,

I was able to find a new yaw motor and repaired it (very easily) yesterday.  The gimbal is now working fine again.

It's a shame that DJI doesn't sell these $50 parts, rather trying to force people to spend $700 on a whole new gimbal for the sake of just one piece.
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules