Replacement drone
1245 15 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83245 ft
United States

Got my replacement drone in the mail. And after spending 30 minutes or so setting everything up and linking the controller, i can now yell that the camera is off center a noticeable amount. No calibration fixes the problem. Still have a camera that is off to the right. I sent my initial drone in for repairs. I thought I was getting my same drone back but instead i received a Refurbished drone. There are marks and scratches on this refurbished drone. Also the drone they sent me was in a box with absolutely no packing materials. When i sent my drone in for repairs, i was told that i must send it in with packing materials or else they wouldnt except it...well this one they sent me was jsut in a box without anything to cushion it.
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

I can tell the camera is off center.
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

Also, when I switch the camera from follow to fpv, the video feed becomes tilted even though the drone is sitting on a flat surface.
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

Also had plant material in the battery compartment
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

A
2019-2-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

If i was you send it back, open a support case and let them know you are not happy
2019-2-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agreed, send it back.
2019-2-23
Use props
AirbusH120
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1079012 ft
South Africa

Sorry to hijack this thread.  I had a Mavic 2 Pro that I managed to drop into a saltwater lagoon in December.

It's been with the people that I bought if from now for 2 months and it seems that the drone itself is beyond repair.

Since I purchased a flymore package and still have 2 good batteries, the controller, bag, etc., it feels like a waste to buy a full drone kit.

Am I able to purchase just the drone itself, and am I able to purchase it from DJI directly if I am in South Africa?  Suren, given that you are from SA, would you kindly respond if you know?

Thanks so much.

Alan
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

Please start your own thread.
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

I am now realizing that the camera is not even moving during startup at all. And is loose as a goose when powered on. This gimbal is broken on my "considered new" replacement drone. This is ridiculous! Absolutely mad about this!!
2019-2-23
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Send it back. We can't fix it.
2019-2-23
Use props
djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J
lvl.2
United States

Yep. Got it. I will send it back. Thanks for the advice.
2019-2-23
Use props
AirbusH120
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1079012 ft
South Africa

Thanks for the friendly advice.  I'll start my own thread.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sincerely sorry to read that the replacement drone is not working well, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired according to our after-sales policy. I see you have started another case to send in, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate department for attention, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AirbusH120 Posted at 2-23 06:32
Sorry to hijack this thread.  I had a Mavic 2 Pro that I managed to drop into a saltwater lagoon in December.

It's been with the people that I bought if from now for 2 months and it seems that the drone itself is beyond repair.

Hi Alan, DJI Gamora has replied your own thread: we can request to create you a special order to have the Aircraft alone, please reach out one of our support channels for further assistance: https://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2019-2-23
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

djiuser_KxGiqWFz1u8J Posted at 2-23 05:16
Also had plant material in the battery compartment

Seriously?  What ended up being the resolution?  Did you return it and they make it right or not?
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules