Intermittent sensor fault
823 11 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9c6dff17
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Maybe a silly question yet here I am
One day last week my spark stopped video, and showed fault codes on sensors for forward facing sensor and camera sensor. Befor sending for repair i thought i would screenshot faults today. All gone and a test flight today was all good? so my question, has this happened to anyone else? is it a known problem? could it have been interference?

Thank you.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Spark before. There are factors that can create this error message on the DJI Go 4 application. This error will occur when you descending or change to Sport mode, or the environmental condition is not good, like in the evening, light is not bright. If there is strong light in the front of the aircraft, the vision sensors has some probability mistake the strong light for an obstacle. In in case that in the future this issue will happened again. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-2-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you get intermittent errors, and those errors are few and far between flights...I would just press on.
But if it errored every flight, I would turn it in for repair.
2019-2-23
Use props
Alan Trouble
lvl.1
United Kingdom

pmshop Posted at 2-23 16:10
If you get intermittent errors, and those errors are few and far between flights...I would just press on.
But if it errored every flight, I would turn it in for repair.

Thank you, I will continue with caution
2019-2-23
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Not even knew that it can happen. Thanks for sharing the case and please keep us informed.
2019-2-24
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello!

I had the same problem. But the reason was to enter an area where the sun directly hit the front sensor. Spark stopped instantly, as if he were in front of an object.

Fly Safe! BR.
2019-2-24
Use props
Alan Trouble
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Seemed to fly ok today and then (without sunlight) it suddenly disconnected, I landed manually then rebooted and all was fine again throughout second battery? Location was flat high field with no buildings, power lines or vehicles, also showing 14 gps sattalites.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alan Trouble Posted at 2-24 05:24
[view_image]

Seemed to fly ok today and then (without sunlight) it suddenly disconnected, I landed manually then rebooted and all was fine again throughout second battery? Location was flat high field with no buildings, power lines or vehicles, also showing 14 gps sattalites.

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. If you encounter this problem with "DISCONNECTED" message it means that the mobile device is not communicating with your remote controller. May we know what is the model of your mobile device? Have you tried to use a different mobile device? You may refer to the image below for compatible device on our DJI Spark.

2019-2-24
Use props
Alan Trouble
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-24 10:55
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. If you encounter this problem with "DISCONNECTED" message it means that the mobile device is not communicating with your remote controller. May we know what is the model of your mobile device? Have you tried to use a different mobile device? You may refer to the image below for compatible device on our DJI Spark.

[view_image]

I use and iPhone 7 with an OTG cable, thank you.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alan Trouble Posted at 2-24 14:30
I use and iPhone 7 with an OTG cable, thank you.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As of the time being, the DJI Spark doesn't optimize with OTG cable for the iOS devices, however, that doesn't mean you can't use an OTG cable with our iPhone. I'm afraid that this process hasn't been recommended by our engineers, therefore, this may cause intermittent connection between the remote and the mobile device. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-24
Use props
Alan Trouble
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-24 14:45
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As of the time being, the DJI Spark doesn't optimize with OTG cable for the iOS devices, however, that doesn't mean you can't use an OTG cable with our iPhone. I'm afraid that this process hasn't been recommended by our engineers, therefore, this may cause intermittent connection between the remote and the mobile device. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you, I will take this on board and proceed with caution.

Alan
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alan Trouble Posted at 2-24 15:25
Thank you, I will take this on board and proceed with caution.

Alan

You're most welcome. We do appreciate your understanding. Kindly keep us posted if you need our assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules