P2 H3 3D, never crashed...not level
3775 9 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slparker1000
New

United States

Hi guys, I have searched here and googled, but no solution to MY problem.

I have a P2, with a 3d zemuse that i bought after the P2.  I have done numerous IMU  calibrations and compass calibrations.  It still tilts to the left just a few degrees.

Any help?

Thanks

Steve

2014-11-9
Use props
CineAir
lvl.2

Australia

I have the exact same problem. Horizon is always off a few degrees. Not too sure why
2014-11-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure that you do the advanced IMU Calibration.  When you go to your flying site, try to make sure your craft is level while it is initializing.  Also, how do you have the gimbal mounted?  Make sure that the vibration isolation balls are correctly mounted and secured.  Do not press the retainers beyond the first stop.  I actually do not use the retainers.  I have not had a need, but then, I don't crash or land hard.  That's just me and your experience may vary.
2014-11-9
Use props
marcdeleuze4
New

Canada

Hello all,
My H3-D3 gimbal is not facing the front of my Phantom and is off by 45 degrees, pulsing slightly every few seconds.
I have used both the RC assistant and the phantom 2 assistant software to re-calibrate my gimbal but without success.
DJI recommended that I download the gimbal assistant software, which I did, but it does'nt recognize my gimbal. It is not a driver problem as both other software work perfectly. Help please
2014-11-23
Use props
marco.ma
lvl.1

China

Dear, Can you take a picture or video to show me the situation?  Thank you.
2014-11-25
Use props
joeljonsson1980
New

Sweden

Hi, i have got the exact same problem. I have done numerous calibrations (basic IMU, advanced IMU calibration) nothing helps. Its very obvious when i see the horizon in the video i shoot from my phantom.

please see attached photo!!
IMG_0954.JPG
2014-12-30
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

Have you tried resetting you H3-3D by short circuiting it with the GoPro off.

2015-1-3
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

This problem was making me crazy. Always 1 to 3º off level when it shouldn't be. After 5 or 6 unsuccessful fixes after advanced calibrations, I tried the method outlined below out of desperation thinking the logic in it made sense. And... Boom. It worked. I've done this minor tweak to both my Phantoms and their horizon is dead on level when flying straight forward, straight backward or hovering still.

First: You have to do an advance IMU calibration. Make sure the Phantom is sitting on a perfectly level surface. After calibration take it for a fly while filming. Next look at the newly shot footage. If the horizon is still not level your Phantom wasn't perfectly level OR the IMU advanced calibration didn't "see it" as level.
Second: Place your Phantom on the same exact spot/place you did the first calibration. On the side that seems higher in your video (left or right) place about 1/8" thickness of paper under both black pads of that leg. In theory you're lifting the "high side" even higher! Yikes... trust me... this works.
Third: Now do another IMU advanced calibration. This little bit of height on that side will allow the advanced calibration to sense the difference and then compensate by lowering the high side of the roll motor.

NOTE 1: My experience has shown that this minor adjustment does not - in any way - affect the flight charateristics or stability of the Phantom 2.
NOTE 2: Depending on how far off level you are you may need to increase (3/16" or 1/4") or decrease (1/16") the paper thickness that's raising the one side up when you do the calibration. Trial and error with right hieght until your video is level when flying staight or hovering. But 1/8" is just enough difference that it's a good starting point.

Good luck.

2015-1-7
Use props
joeljonsson1980
New

Sweden

I found that my vertical arm on the H3-3D was slightly bent.
I removed it and carefully bent it back and now its level.
2015-1-8
Use props
steveshambaugh
lvl.1

United States

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-1-8 12:57
This problem was making me crazy. Always 1 to 3º off level when it shouldn't be. After 5 or 6 unsuc ...

Ya know, sometimes I get so caught up with too much minutia and have to step back and take a long hard look at just what I'm doing right, and wrong.  I've been plagued by this same issue for some time now and finally realized the desk I've been performing my calibrations on is not quite level.  (and it doesn't take much...)  So, I got out a tall 4 legged stool so it's up plenty high from any metallic interference, shimmed it so it was perfectly level, performed the advanced calibration and voila!!!  It's perfect.  Thanks for this post that was like a 2X4 to the head that got my thinking straight.
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules