satellites Mavic Air
403 3 2019-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morvan
New
Flight distance : 988 ft
Brazil

there is a minimum amount of satellites to fly the Mavic Air ?

thank you.

2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

to keep it simple, 9-12 is the minimum i recommend to flying any distance and remaining safe..        

however if you want to get into more technical details, you can have less as long as the diversity of satellites is strong and wide.  the bars on the satellite icon are a measure of diversity (or quality as some people say) if you have full bars even with less sats you can still get a fairly accurate location and it mark home point, i actually has 4 sat cout and my homepoint got marked because higher diversity of sats in my area.  i wouldn't recommend flying with so few if you arent experienced however because if one or more drops out may lose positioning stability and it switch to ATTI mode until gets a proper lock again and ATTI mode is hard to control.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Morvan.  Thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question, eleven ( 11 ) or more satellites are good and also make sure there will be no source of interference on the area for you to have a smooth flight with your Aircraft. Thank you.
2019-3-3
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never go up until there are at least 10
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now