High winds
1077 32 2019-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Theme: what do mavic air flyers do when winds shutdown flying?

Practice indoors flying
Edify knowledge base e.g. forum, web
Maintain mavic air stuff
Cinematography creation
Clean up software file accumulated
Have a margarita

Winds are high now honolulu, can not even stand stably erect on planted feet. Forecast reveals prolonged durate.
2019-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t know whether to congratulate you or commiserate with you on your post , which is very close to the Queens English , which is much easier for all around here to understand.

Spend some time reading your manual, or flight simulator.
2019-3-6
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

let it fly and if fly away, hope DJI will send you a new drone...
2019-3-6
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Study proper English
2019-3-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We do not recommend our customers to fly their drone in a hazardous environment or any bad weather such as rain or strong wind to avoid the incident to the drone. The Mavic Air can withstand wind speeds up to 10 m/s. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manual, manual, manual
2019-3-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-6 09:38
I don’t know whether to congratulate you or commiserate with you on your post , which is very close to the Queens English , which is much easier for all around here to understand.

Spend some time reading your manual, or flight simulator.

Queen's english
Nope, came out from my elderly brain
But flying indoor in the gym appears most advancing for familiarity of atti mode, since the mavic air system does not permit this mode (can not configure shutoff satellites)
2019-3-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 3-6 18:35
Manual, manual, manual

I did so on mavic air purchase evening. It is packed in the kit and well written, organized, and conveys rationale for design principles of operation, very valued info.
Maybe we should make a closed book exam of these vital rather logistical principles e.g., the reasons the rth has been tiered, e.g., the purpose behind the battery active flight chronology displayed, e.g., the method employed to flag highwind notifications, and etc?
2019-3-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 09:51
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We do not recommend our customers to fly their drone in a hazardous environment or any bad weather such as rain or strong wind to avoid the incident to the drone. The Mavic Air can withstand wind speeds up to 10 m/s. Thank you for understanding.

Of course! Change that price tag for mavic air 4X bigger and casualties will drop ten factor, yes?
The reciprocal would yield 10X more casualties, 800÷4=200
2019-3-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 3-6 09:46
Study proper English

Got a better idea, teach members hawaiian pigeon english?
tantada
2019-3-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 3-6 09:44
let it fly and if fly away, hope DJI will send you a new drone...

Hey, thats poking unsubstantiated criticism before evaluating their earnest endeavoring to integrate users wants, hardships, improve request, quite a comprehensive package, right?
I have not experienced faltering just yet, nor do i desire inviting faltering. It boils down to care of assets, you either do it correctly else face the unpredictability what could unfold. Fortunately soft designers code assistance, e.g., "your phone data must be engaged, turn on?"
2019-3-6
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 3-6 18:35
Manual, manual, manual

Agree, folks know bible by brute endeavoring it.
Yet even knowing all of it, bummers unfold.
Same with engineering!
Same in poker too.
To become a mastery of mavic air, it will take tenthousand hours, but it will work, and you will have satisfactions of immense accomplishments,  yes?
2019-3-6
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Cutis.
The Mavic Air handles strong wind better than you might think.....  Just keep flying!  
Ian

2019-3-6
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Agree. Fly in a safe, wide open space, don't go too high and keep close. Hone your skills. - Remember your drone may be switching off it's proximity sensors in high winds.

You could also buy a cheap mini drone to fly indoors if the weather is really cxxx. Great fun. Watch the Drone Captain  on the tube for some inspiration.
2019-3-7
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Wellsi Posted at 3-6 23:40
Hi Cutis.
The Mavic Air handles strong wind better than you might think.....  Just keep flying!   
Ian

Rats, my target is downwind and forecast says winds relax 16th march! Batteries auto slump 10days from last flight 3rd march, rats
2019-3-7
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

cutis Posted at 3-6 18:58
Got a better idea, teach members hawaiian pigeon english?
tantada

Pigeon on brutha hehe oh wait didn't i see you....
2019-3-7
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

BobB Posted at 3-7 09:44
Pigeon on brutha hehe oh wait didn't i see you....

You live here too?
Or seen me during my career?
I bought 1st ever drone 2018 dec prior xmas and it ran away far away so target returned my purchase money all seventyeight usd. It was called phase three sophistication "journey". It was gps too. Next purchase i chose mavic air, very good investment too.
2019-3-7
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

*DM* Posted at 3-7 00:10
Agree. Fly in a safe, wide open space, don't go too high and keep close. Hone your skills. - Remember your drone may be switching off it's proximity sensors in high winds.

You could also buy a cheap mini drone to fly indoors if the weather is really cxxx. Great fun. Watch the Drone Captain  on the tube for some inspiration.

It cost twenty usd in honolulu, sharper image micro drone, flies just seven minutes, extremely flyweight graces collision momentum impact. There is no video. But valuable stick training from eye to fingers
2019-3-7
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 3-7 09:26
Rats, my target is downwind and forecast says winds relax 16th march! Batteries auto slump 10days from last flight 3rd march, rats

Just plug your batteries into their charger and they will recharge no problem.  You don't have to fly or discharge them to keep them fully charged if you know you are going to need them in a few days time...
Ian
2019-3-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 3-7 11:37
It cost twenty usd in honolulu, sharper image micro drone, flies just seven minutes, extremely flyweight graces collision momentum impact. There is no video. But valuable stick training from eye to fingers

2019-3-9
Use props
Manuel F.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15748786 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

It handle winds in a very good way. if have try it to 20knots without any problem.
2019-3-9
Use props
Harry moes
New
Flight distance : 3773 ft

Aruba

Same on Aruba my friend
2019-3-9
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

I fly in high winds.. I don’t fly very far from my controller .. so unless I start drifting I keep filming
2019-3-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Wellsi Posted at 3-8 22:28
Just plug your batteries into their charger and they will recharge no problem.  You don't have to fly or discharge them to keep them fully charged if you know you are going to need them in a few days time...
Ian

Got it, prepare batteries 15march before winds dwindle 5mph dawn 16march
Forecast appears set, unchanged still yet when refreshed
2019-3-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

*DM* Posted at 3-9 00:11

@150feet rc pairing, the sharper image micro drone can not be seen by naked eye (107 statute exempt). It is sized like the half dollar coin, incredible creation so minute. There's no gps! But there's  no winds inside the gymnasium
2019-3-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Manuel F. Posted at 3-9 01:37
It handle winds in a very good way. if have try it to 20knots without any problem.
Gosh you pilots are highly confident using mavic air capabilities. I do not push it. I become quite apprehensive viewing drone on screen being swept off-route by unsuspecting wind interfere. More fuel gets burned counteracting the interfere, adding secondary apprehension "...is there a safe landing available prior to home?...".
To me apprehension is not pleasureable, instead its spooks. Pleasure is operating mavic air predictably in full control repositing high end video recordings of unachieveable perspectives of view orientations
Embarressing or not, I'll drive my mavic air just like how gramma drives her car, never ever broke down, and nobody honked at her being so crawl
2019-3-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Renames Posted at 3-9 04:45
I fly in high winds.. I don’t fly very far from my controller .. so unless I start drifting I keep filming

Official post declared 10 meters per second, roughly 15mph cutoff
You confident pilots are ranged 15 - 25 mph with protective vigilance reconciliation
2019-3-9
Use props
Manuel F.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15748786 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

cutis Posted at 3-9 10:50
Gosh you pilots are highly confident using mavic air capabilities. I do not push it. I become quite apprehensive viewing drone on screen being swept off-route by unsuspecting wind interfere. More fuel gets burned counteracting the interfere, adding secondary apprehension "...is there a safe landing available prior to home?...".
To me apprehension is not pleasureable, instead its spooks. Pleasure is operating mavic air predictably in full control repositing high end video recordings of unachieveable perspectives of view orientations
Embarressing or not, I'll drive my mavic air just like how gramma drives her car, never ever broke down, and nobody honked at her being so crawl

20 knots is the limit on the DJI specification. Nothing wrong to fly with some wind. Yesterday I crash my drone directly on the water. It was not wind at all. Very quiet and for some reason it act like crazy and dive in the water. I make a thread a about it. Even with all precaution the crash can happend. Yesterday was a normal easy fly wiht perfect conditions.. And it crash. Never say never.
2019-3-9
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Read, gain as much knowledge as possible. Never give up learning. No matter how good you think you are, you can always improve.
2019-3-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Manuel F. Posted at 3-9 11:03
20 knots is the limit on the DJI specification. Nothing wrong to fly with some wind. Yesterday I crash my drone directly on the water. It was not wind at all. Very quiet and for some reason it act like crazy and dive in the water. I make a thread a about it. Even with all precaution the crash can happend. Yesterday was a normal easy fly wiht perfect conditions.. And it crash. Never say never.

I believe sensory confusion results when craft purview does not envelope other imagery under scan besides water surface ALONE. had ducks whales floatation objects been in purview of craft sensory, the incident would not have occurred.
Its very important to understand the principles of operation designed into sensory protection schema
2019-3-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

ShermanFlyer Posted at 3-9 11:36
Read, gain as much knowledge as possible. Never give up learning. No matter how good you think you are, you can always improve.

Agree, by design, engineering obsolescence. Stuff keeps advancing forward, esp in this drone technology and robotics business. Look at the expensive mavic or pro class which preceded mavic air. By improved evolution, mavic air trumps their sophistications of prior generations, esp mavic air's incredible camera!
I just hope microprocessor evolution brings even greater amends (recall programmable flight route now afforded to specific drone model)
2019-3-9
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

When i cannot fly i watch youtube videos to learn something more that i already know....and spent some time on forum
2019-3-10
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Alex1976 Posted at 3-10 05:20
When i cannot fly i watch youtube videos to learn something more that i already know....and spent some time on forum
Forum has informed of bogus information, e.g., mavic air flying upsidedown.
Users can be misled commensurate to their experience level?
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules