1471 7 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R.MRT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6240 ft
Spain

Hey guys,

I see that many people are having issues with the remote connector/charging port.  I also had issues myself and contacted DJI. They asked me to send them the remote which I did in the first week of January. Guess what, Today I am still waiting for them to send it back.  When they received it, they asked me to pay €115.85 to fix a manufacturing flaw (should be covered under warranty) My options? None, because if I get someone else to fix it for a reasonable price, I lose my product warranty (for whatever it’s worth).

This is quite abusive, right? It only gets worse.

So, because I’m going traveling during the month of February and was planning to do some filming I paid them the money and they tell I should have it in less than 12 days. They fix it in a day and when telling UPS the delivery address they mess up and use my address and the zip code of a different country. To date, 22 February, I’ve had endless calls and emails with them an no one has been able to confirm if they have the remote back. You would think that a company their size with which you spend €2000+ on their products would take responsibility for their mistakes, right? So did I. I asked them many times to send me a remote before I went on holidays, send me a remote while I was on holidays or help me get one from any of their distributors in the country. No sign of intention whatsoever to help. To add insult to injury, nobody knows where my remote is.

I asked for cooperation’s to solve the issue along with the three questions below:

1. How your company compensates its clients for mistakes of this kind.

2. How often you received remotes for repairs related to the micro USB charger. From the online forums, it appears to be high.

3. Whether your clients have the option to get the remote repaired at a cheaper price elsewhere without losing the product's warranty.

I mentioned I was planning to share their response:

The things you want me to comment on our confidential information, not a business in this world will, via its after-sales service, publicize information of that nature, of which I am quite sure you are aware. You don’t set a good precedent for cooperation to work on.

Stefan van den Berk

SUPERVISOR SUPPORT NL

DJI Europe

I became quite concerned about DJI practices at that stage. I talked to a few lawyers about what can be done to save others such an unpleasant experience. It turns out that DJI may be violating our Consumer Legislation in Europe and, if that the case, anyone who has gone through similar problems may be entitled to seek compensation. I have shared this information on different forums and got people contacting me separately. Anyone who wants more information on this or wants access to my communications with DJI, sales, customer support and legal departments can reach out to me on Rafmarti87@gmail.com

2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there R.MRT. I know that is really frustrating to know the issues and troubles you had. I will escalate this to a higher level of management to check and see if there is anything we might help you with. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2019-2-22
Use props
R.MRT
lvl.1
Austria

- UPDATE -

To add insult to injury, I received two different emails from DJ

1) Can you please summarise the issue for us?  Alexis  DJI EU Support
2) "Where do you want us to ship the remote to? "We will as soon as shipping back the package to you." (Whatever that means) Quarles DJI Support EU

So after 5+ calls and 12+ emails over the past two months, 1)  they can't confirm where is the remote. 2) Some in DJI don't know what the issue is. 3) Some others seem to understand they have to ship a remote but don't know where.

Perhaps, as Stefan SUPERVISOR SUPPORT NL  DJI Europe said,  I did not set a good precedent for cooperation to work on. Whatever he meant by that.

The way DJI operates has started to ring alarms,  they charge abusive prices for repairs under the threat of losing the product warranty (a warranty that does not cover manufacturing flaws). Products get lost and no one takes responsibility for it. Different departments seem to work as isolated silos, to the detriment of their clients.

This is a company that receives loads of personal data about their clients/users.  I have submitted a request to better understand if this data is being handled in the same fashion as their product warranties and post-sale support. I will be opening a different thread to keep everyone informed of their response.

2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

I understand your frustration and very sorry for the inconvenience. We'll keep learning and improving the experience for our valued customers. We'll resend the unit for you soon, appreciate your support and patience.
2019-2-27
Use props
R.MRT
lvl.1
Austria

Are you telling me, contrary to what some of your colleagues are saying, that you don't have the remote at your service center?
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

R.MRT Posted at 2-28 03:28
Are you telling me, contrary to what some of your colleagues are saying, that you don't have the remote at your service center?

Sorry for the confusion. We have resent the package for you, please keep an eye on the email for the tracking number, thank you!
2019-2-28
Use props
R.MRT
lvl.1
Ireland

- UPDATE -

Over two months after I sent the remote I finally received back.  You would think that any company that has some sort of integrity would compensate its clients for MISTAKES likes this, right? Dream on...

1) No compensation whatsoever despite the fact that I had to buy another remote during my traveling to be able to use their products.
2) No explanation on how often the receive remotes for repairs related to the micro USB charge.
3) No response to my questions about getting the remote repaired at a cheaper price elsewhere without losing the product's warranty.

Most likely, someone will post underneath acknowledging their mistakes and apologizing. I wonder how many people they hire to do that rather useless job and what's the budget for those solving the actual problem and ensuring a satisfactory customer experience.

Thanks for all the private emails.  I haven't responded individually but will keep those who reached out to be updated.

2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

R.MRT Posted at 3-9 09:07
- UPDATE -

Over two months after I sent the remote I finally received back.  You would think that any company that has some sort of integrity would compensate its clients for MISTAKES likes this, right? Dream on...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I've forwarded to the management to follow up your case and see if there is anything else we can help.
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules