944 1 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scoundrel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6089 ft
United States

HI!

I've done some searching for this, and I am sure the answer is out there, but I'm having trouble finding it among the thousands of search results. So sorry if it's a repeat, please don't treat me too harshly.

My issues is that my Mavic 2 Zoom is way overexposing things when in auto exposure and video recording mode. It works great when in still image mode.
My Phantom P3 did great with this. I get that some people didn't like how it would wash out the sky if the gimbal was angled too far down, or darken the ground too much if the gimbal was higher, but it worked for me.

What I am finding is that even on cloudy days, the auto exposure just is washing everything out regardless of where I put the gimbal. I'll attach a couple fo pics, one in still image mode and one in video mode, both with auto exposure.

What can I do to improve this, without going for manual exposure all of the time?

Auto Exposure Video Mode.jpg
Auto Exposure Camera Mode.jpg
2019-2-24
Use props
Scoundrel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6089 ft
United States

Ah, never mind. After some more searching, and then fiddling with the settings some more, I found the EV setting. I did not realize that this was independent from the auto exposure, and that I had managed to jack it way up without noticing. All of these fiddly buttons and dials and knobs on the controller, you know...

Hope this helps some other noob.
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules