Flawed setup for charging the controller, should be replaced free.
1379 16 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hackle53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11749 ft
United States

I am dissatisfied with the DJI Mavic Pro controller and the charging of it. After charging only three times the cable has broken. This seems to be a serious design flaw and DJI should be held responsible for the repairs or replacement of the controller! I have noticed that there have been many owners of this controller who have the very same problem! IF DJI is a reputable company, they should repair or replace every broken controller at no cost to the owner.

2019-2-22
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

Thats unfortunate, how has it become broken ? I mean is it the plug itself that has become broken, as in the cable connection bit ?
2019-2-22
Use props
Hackle53
lvl.2
United States

The small piece inside the controller has broken off completely from the controller!
2019-2-22
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hackle53 Posted at 2-22 05:27
The small piece inside the controller has broken off completely from the controller!

Oh no. Thats not good. I'd better keep my eye on that.

Has DJI offered any assistance ? there must be a kinda of warranty case here on such a new device. Especially as it seems we're testing it for them.  
2019-2-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happen to a friend of mine. Cost him 215 bucks so it's not cheap.
2019-2-22
Use props
Hackle53
lvl.2
United States

Sunstone Posted at 2-22 05:30
Oh no. Thats not good. I'd better keep my eye on that.

Has DJI offered any assistance ? there must be a kinda of warranty case here on such a new device. Especially as it seems we're testing it for them.

Have not heard from them yet, however this seems to be a problem with many of the controllers for the Mavic.
2019-2-22
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2-22 05:33
That happen to a friend of mine. Cost him 215 bucks so it's not cheap.

So.....

If people are finding that bits are dropping off this thing under normal everyday situations, then surely its a hardware fault with the device ? #NewonepleaseDJI   

2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there Hackle53, sorry to read about the issues you had with your Mavic Pro's remote controller. Kindly send in the remote and submit a ticket online . The repair facilities would be the correct department in determining if there is a product malfunction and it should be repaired or replaced under After-Sales Service Policies . If the remote has seen signs of a user error, you will receive a repair invoice and cover the repair expenses. Estimated turn-around time for the whole repair process is 5-7 days excluding shipping back and forth. Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-2-22
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Place a white dot of white out, or nail polish (your choice of color!) on the top part of the connector when it is correctly inserted into the port.
That way one does not try to insert the plug in upside down, the first cause of a broken port tab.
2019-2-22
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it the smart controller or the regular controller inside of it?
2019-2-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Flycaster Posted at 2-22 12:02
Place a white dot of white out, or nail polish (your choice of color!) on the top part of the connector when it is correctly inserted into the port.
That way one does not try to insert the plug in upside down, the first cause of a broken port tab.

It does not matter which way you plug in the USB C plug on the smart controller..
2019-2-22
Use props
Hackle53
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-22 09:26
Hi there Hackle53, sorry to read about the issues you had with your Mavic Pro's remote controller. Kindly send in the remote and submit a ticket online . The repair facilities would be the correct department in determining if there is a product malfunction and it should be repaired or replaced under After-Sales Service Policies . If the remote has seen signs of a user error, you will receive a repair invoice and cover the repair expenses. Estimated turn-around time for the whole repair process is 5-7 days excluding shipping back and forth. Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

I have bought a new controller but I plan to have my broken one repaired. It is truly a shame that such a fine drone should have such a lousy controller. Three charges and it broke. There is a defect in the construction of this controller and everyone who has this problem should get free repair or replacement of the controller!  Seeking professional help to decide what to do!
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hackle53 Posted at 2-24 15:40
I have bought a new controller but I plan to have my broken one repaired. It is truly a shame that such a fine drone should have such a lousy controller. Three charges and it broke. There is a defect in the construction of this controller and everyone who has this problem should get free repair or replacement of the controller!  Seeking professional help to decide what to do!

I understand your frustration, this is never the experience we want you to have with our product, our repair center will evaluate and take good care of it when it arrives in facility, please keep us updated with the case number if you need further assistance.
2019-2-24
Use props
Hackle53
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-24 18:47
I understand your frustration, this is never the experience we want you to have with our product, our repair center will evaluate and take good care of it when it arrives in facility, please keep us updated with the case number if you need further assistance.

I plan to have it repaired here in the United States. I am finished with DJI. I paid a lot of money for a drone that has an obvious flaw in the design of the controller. Not just me but many others have suffered the same issue and we should be treated better concerning this problem of an obvious flaw in the design. Other cables you use prohibit connecting the cable in the wrong way. Why would DJI make such a big mistake and not notify the buyers when the drone was purchased?  I am very upset.  Have a great day!!!!!!!
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hackle53 Posted at 2-26 05:51
I plan to have it repaired here in the United States. I am finished with DJI. I paid a lot of money for a drone that has an obvious flaw in the design of the controller. Not just me but many others have suffered the same issue and we should be treated better concerning this problem of an obvious flaw in the design. Other cables you use prohibit connecting the cable in the wrong way. Why would DJI make such a big mistake and not notify the buyers when the drone was purchased?  I am very upset.  Have a great day!!!!!!!

Hi Hackle53, I know that is really upsetting to know that hard-earned money purchased has a flaw and that saddens us because we don't want you to have a negative kind of impression that DJI doesn't care with their customer's concern. Let me offer my undivided attention to this but we need your cooperation by creating a ticket online . Kindly attach the proof or purchase for claiming the warranty if our technicians affirmed that it has product malfunction. On the other hand, if a users error was detected making the remote unusable or malfunctioned, a repair invoice will be sent into your email to cover the repair services. Allow us to correct the mistakes and if there is indeed a product issue. We would not hesitate to offer a free repair service if the issues were reported and verified within the warranty period. Your patience and understanding are highly valued. Thank you.
2019-2-26
Use props
Hackle53
lvl.2
United States

Your company will never admit to the problem being their fault! You need to fix this problem and make it right! No more DJI for me,........
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hackle53 Posted at 3-8 03:34
Your company will never admit to the problem being their fault! You need to fix this problem and make it right! No more DJI for me,........

Hi Hackle53, may I have your case number for better assistance?
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules