9888 15 2019-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WayneBru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344180 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I wanted to fly around a memorial which is located on top of a 251 meter hill. But its still in the flight path of a military air station. The jets never fly over the hill, they turn away before ticking off the rich land owners around the hill. But I couldn't get the Mavic to fly higher than 10 meters because I was already at 140 meters. Is there a way around this?

IMG_0006.jpg
Screenshot 2019-03-04 15.47.18.png
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Apparently, the location is restricted and it's highlighted in gray. On this zone, altitude zones: Altitude zones will appear in gray on the map. Users receive warnings in DJI GO, or DJI GO 4 and flight altitude is limited. I'm afraid that we couldn't get rid of the restriction to possibly override the limited flight distance. You may refer to the link below for our your reference on the level of the restriction. We do appreciate your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-3-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-4
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-4 16:35
The height limit is from point of take off. Can you take off from on top of the hill?

The takeoff altitude didn't matter. I was in the grey zone of the airport and my altitude was at 110 meters above the airstrip's altitude. So my limit was 10 meters above that. My question was if there was a way to remove the restriction.
2019-3-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-3-4
Use props
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521417 ft
United States

Isn’t it great not being able to fly YOUR drone where you want even though you are following the rules? That’s big brother DJI for you!
2019-3-4
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

NLD will enable you to do so but having looked at the map you are right next to the yellow zone and in very close proximity to the flight path indeed.

What if an aircraft has to divert from their usual take off for a reason or your drone has a fly away due to wind or malfunction?

I'd personally stick to the restriction in your case.
2019-3-5
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 3-5 00:10
NLD will enable you to do so but having looked at the map you are right next to the yellow zone and in very close proximity to the flight path indeed.

What if an aircraft has to divert from their usual take off for a reason or your drone has a fly away due to wind or malfunction?

I have successfully flown in the recent past at this location. You can see that I stay low, under the height of nearby TV towers in fact.
I didn't know if the current issue was a setting that I had set wrong, or an update from dJi.
2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to FFA map there are should not be any restrictions in that area. As a matter of fact 200 feet ceiling is well to the east from there.
3C699E12-0E88-425B-87F1-3AF92BA61879.jpeg
E20B56B5-5054-40B5-9A23-8F0B2686FF42.jpeg
2019-3-5
Use props
WayneBru
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

3BEPb Posted at 3-5 08:10
According to FFA map there are should not be any restrictions in that area. As a matter of fact 200 feet ceiling is well to the east from there.

Well- those maps aren't in my controller. What you see in the very first post is a shot of the controller and the small pic is from Dji's Fly Safe map, which has a height restriction of 150 meters. But I believe its 150 meters from sea level? or the airport?
2019-3-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

WayneBru Posted at 3-5 08:18
Well- those maps aren't in my controller. What you see in the very first post is a shot of the controller and the small pic is from Dji's Fly Safe map, which has a height restriction of 150 meters. But I believe its 150 meters from sea level? or the airport?

I feel you.....Every time DJI Go4 promts me to update these zones I decline and fly as it is.
2019-3-5
Use props
fanse5a8751b
New

Singapore

Personally I would always use “certain” software to change the limits on mine
2019-6-28
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

3BEPb Posted at 3-5 08:26
I feel you.....Every time DJI Go4 promts me to update these zones I decline and fly as it is.

so do i. unfortunately, i have discovered it after some updates.
2019-6-28
Use props
TRiPWiRE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560472 ft
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-5 08:20
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.

That's nice dear...
2019-6-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you aren't willing to travel to an area where this is no NFZ then either have it as a paper weight or sell it.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules