Rotor Spacing
861 14 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

I noticed that one of my Spark rotors has a wider than normal gap between its two halves. The drone still flies however this seems to have effected the angle of rotation causing the props to be closer to the top of upper hull than the others are. Is there any adjustment I can make to reduce the gap so the props spin level with the others?
2019-3-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Could you share some photos or video of that case?
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-6 05:44
Could you share some photos or video of that case?

Here is the close up, taken at slightly different angles but I think the wider gap on the one is noticeable compared to the other. One image is normal and the other the gap.
D047E63D-FD38-4E76-9C03-507FF6EC74D5.jpeg
04E1741E-11DA-41C7-ABEF-EAA4A4E11D54.jpeg
2019-3-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

You mentioned, that it effected the angle of rotation. Which signs of that do you observe when you fly? When drone is just hover in the air 10-15ft above the ground, do you notice any weird uncontrollable  movement?
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

There is a slight pitch to the left which is the side the rotor with the gap is. I think adjustment to the pitch of the drone can compensate. But was wondering if there is a safe and quick fix for that gap itself.
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2 Posted at 3-6 06:26
There is a slight pitch to the left which is the side the rotor with the gap is. I think adjustment to the pitch of the drone can compensate. But was wondering if there is a safe and quick fix for that gap itself.
There was some slight tittering motion but this was with some wind. Will have to wait for the wind to mellow and I will probably let it hover that 10-15 feet for the length of the battery time to really get an idea.
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're glad that you've noticed this situation on your aircraft. We'll go ahead and forward this matter to our designated department for further assistance. Thank you for continued support. We'll keep you posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 13:11
Hi, we're glad that you've noticed this situation on your aircraft. We'll go ahead and forward this matter to our designated department for further assistance. Thank you for continued support. We'll keep you posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

what happened to this information regarding the gap ?
2019-3-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Brushless motors used in models can be disassembled for maintenance.  The motor would have to be removed.  Look at a video of one used on RC models being adjusted so the shaft protrudes out the bell or adjusted so the shaft protrudes out the base.  The shaft will have an allen set screw to adjust and secure one end and e-clips on the other.  Perhaps the allen set screw slipped a bit and let the shaft holding the bell housing move up a bit.

The service center can do the work if it is under warranty or the user can do it.  The other side of the motor has an e-clip so this side has to have an allen in there some where holding the shaft.

aSparkmotor2.jpg
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2 Posted at 3-6 07:14
There was some slight tittering motion but this was with some wind. Will have to wait for the wind to mellow and I will probably let it hover that 10-15 feet for the length of the battery time to really get an idea.

Hi, I've managed to forward this scenario to our designated department together with the image that you've provided to us. It's recommended to hover your aircraft at a low altitude without interference and check if this motor would produce excessive hot compared to the other motors. If you've noticed if this particular motor produced heat compared to others, it is recommended to send the unit to our facility for further evaluation, however, if it's not then this should not affect the aircraft and also the application should prompt a warning message if it would detect a problem on your aircraft. If you wish to contact our support, kindly see the link below. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

S.J Posted at 3-7 01:02
what happened to this information regarding the gap ?

HI, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry for the late response. May we know if you encounter this same situation? If yes, you could refer to the post above #10 for you to conduct the test on your aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-7
Use props
djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2
lvl.2

United States

Appreciate all of the feed back, thanks for all of the help and information regarding this.
2019-3-7
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Tony Posted at 3-7 08:35
HI, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry for the late response. May we know if you encounter this same situation? If yes, you could refer to the post above #10 for you to conduct the test on your aircraft. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

So if the motor is more hot than the other motors, does it indicate the motor has to be replaced ?

thank you
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

S.J Posted at 3-9 12:10
So if the motor is more hot than the other motors, does it indicate the motor has to be replaced ?

thank you

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, it might be replaced or repair depending on the situation of the evaluation. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_g3ABNSLF2Rq2 Posted at 3-7 10:15
Appreciate all of the feed back, thanks for all of the help and information regarding this.

You're most welcome! Please let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules