Focus wheel stopped working/lights off
623 3 2019-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuns10
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello,

Today I was filming with my ronin s paired with a Gh5s and the 12-35 2.8 lens as usual.

The focus ring was working as always until it just stopped working with no real reason - it literally happened whilst filming.

Now the focus ring doesn't blink (no red or green light) whilst the recording button works just fine.

I can't pull focus anymore. I tried changing the cable and resetting everything + re update, but nothing so far.

Is this an hardware issue that anyone has encountered at all?

Is there any way to run a diagnostic to check if the focus ring is faulty or at least a way to identify what's the problem?

Everything else works just fine.

Thanks

2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Kuns10, sorry for the troubles with the Focus Wheel, did you try to re-install it or install it on another side? Then re-set the settings. GTScreenshot_20190302_163535.png
2019-3-2
Use props
Kuns10
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi @djimindy and thanks for your reply,

Oddly enough today everything seems back to normal almost magically!

Very bizarre,

The only feedback I've got is that the light indicator near the wheel just went blank all of a sudden two days ago and then came back to normal today (one red blink whilst disconnected and steady green when connected).

No idea what could be the cause. Hopefully it won't happen again but the concern that it could just randomly reappear whilst out on a filming shoot is really worrying,

Thanks for your suggestions though
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kuns10 Posted at 3-2 08:11
Hi @djimindy and thanks for your reply,

Oddly enough today everything seems back to normal almost magically!

It's good to know the issue was figured out, it could be a disconnection issue, please make sure the Focus Wheel is installed properly, if it happens again, please keep us updated without hesitation.
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules