Warranty Issues
889 7 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FgENtTu6zTuL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316440 ft
United States

I crashed my drone about a month ago and after contacting DJI they told me that it was fully covered and they would send me my replacement if i just gave them a Hong Kong address. I live in the US and i purchased the drone through a authorized dealer and it was sent to me in the US. I asked them if they could send it to me and even offered to pay for the shipping but i was told they wont do that. Has anyone dealt with this before? This seems like a terrible warranty policy.
Screenshot_20190226-064446_Gmail.jpg
2019-2-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is not terrible, just protecting the local dealerships!
Almost the same with smartphones: warranty is where you bought it!
Also the "for hongkong or china" Sparks may be cheaper, as the "US or Europe" Sparks.
And the warranty is/may be different.

I agree on the fact, that they could send it, but:
That would need a US-Spark to be pulled out of a "into the US imported" stock.
To replace a Hkg-Spark, which perhaps never got taxed. ;-)

This problem will also happen, in case you would have a adress, Hongkong, Singapore, but not someone who flies to the US himself.
Send it via UPS or such, you paying a lot on top.

Don't you have to send the crashed one back?

Edit:
Ask the source you got it from.
They should be able to provide "a friends adress"!

2019-2-26
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I hate country restriction I can't get most of the these things and when I can it's twice the price from other country. But that's very strange maybe try contacting the reseller.
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_FgENtTu6zTuL
lvl.1
United States

I purchased the drone through online Walmart and it was originally purchased in the US. The crashed one is gone, 1600 feet off a cliff...
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and for the whole situation. However, each drone has the export information in our system, we will check the warranty according to our system. We do not provide the global warranty due to various product versions, the customer can obtain warranty service only in the region where he/she purchased the product (in designated DJI repair center). However, depending on the availability of parts, the customer can receive repair service against payment. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help. Thank you.
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_FgENtTu6zTuL
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-26 11:18
Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and for the whole situation. However, each drone has the export information in our system, we will check the warranty according to our system. We do not provide the global warranty due to various product versions, the customer can obtain warranty service only in the region where he/she purchased the product (in designated DJI repair center). However, depending on the availability of parts, the customer can receive repair service against payment. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help. Thank you.

I Purchased the drone through a authorized company in the US and had it shipped to me in the US, i sont see how these regional warranties can be justified.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_FgENtTu6zTuL Posted at 2-26 11:43
I Purchased the drone through a authorized company in the US and had it shipped to me in the US, i sont see how these regional warranties can be justified.

This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-2-26
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_FgENtTu6zTuL Posted at 2-26 11:43

I did not think on walmart, more on an online dealer, after you described your problem
But: Check with walmart, tell 'em that your bird is , according to DJI, a "import model", and how they can help you with this.
There may be another couple of hundred walmart Sparks without a US warranty, out in the States.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules